Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474271)

AirBonner 11-11-2019 03:56 PM

Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Kobe Bryantís MVP season: 28.3/6.3/5.4 on 46% shooting.

Michael Jordanís rookie season: 28.2/6.5/5.9 on 52% shooting.

The fact that MJ played like a prime Kobe right out of the gate is pretty crazy :biggums: :biggums: :wtf:

SpaceJam2 11-11-2019 03:57 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Its why they are always linked when it comes to style. Its not a praise for Kobe its a knock on MJ. Imagine if LeBron's style was compared to a 12be like Kobe :lol

Lebron's getting Magic + MJ hybrid comparisons
MJ is getting Kobe and Demar Derozan comparisons

:lol

AirBonner 11-11-2019 03:59 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
Its why they are always linked when it comes to style. Its not a praise for Kobe its a knock on MJ. Imagine if LeBron's style was compared to a 12be like Kobe :lol

Lebron's getting Magic + MJ hybrid comparisons
MJ is getting Kobe and Demar Derozan comparisons

:lol

To be fair to MJ heís not compared to Kobe. Kobe is compared to him. Kobe is basically a Chinese replica of MJ

Bronbron23 11-11-2019 04:02 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
Its why they are always linked when it comes to style. Its not a praise for Kobe its a knock on MJ. Imagine if LeBron's style was compared to a 12be like Kobe :lol

Lebron's getting Magic + MJ hybrid comparisons
MJ is getting Kobe and Demar Derozan comparisons

:lol

Only people who don't know the game say DeRozan plays like mj. Your just exposing yourself when you say you that. And the original dosnt get compared to the duplicate. It's the other way around

SpaceJam2 11-11-2019 04:04 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronbron23
Only people who don't know the game say DeRozan plays like mj. Your just exposing yourself when you say you that. And the original dosnt get compared to the duplicate. It's the other way around


EDUCATION TIME: Bulls swapped MJ for Pete Myers (1994) and only dropped by 2 wins (59 to 57)

You telling me DeRozan doesnt take Chicago to the chip when MJ left? :lol

Next

superduper 11-11-2019 04:27 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
There's a reason dude is the undisputed GOAT bruh

Bronbron23 11-11-2019 04:44 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
EDUCATION TIME: Bulls swapped MJ for Pete Myers (1994) and only dropped by 2 wins (59 to 57)

You telling me DeRozan doesnt take Chicago to the chip when MJ left? :lol

Next

If DeRozan was such a difference maker and on mj's level why couldn't he win in Toronto? As soon as he leaves a slower less athletic of mj comes in and wins a chip. There's a history lesson for your ass.

Kiddlovesnets 11-11-2019 04:45 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Thatís the gap between the unanimous #1 GOAT and the consensus #12 all time, even at his best Kobe was about as good as rookie MJ.

Vino24 11-11-2019 04:50 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Thatís the gap between the unanimous #1 GOAT and the consensus #12 all time, even at his best Kobe was about as good as rookie MJ.

Facts :cheers: :cheers: :applause:

Bronbron23 11-11-2019 04:52 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirBonner
Kobe Bryantís MVP season: 28.3/6.3/5.4 on 46% shooting.

Michael Jordanís rookie season: 28.2/6.5/5.9 on 52% shooting.

The fact that MJ played like a prime Kobe right out of the gate is pretty crazy :biggums: :biggums: :wtf:

Mj is better than Kobe but rookie mj wasn't as good as prime Kobe. The stats dont tell the story alone. There's a huge difference between getting great stats on a great championship team and getting great stats on a bad team.

RRR3 11-11-2019 05:05 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Rookie MJ BPM: 8.2


Kobe career best BPM: 6.4 in 02-03



Ouch.

superduper 11-11-2019 05:26 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronbron23
Mj is better than Kobe but rookie mj wasn't as good as prime Kobe. The stats dont tell the story alone. There's a huge difference between getting great stats on a great championship team and getting great stats on a bad team.


High IQ take

ImKobe 11-11-2019 06:23 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirBonner
Kobe Bryantís MVP season: 28.3/6.3/5.4 on 46% shooting.

Michael Jordanís rookie season: 28.2/6.5/5.9 on 52% shooting.

The fact that MJ played like a prime Kobe right out of the gate is pretty crazy :biggums: :biggums: :wtf:


Kobe - 95.6 pace, 57 wins
MJ - 99.4 pace, 38 wins

Also, MJ was 21/22 years old, Kobe at same age averaged 29.4/7.3/6.1 for a 15 - 1 championship run.

RRR3 11-11-2019 06:26 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImKobe
Kobe - 95.6 pace, 57 wins
MJ - 99.4 pace, 38 wins

Also, MJ was 21/22 years old, Kobe at same age averaged 29.4/7.3/6.1 for a 15 - 1 championship run.

BPM?

Sorry man, but it’s not insane to say rookie MJ was better than peak Kobe if we’re talking stats.

ImKobe 11-11-2019 06:48 PM

Re: Kobeís MVP season vs MJís rookie season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
BPM?

Sorry man, but itís not insane to say rookie MJ was better than peak Kobe if weíre talking stats.



BPM (especially defensive) is not a very accurate stat as its own creators admitted, I wouldn't read too much into that stat. Also, a player shooting well on a bad team would get a higher OBPM than a player shooting the same on a team that had a better average TS%. There are other issues with that statistic as well. It's one of the least important stats but you're obsessed about it beause it supports your argument, but I doubt you know anything about how it's actually calculated.

Can you tell me why Steve Nash was only 13th and 9th in OBPM during his MVP seasons while running the 1st and 2nd best offenses in the league?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy