Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Mourning the loss of Johnny Red Kerr and Norm Van Lier (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122478)

Hans-Wolfe-#-17 02-27-2009 01:11 AM

Mourning the loss of Johnny Red Kerr and Norm Van Lier

I am just shocked at how cruel fate has treated the Chicago Bulls today! This is truly sad day for the Bulls. I know we each will miss these two great men and proud members of Bulls organization.

My heart goes out to each of you all the way from Germany.

Hans.

Undisputed 02-27-2009 01:17 AM

Re: Mourning the loss of Johnny Red Kerr and Norm Van Lier

I'm just speechless....

:cry:

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 02-27-2009 01:33 AM

2 of the biggest broadcasters in Bulls history die on the same day.... wow, that's too bad.....

CelticForce1349 02-27-2009 01:37 AM

Oh my Gawd!!! I was just watching TNT when they mentioned this. I can't believe it. I thought today was supposed to be a great day with the Bulls meeting Obama... this is unbelievable.
I am so sorry guys, this is so heartbreaking.

R.I.P. for two Bulls giants.

MaCC2MuCh 02-27-2009 03:36 AM

R.I.P......johnny red kerr....norm van lier...2 great Chicago bull legends/icons.....gone but never forgotten...

Chicago-Rose 02-27-2009 03:46 AM

R.I.P. to both men.

GreatGreg 02-27-2009 07:06 AM

... I cannot believe this....

I'm just utterly speechless and shocked
R.I.P Johnny Red, R.I.P Norm Van Lier
This is really sad because just yesterday I was looking at Johnny Red's Wikipedia...
While he was still alive....
If this was a murder, who would do such a thing?!
why would someone want to murder these amazing men?!

GreatGreg 02-27-2009 07:07 AM

Tommorow, most likely, there going to honor both men before the anthem because they're at home...
Wow...
Guys, I swear to god I was thinking this yesterday,
What if Johnny Red Kerr and Norm died on the same day?
I was imagining how sad everyone would be
And I was thinking, that can't be possible.... then I went to sleep, and when I woke up in the morning, I saw this. I couldn't believe it.
The City of Chicago has lost 2 close friends yesterday...

R.I.P Johnny Red Kerr, R.I.P Norm Van Lier

Crazy Style 02-27-2009 08:36 AM

Both in one day, why? I guess yesterday was an end of an era since Norm and Kerr were both huge symbols of the Bulls. Last night I was thankful that at least one of the two is still alive, but I guess it was'nt meant to be. At least Red was honored on time, I'm sure the Bulls would have honored Norm sooner than latter, but who thaught what happened would happen so soon.:cry: While both are a big loss, Im still more shocked with Norm's passing since he still looked quite lively while it was obvious Kerr was having a tough time with his health. Oh well!:ohwell:

Bulls_Fan20 02-27-2009 09:48 AM

This is definitely a huge loss for the entire sporting world. I thought the ceremony for Red was great a couple of weeks ago, but he was in failing health, so this did not come as a great shock. Van Lier, on the other hand, was a huge shock. I heard about it on the radio coming home from work, and thought back to the first time I saw him - he spoke at my middle school while I was there (long time ago), and he was so passionate about doing the right thing, being a good friend...everything he stood for. I didn't know who he was before his speech, but since then he has become sort of a role model for me. Do everything as best you can with no regrets, but leave enough room in your life for all the people that matter.

Thanks for all the great memories Johnny and Norm. You guys were truly great.

Stacey King 02-27-2009 10:40 AM

Very sad time for the Bulls organization and all of their fans. Hopefully the team can be play spirited ball from here on out.

We'll miss you both, Johnny and Norm :cheers:

RIP

Moose 02-27-2009 03:53 PM

Thursday February 26th, 2009 will always be remembered as the day of the lost broadcasters.

RIP

97 bulls 02-28-2009 10:31 PM

why isnt norm van liers jersey no. 2 retired?