Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Biracial players (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33748)

Derek 03-14-2007 10:38 PM

Biracial players
 
How many guys in the league are biracial? I was thinking about this earlier today and often wondered. Let me know if I'm forgetting any:

Shane Battier(white mother, black father)
Ira Newble(white father, black mother?)
Tony Parker(white mother, black father)
Jason Kidd(white mother, black father)
Carmelo Anthony(Dominican mother, black father)
Mike Bibby(I think his mother is Panamanian and father is mulatto)

JtotheIzzo 03-14-2007 10:43 PM

Re: Biracial players
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
How many guys in the league are biracial? I was thinking about this earlier today and often wondered. Let me know if I'm forgetting any:

Shane Battier(white mother, black father)
Ira Newble(white father, black mother?)
Tony Parker(white mother, black father)
Jason Kidd(white mother, black father)
Carmelo Anthony(Dominican mother, black father)
Mike Bibby(I think his mother is Panamanian and father is mulatto)


Bibby's father is Henry Bibby

Derek 03-14-2007 10:46 PM

Re: Biracial players
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Bibby's father is Henry Bibby



I know. He looks mixed if I'm not mistaken.

Jasper 03-14-2007 10:52 PM

Re: Biracial players
 
:wtf:

end thread

Duck Rodgers 03-14-2007 11:14 PM

Re: Biracial players
 
Are Dominicans not considered to be black?

Deron Williams(White/Black)
Kris Humpries(White/Black)

Derek 03-14-2007 11:18 PM

Re: Biracial players
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers
Are Dominicans not considered to be black?

Deron Williams(White/Black)
Kris Humpries(White/Black)



Technically. Dominicans are grouped as Hispanics, and Hispanics and African-Americans are different. Are those two confirmed? I would assume so by looking at them, but a lot of people who look biracial are really hispanic.

dab0yech0 03-15-2007 12:55 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
People think Villanueva is biracial or black but hes really fullblooded Dominican.

jerky10 03-15-2007 01:01 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
doug christie

Kobe24 03-15-2007 01:06 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
Jordan Farmar

L.Kizzle 03-15-2007 01:14 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
Gilbert Arenas (Black/Panamanian I think)

Lo1a 03-15-2007 01:16 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
Gilbert is Cuban on his father's side, his mom is black (American).

Carmelo's mom is black, his father is Puerto Rican.

Drew Gooden - black father, white mother.

wTFaMonkey 03-15-2007 01:23 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/4...831abe.jpg?v=0

lol?? :banana: :banana:

way to go tony! :cheers:

JtotheIzzo 03-15-2007 02:13 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dab0yech0
People think Villanueva is biracial or black but hes really fullblooded Dominican.



wouldn't that make him native American or some island version of such

knicks15 03-15-2007 03:37 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
wouldn't that make him native American or some island version of such


wtf?

Diesel J 03-15-2007 04:10 AM

Re: Biracial players
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
wouldn't that make him native American or some island version of such


No.Charlie is just black,he's just Dominican nationality wise..

Quote:

People think Villanueva is biracial or black but hes really fullblooded Dominican.

When will people learn that "hispanic" and "latino" are not races but a label based on linguistics?:confusedshrug:



A black person wether in latin america,the USA,West Indies or Africa is still a black person.

A Native American from peru that speaks spanish is still going to be a native american lol



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy