Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Mortal Kombat X (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343501)

Rodmantheman 06-21-2014 12:46 AM

Mortal Kombat X
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwP7KaRw-OI

Fatalites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bac1oz8o3X0

Undisputed 06-21-2014 05:40 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Mortal Kombat has always been my thing. I can't wait for this damn game. Ferra/Torr looks so badass.

zoom17 06-29-2014 06:00 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
looks nice

code green 06-29-2014 08:56 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
I've literally bought every single MK that's come out, and I've never looked forward to a release as little as I do for this one. Cassie Cage? Who the **** are these people?

BoogieWoogieMan 07-06-2014 04:55 PM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by code green
I've literally bought every single MK that's come out, and I've never looked forward to a release as little as I do for this one. Cassie Cage? Who the **** are these people?


Daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade.

Had to look that shit up though. :lol

Undisputed 07-07-2014 02:07 PM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by code green
I've literally bought every single MK that's come out, and I've never looked forward to a release as little as I do for this one. Cassie Cage? Who the **** are these people?

So you are totally content to keep playing the same exact characters for every single MK title? I am curious as to how you find this game to be less desirable than the other MK games that have come out in the past 14 years. It isn't something new for MK to have new characters on the roster. The few new characters that have been announced so far are really interesting.

It's going to be an innovative fighting game.

Undisputed 07-14-2014 05:14 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Raiden reveal: :bowdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joGAu_sqY0w

zoom17 07-15-2014 08:06 PM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed


that was epic:applause:

code green 07-17-2014 09:54 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
So you are totally content to keep playing the same exact characters for every single MK title? I am curious as to how you find this game to be less desirable than the other MK games that have come out in the past 14 years. It isn't something new for MK to have new characters on the roster. The few new characters that have been announced so far are really interesting.

It's going to be an innovative fighting game.




I was hoping for a reboot of MK4 like they alluded to at the end of MK9's story mode with Shinnok getting the dragon amulet. I guess it would be hard to do after killing off so many characters in MK9, but Mortal Kombat is the second biggest offender of bringing back dead characters after Dragon Ball lol. Maybe include some of the fighters that made their debut in MK4 like Tanya, Fujin, etc. Keep in mind that I'm saying this without knowing anything at all about the storyline for MKX.

Undisputed 07-19-2014 04:31 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by code green
I was hoping for a reboot of MK4 like they alluded to at the end of MK9's story mode with Shinnok getting the dragon amulet. I guess it would be hard to do after killing off so many characters in MK9, but Mortal Kombat is the second biggest offender of bringing back dead characters after Dragon Ball lol. Maybe include some of the fighters that made their debut in MK4 like Tanya, Fujin, etc. Keep in mind that I'm saying this without knowing anything at all about the storyline for MKX.

No idea what's going on with the story line, but MK9 pretty much changed a lot of things. I would love to see Reiko and Fujin make an appearance. To be completely honest, I am not concerned at all about the story line, more so the online/competitive side of the game. From the looks of it, it's going to be a ground breaking game. Check out more footage with Ed Boon interviews, the game looks sick, and it's not even close to release day.

Undisputed 07-19-2014 04:33 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
...you know, it has always made me sad how there is such a lack of interest in the fighting game genre from ISH gamers. :confusedshrug:

LBJFTW 07-23-2014 06:39 PM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
...you know, it has always made me sad how there is such a lack of interest in the fighting game genre from ISH gamers. :confusedshrug:


What's even more sad is that these kids never will experience real gaming.

Back in the day, when MK1-3 was out you went to the arcade, put your qtr up on the game, and when a guy lost, it was your turn. Winner stayed on.

Kids would surround the game talking real shit in real life. When you beat someone's ass you got to see who the hell you beat. You weren't playing some loser sitting in front of an LED with his gunnar gamer glasses, modded controller, talking shit on a $300 Triton headset.

Pathetic

Undisputed 10-07-2014 03:25 PM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quan Chi reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrr6uMMj-E

Goro was also announced as playable, but he is a pre-order bonus. No gameplay for Goro yet, but that Quan Chi gameplay...so sick.

code green 10-20-2014 11:14 AM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
Quan Chi reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPrr6uMMj-E

Goro was also announced as playable, but he is a pre-order bonus. No gameplay for Goro yet, but that Quan Chi gameplay...so sick.



:applause:

I'm getting slightly more and more excited as time goes on for this game. Quan Chi's been one of my favorites since MK4, both storywise and playability. I'm curious to see if they continue the story from MK9, where he controls most of the Earthrealm's fighters' souls. Would be nice to have my favorite from MK9 (Kitana) make her return.

Still holding out for a possible Shinnok inclusion too.

Undisputed 10-29-2014 01:36 PM

Re: Mortal Kombat X
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by code green
:applause:

I'm getting slightly more and more excited as time goes on for this game. Quan Chi's been one of my favorites since MK4, both storywise and playability. I'm curious to see if they continue the story from MK9, where he controls most of the Earthrealm's fighters' souls. Would be nice to have my favorite from MK9 (Kitana) make her return.

Still holding out for a possible Shinnok inclusion too.

Shinnok will be in the game, no doubt. Just a matter of time until his announcement.

Quan Chi's look in MKX reminds me so much of MK4. It's a modernized look, but you can see the influence from MK4. I would love to see Quan Chi still having the souls of Earthrealm fighters that died, that opens up the chance of seeing Liu Kang as a villain, maybe even the main villain. Could you imagine that shit? It'd be awesome.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy