PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think Derrick Rose will be a BUST?

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Call me crazy, call me what you want, but I don't see this kid being as good as he is being made out to be. He's an explosive player, but alot of people are comparing him to Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

Watching his game, I see a young Stephon Marbury type player. Not saying he won't be a solid NBA performer, but no way he's going to be as good as Chris Paul.

You want a real point guard, take Jerryd Bayless. Bookmark this page. Mark my words, Jerryd Bayless will have a better rookie season than Rose, and will have a better career. Who ever gets him will be set for the next 10-15 years. Remember Chris Paul went 3 in the draft himself and look what he's turned out to be.

Anybody else think Derrick Rose will not live up to the hype?

chains5000
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM
No, it's only you

gpfanz
05-21-2008, 10:08 AM
The Memphis guy whose team lost in the NCAA finals rite? Yeah maybe :ohwell:

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 10:10 AM
No, it's only you
Bookmark it..You will see!

plowking
05-21-2008, 10:25 AM
So he's a bust now if he's not better then Chris Paul? No one said he'd be better then Paul, they simply said he's the best prospect since Paul meaning he has all the skills needed to be that type of player in the future.

DuMa
05-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I dont think he will be a BUST. but he is definitely overrated. He's not one of the best 2 players in the draft. thats just my opinion.

InfiniteBaskets
05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
With that much athleticism, barring no injuries, the worst case scenario for Rose is to turn out like Steve Francis. He's also calm and collective under pressure and his IQ is already near NBA level. Give him some time and there's more than a 75% chance he'll be an NBA all-star, at least in the East.

Duck Rodgers
05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't expect him to be a superstar, but he'll be one of the top 5 players from this class. I wouldn't want him as my teams point guard though. I would go Beasley, given the option.

bballog
05-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Deron Williams in 5 years<<<<<<<Derrick Rose in 5 Years

statman32
05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Call me crazy, call me what you want, but I don't see this kid being as good as he is being made out to be. He's an explosive player, but alot of people are comparing him to Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

Watching his game, I see a young Stephon Marbury type player. Not saying he won't be a solid NBA performer, but no way he's going to be as good as Chris Paul.

You want a real point guard, take Jerryd Bayless. Bookmark this page. Mark my words, Jerryd Bayless will have a better rookie season than Rose, and will have a better career. Who ever gets him will be set for the next 10-15 years. Remember Chris Paul went 3 in the draft himself and look what he's turned out to be.

Anybody else think Derrick Rose will be a bust?
Jerryd Bayless isnt really a "real" point guard. He has the ability to break down guys and create for others but his other point guard "skills" are raw. Dont get me wrong, Bayless is sick and I think hes the best shooter out of the bunch but Rose is the better prospect and will probably be the better player.

I would take Bayless over Gordon for sure and maybe over Mayo.

2LeTTeRS
05-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I think he's a bit overrated but he won't be a bust. He's still developing as a point guard, he's not as advanced or pure as Deron and CP3 were when they enterred the league, but they didn't come out as freshmen like he did. He's also a much better athlete then both and he's further along as a defender than either Paul or Williams (although both are good-great athletes themselves, and above average defenders). I think he'll probably dissapoint initially because of how high the expectations on him are and because people will expecct Paul and Willliams level results, but in the long run he will be a superstar.

InspiredLebowski
05-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I think EVERY NBA rookie is overrated these days. The amount of hype and exposure these kids get is ridiculous.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I think EVERY NBA rookie is overrated these days. The amount of hype and exposure these kids get is ridiculous.
I know what you mean. Sebastian Telfair got so much hype for dominating high school kids and still hasn't lived up to it. He's a solid pg, but people will always look at him as a bust because of the hype he received. It's sad! I like Rose and think he has skills, but he won't be as good as alot of "experts" have said he will be.

Sharas
05-21-2008, 10:58 AM
so not better than CP3 equals a bust?

didn't know so.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
so not better than CP3 equals a bust?

didn't know so.
Bust=Not living up to the hype given

Sebastian Telfair is a talented point guard, but he's a bust as well because he didn't live up to the hype. He was suppose to be Chris Paul before anybody knew Chris Paul if you know what I mean.

ILLEFEX
05-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Sebastian Telfair is a talented point guard, but he's a bust as well because he didn't live up to the hype. He was suppose to be Chris Paul before anybody knew Chris Paul if you know what I mean.

you're right about that.........but, is that rose's fault.......its the media!
kid just plays his game man.......rose is not even 1st team all america and lots of media is saying he could be number 1...........he just does his thing.......i don't think he's asking to be treated like this, just that everyone else makes him out to be............

Sharas
05-21-2008, 11:15 AM

so he has to be better than CP in order to live up to hype?

don't think so. CP has set the bar incredibly high this season.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 11:17 AM
so he has to be better than CP in order to live up to hype?

don't think so. CP has set the bar incredibly high this season.
No he doesn't have to be as good as CP, but Paul has personified what a point guard should be and with all the comparisons Rose is getting to Paul/Williams I think he will fail. Like I said he will be a good player, but just not as good as these two point guard wise.

ILLEFEX
05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
hey man, i understand that cp and deron has set the bar........but, you never really know what car happen........we all nkow that those guys are really good.......but, it doesn't mean that rose might not be as good.........he might not be better, but he might be good than what some might say........

did the clippers knew olowakandi would suck like sh!t?

i don't think so or else he would never go number 1 then...........

InspiredLebowski
05-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Why do so many people on ISH typle like this..........I mean how hard is it to use a period and two spaces.......It's extremely annoying......please stop.............................................. ........

vert48
05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Why do so many people on ISH typle like this..........I mean how hard is it to use a period and two spaces.......It's extremely annoying......please stop.............................................. ........FYI - Two spaces after a period was for typewriters. Style manuals now tell you to use one space.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 11:47 AM
hey man, i understand that cp and deron has set the bar........but, you never really know what car happen........we all nkow that those guys are really good.......but, it doesn't mean that rose might not be as good.........he might not be better, but he might be good than what some might say........

did the clippers knew olowakandi would suck like sh!t?

i don't think so or else he would never go number 1 then...........
Being drafted at #1 means you will be a franchise changing player. When I look at this kid, I see TJ Ford with better playmaking skills although he does remind me of a young Marbury. He will be a special player, but his whole career will be based on potential which I doubt he will ever live up to.

artificial
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Jerryd Bayless definitely isn't a full time point guard. He's a combo guard, and more of a 2/1 rather than a 1/2. I think he is a great prospect, reminds me a lot of Monta Ellis -with a worst case scenario a today's Randy Foye-. Depending on which team is picking, I'd consider taking him ahead of any guard not named Rose.

OliverThizz
05-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Ok, you are obviously a homer and are trying to big up Bayless, but theres no point in saying Rose will be a bust when he obviously has the tools to become a solid PG in the NBA. Anyways, if you are going to be a homer then you should be mentioning Brandon Jennings cause hes gonna be better than any of the pg's in this draft or the next. In fact, Jennings is the one who will be a top 3 PG in the next 5 years. Bookmark THAT!

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Ok, you are obviously a homer and are trying to big up Bayless, but theres no point in saying Rose will be a bust when he obviously has the tools to become a solid PG in the NBA. Anyways, if you are going to be a homer then you should be mentioning Brandon Jennings cause hes gonna be better than any of the pg's in this draft or the next. In fact, Jennings is the one who will be a top 3 PG in the next 5 years. Bookmark THAT!
:roll: You call me a homer and then you make a homer statement. Get the fck out of here with that.

Sharas
05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
thing is, you present no single argument for rose being a bust other than your personal gut feeling. that's some lousy posting right there.

Kblaze8855
05-21-2008, 12:13 PM

Odd thing is before the draft most people saying Paul was overrated said hed be a stats having loser like Marbury. If you go to the old ezboard ISH and look in the draft or college forums from years ago a lot of people had Felton as a better NBA point.

Interminator
05-21-2008, 12:14 PM

No he wasn't,anybody with a brain knew he wasn't going to immediately do anything coming into the NBA from high school,let alone a public high school.He was an incomplete PG even then so you knew he would struggle,coming out of that class most people would say Kyle Lowry was the most complete PG.A High School PG coming into the NBA is like an 8th grader going directly to college,because you're missing those crucial years that shape you as a player.

Telfair's definetly not a bust it'll be another 2 years before you see starter caliber production from him.

statman32
05-21-2008, 12:16 PM
:roll: You call me a homer and then you make a homer statement. Get the fck out of here with that.
Eh imo Jennings will end up being a better point guard than Bayless. Jennings and Rose is closer than Rose and Bayless.

Interminator
05-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I think Derrick Rose has the potential to become the next Gary Payton,it depends on the system and the talent around him to determine if he will reach his potential.

He could just as easily be the next Antonio Daniels,but due to the hype around him already being the next Antonio Daniels would classify him as a Bust.

Am I the only one who notices the similarities between Antonio Daniels' game,and Derrick Rose's game.
I'll give Rose the edge in that hes faster and is younger than Daniels when he entered the NBA.

Interminator
05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Eh imo Jennings will end up being a better point guard than Bayless. Jennings and Rose is closer than Rose and Bayless.
Brandon Jennings=The Next Allen Iverson.

*Waits For Statman's Response*

veilside23
05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
^^ u maybe right on this one Interminator... rose needs to work on his shooting.. to live up to the hype that he is getting...

Dasher
05-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I do. From a very old thread:

I am starting to think people on this board have not watched Derrick Rose play this year. He is not a pure point, he was not one in high school ,and the system he plays in college does not call for any pure pointguarding as every one on the floor not named Joey Dorsey is charged with penetrating and kicking. He is not responsible for controlling tempo CDR is. I have watched games where I have forgotten he was on the floor; a dominant player should always be accounted for. He is not the defender that Mayo is or the shotmaker that Bayless is. As a person who lives in CUSA country I have seen the majority of Memphis's games. Beasley is effective even though he plays in a dysfunctional offense and everyone knows the ball is coming to him. He is keyed on and he gets the job done. He needs to tighten up his footwork because it diminishes his athletic advantage.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
thing is, you present no single argument for rose being a bust other than your personal gut feeling. that's some lousy posting right there.
Common sense should tell you. I mean the guy didnt even play pg in hs. He has D-Wade scoring skills, but his point guard skills are overrated.

InfiniteBaskets
05-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Common sense should tell you. I mean the guy didnt even play pg in hs. He has D-Wade scoring skills, but his point guard skills are overrated.

We don't need Rose to have outstanding court vision like Kidd or Nash. We just need an athletic freak who'll push the tempo with Wade and Marion at the PG. Another penetrator kick out with Wade. When Wade is out of the game, nobody penetrates, or has that ability I should say. Especially not Ricky Davis who happens to think he can. Thus, Rose is perfect with us.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 01:31 PM
We don't need Rose to have outstanding court vision like Kidd or Nash. We just need an athletic freak who'll push the tempo with Wade and Marion at the PG. Another penetrator kick out with Wade. When Wade is out of the game, nobody penetrates, or has that ability I should say. Especially not Ricky Davis who happens to think he can. Thus, Rose is perfect with us.
Sorry bro. No way Chicago passes up on the home town kid. Rose is going to Chicago!

Sharas
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM

no sorry that isn't common sense. that's your opinion purely. which you are trying to pass up as fact. and aren't we seeing a $hitload of very successful combo guards right about now, wade being the prime example?

mrhoopfan
05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Imo,in 5 years Brook Lopez will be the best out of this nice draft class!!!!!!!!!!!! Wolves have to take him at 3 and have their front court set for the next 8 years with he and Big Al

InfiniteBaskets
05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Sorry bro. No way Chicago passes up on the home town kid. Rose is going to Chicago!

You don't know what a GM could be thinking. They don't all pick players just to make their fans happy. He'll probably try to trade Hinrich and if that doesn't work out then there's a good chance he'll take Beasley.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 01:41 PM
no sorry that isn't common sense. that's your opinion purely. which you are trying to pass up as fact. and aren't we seeing a $hitload of very successful combo guards right about now, wade being the prime example?
That doesn't mean any thing. He is being listed as a point guard. Chicago has Hinrich on the trade block planning to make this guy there point guard which I think is ridiculous. If he's anything, he's a sg.

Sharas
05-21-2008, 01:47 PM
That doesn't mean any thing. He is being listed as a point guard. Chicago has Hinrich on the trade block planning to make this guy there point guard which I think is ridiculous. If he's anything, he's a sg.

exactly, it doesn't mean a thing:rolleyes:

so where does that fit into your "rose is a bust" OP? three pages, and you yet have to give us a single argument:confusedshrug:

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 01:50 PM
exactly, it doesn't mean a thing:rolleyes:

so where does that fit into your "rose is a bust" OP? three pages, and you yet have to give us a single argument:confusedshrug:
Dude I'm saying the guy is suppose to be the next super point guard. People are saying he is a leader comparing him to kidd, paul, and D. Will when the guy really isn't a point guard at all. He maybe a good player, but not the superstar everyone has him made out to be. Happy now? If not, who gives a sh*t

mrhoopfan
05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Will Rose be a bust?? Most likely not. But I gotta say that Jay Williams was awfully good in college and he had a very inconsistent rookie year....I'm rooing for D rose however, would be a better fit with the Heat. If he starts in Chicago then Gordon has to start too over Hughes for some 3 point shooting.

mrhoopfan
05-21-2008, 01:54 PM

I don't agree, when you look at Rose, think a bigger Tony Parker. Tony parker is a pg too although he doesn't average a ton of assists. Rose pushes the ball and has good leadership skills for a young guy

JoHnShOeZ1492
05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
this rose cat reminds me of a dajuan wagner type player, good all around point guard with good size and good drive who became a bust quickly because of the transition of freshman basketball to the nba, so yes I do.

GOBB
05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
A Bayless fan saying Rose will be a bust. This is like a Deron Williams fan saying Chris Paul is overrated. Get out of here with this crap. Everything that Rose is slammed on, please tell me how Bayless escapes the same bashing. He has shown no PG skills. And outside of shooting where he has an edge over Rose...what else does he do better than Rose? Stop the madness.

Bulls_Fan20
05-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Did anyone watch the NCAA tournament? Rose took over that Memphis team and got them to the championship game. He was their best player, made the difficult plays, and held the team together much better than anyone could have thought. Sure he needs to work on his long-range jumpshot, but his leadership and athleticism are too great to not take him at least in the top 2.

Fresh-2-Def
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
A Bayless fan saying Rose will be a bust. This is like a Deron Williams fan saying Chris Paul is overrated. Get out of here with this crap. Everything that Rose is slammed on, please tell me how Bayless escapes the same bashing. He has shown no PG skills. And outside of shooting where he has an edge over Rose...what else does he do better than Rose? Stop the madness.
What else can he do better? If he does nothing better than Rose and Rose does nothing better than him, what makes Rose so much better??? You just made yourself look like an idiot.

What makes Rose a better point guard? Both averaged 4 assists per game. Bayless has the ability to take over a game unlike mr rose. So how is his pg skills really that much better huh?

canadianballer
05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
nope, your on your own on this one

bdreason
05-21-2008, 04:14 PM
He won't live up to the hype of a #1 pick.

I think he should be the 5th pick behind Beasely, Bayless, Love, and Mayo.

bdreason
05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
And DJ Augustine is more of a pure PG than Rose, and will have a better career in that role.

brandonislegend
05-21-2008, 04:19 PM
derrick rose just has the game that comes every once in a while, hes one of the quickest players ive ever seen

Mr_Basketball#1
05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
derrick rose just has the game that comes every once in a while, hes one of the quickest players ive ever seen
Bayless is just as quick

canadianballer
05-21-2008, 04:29 PM
love top 5? :roll: :roll:

GOBB
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
What else can he do better? If he does nothing better than Rose and Rose does nothing better than him, what makes Rose so much better??? You just made yourself look like an idiot.

What makes Rose a better point guard? Both averaged 4 assists per game. Bayless has the ability to take over a game unlike mr rose. So how is his pg skills really that much better huh?

Rose didnt play in a system where he had the ball in his hands the majority of the time. So his assist avg is skewed. Now you can question regardless is he capable of running a team? But he has shown/displayed court awareness, vision and how to run a team (when he controlled the ball). He showed leadership. So yeah post his assist per game avg and fail to realize in Memphis system? They use of a "PG" really wasnt needed since CDR also handled the rock just as much. Its a kamikaze style of player Memphis ran with Caliapari. You wont be able to gauge much from "stats". Guys can pump up numbers and someone can assume he will make a good transition in the NBA. Nope. Rodney Carney was a monster in Memphis. NBA? He got exposed because he got away in Memphis just off his pure athletic ability.

Derrick Rose is stronger than Bayless which allows him to absorb contact when penetrating defenders, driving/attacking the rim (which he is also better at). His athletic ability is much better than Bayless is. Upside is why Rose is considered a better pro prospect. In the tourney he really showed his ass and put on a show scoring, rebounding, dishing and defending. He has the ability to be a very good defensive player in the NBA and not just for playing the passing lanes. But on ball defense. His jumper will develop. He's not Rajon Rondo coming out of college...but if you want to take away Rose offense? Force him to shoot. Hit or miss there, but if, no WHEN he works on that? I dont know how you will stop him.

You look like the idiot now. Your turn

Mr_Basketball#1
05-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Rose didnt play in a system where he had the ball in his hands the majority of the time. So his assist avg is skewed. Now you can question regardless is he capable of running a team? But he has shown/displayed court awareness, vision and how to run a team (when he controlled the ball). He showed leadership. So yeah post his assist per game avg and fail to realize in Memphis system? They use of a "PG" really wasnt needed since CDR also handled the rock just as much. Its a kamikaze style of player Memphis ran with Caliapari. You wont be able to gauge much from "stats". Guys can pump up numbers and someone can assume he will make a good transition in the NBA. Nope. Rodney Carney was a monster in Memphis. NBA? He got exposed because he got away in Memphis just off his pure athletic ability.

Derrick Rose is stronger than Bayless which allows him to absorb contact when penetrating defenders, driving/attacking the rim (which he is also better at). His athletic ability is much better than Bayless is. Upside is why Rose is considered a better pro prospect. In the tourney he really showed his ass and put on a show scoring, rebounding, dishing and defending. He has the ability to be a very good defensive player in the NBA and not just for playing the passing lanes. But on ball defense. His jumper will develop. He's not Rajon Rondo coming out of college...but if you want to take away Rose offense? Force him to shoot. Hit or miss there, but if, no WHEN he works on that? I dont know how you will stop him.

That could be exactly why the guy think Rose will be a bust. Prime example!

GOBB
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
love top 5? :roll: :roll:

Word. Kevin Love is not a top 5 pick. I slam Brook Lopez and for good reason but Lopez has a much much better argument for top 5 than Kevin Love.

Jailblazers7
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM

Not really, Carney and Rose are at different skill levels coming out of college.

GOBB
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM

Nope, because Rose is of a different breed. Rodney Carney cant create his own shot, he has subpar handles. He's not consistent shooting the rock. He's not that good moving without the ball. He can be overpowered physically. His bball IQ isnt low but isnt high where he can compensate for his shortcomings.

I mean I gave him props this year, he was hitting shots from downtown and played solid defense. But midrange game needs work and the things I mentioned? Still exist. Tell me what Derrick Rose lacks, needs work on that will get exposed in the NBA like Carney is. You'll pick your brain until it oozes out your ears.

I understand what you are saying. If this was about CDR? Dozier? Ok. Shawne Williams who went to the Pacers? Ok. Not Rose. Mofo should be at Illinois and we arent discussing him getting exposed as a system player. He's not.

SRZ66
05-21-2008, 05:01 PM

stop drinking the water down in mexico errr i mean tucson. its poisoning your feeble brain

206kid
05-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Derrick Rose will be better then Chris Paul

Mr_Basketball#1
05-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Nope, because Rose is of a different breed. Rodney Carney cant create his own shot, he has subpar handles. He's not consistent shooting the rock. He's not that good moving without the ball. He can be overpowered physically. His bball IQ isnt low but isnt high where he can compensate for his shortcomings.

I mean I gave him props this year, he was hitting shots from downtown and played solid defense. But midrange game needs work and the things I mentioned? Still exist. Tell me what Derrick Rose lacks, needs work on that will get exposed in the NBA like Carney is. You'll pick your brain until it oozes out your ears.

I understand what you are saying. If this was about CDR? Dozier? Ok. Shawne Williams who went to the Pacers? Ok. Not Rose. Mofo should be at Illinois and we arent discussing him getting exposed as a system player. He's not.
To be honest, I never really watched Memphis much up until this year. Last time I really watched them religiously was when Antonio Burks was the star of the team. I always thought he would be a good NBA player. Any idea on where he is now?

Efunk7
05-21-2008, 06:01 PM

sorry, GOBB, but they are equals in regards to what i bolded...bayless imo may actually be better at attacking the rim when he so chooses, and got to the line alot more than rose...rose is better at attacking on the break...

danumber88
05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Bad comparisons.. D-will??

Derrick Rose will most likely be Baron Davis with better basketball IQ...

He wont be a bust.. :cheers:

GOBB
05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
sorry, GOBB, but they are equals in regards to what i bolded...bayless imo may actually be better at attacking the rim when he so chooses, and got to the line alot more than rose...rose is better at attacking on the break...

Ok I can live with that.

Lebron23
11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Bookmark it..You will see!

Rose is the best and most talented rookie in his draft class.

Smokee
11-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I used to have some doubts but he's really been stepping it up lately and coming into his own. He was way more shaky with finishing and mid range early in the season, lately he's been consistent. He's at least looking like he deserves to be go to when the games on the line now. The Bulls need to focus on building around Gooden and Rose imo. Rest are expendable.

TMac&Luther
11-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I'll be the first to admit I was COMPLETELY WRONG about Derick Rose....I didn't think he had much of a jumpshot and just though he'd be another one of those athetic guards with no real J......the kid if for real and I'm so glad he's playing out East (thank god), the West already has their fill of badass point/sg guards.

Mr_Basketball#1
11-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo are on a whole nother level right now. I remember people saying Beasley would be the most NBA ready.

CelticForce1349
11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
I used to have some doubts but he's really been stepping it up lately and coming into his own. He was way more shaky with finishing and mid range early in the season, lately he's been consistent. He's at least looking like he deserves to be go to when the games on the line now. The Bulls need to focus on building around Gooden and Rose imo. Rest are expendable.

lol. He was more shaky finishing early in the season? If this is the 14th game are you referring to games one through three? Pre-season? lol.

I will say this though, the kid gets a little better each and every game. He is just incredible to watch.

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2008, 02:50 AM

We know Rose will be an all-star player but come on, this is beyond absurd.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JPR
11-25-2008, 02:52 AM
absurd? you obviously have not seen much of Derrick Rose. Paul is a midget who is slow compared to Derrick Rose who is even more humble than he is great. That's why he will be better than Bron who will never be anything unless he goes to New York City.

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2008, 02:54 AM
absurd? you obviously have not seen much of Derrick Rose. Paul is a midget who is slow compared to Derrick Rose who is even more humble than he is great. That's why he will be better than Bron who will never be anything unless he goes to New York City.

Explain.

JPR
11-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Once he goes to New York City he will actually be something. Not only will he be enabled to win a ring for once (in cleveland he doesn't have the supporting cast, coaching, etc. but they remain there because the team still has Bron). let's just say that it will be in the best interest of the league to have Bron in NY and to have the Knicks on top. Besides, the NBA is more fun when teams like the bulls and knicks are in the playoffs.

1776 = post count...PREACH!

Showtime
11-25-2008, 03:18 AM
at checkers.

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Once he goes to New York City he will actually be something. Not only will he be enabled to win a ring for once (in cleveland he doesn't have the supporting cast, coaching, etc. but they remain there because the team still has Bron). let's just say that it will be in the best interest of the league to have Bron in NY and to have the Knicks on top. Besides, the NBA is more fun when teams like the bulls and knicks are in the playoffs.

1776 = post count...PREACH!

The Knicks? The team that won't win a title in this century even with prime Jordan, are you f*cking kidding me? I don't think it's impossible but I doubt whether LBJ would really love to give up the chance for winning championships and join a team like the Knicks.

mattreis62
11-25-2008, 03:28 AM

Wow, the OP looks pretty stupid and then this guy comes along. Pure gold. I don't even know where to start with this post.

JPR
11-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Wow, the OP looks pretty stupid and then this guy comes along. Pure gold. I don't even know where to start with this post.

well, don't then bizzznitch. :violin:

JPR
11-25-2008, 03:31 AM
I'm not saying Derrick Rose will be a bust and he's actually already playing at all-star level. But come on, comparing Derrick Rose to CP3 right now is like compare any all-star SGs to MJ, which is retarded and disgusting.

comparing paul to mj...put down the rocks! if you want, i'll roll into Harvey or Chicago Heights right now and hook you up 5 for 4 but get outta here with that wack ish.

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2008, 03:32 AM

comparing paul to mj...put down the rocks! if you want, i'll roll into Harvey or Chicago Heights right now and hook you up 5 for 4 but get outta here with that wack ish.

I never ever said Derrick Rose would be a bust and he's actually already playing at all-star level. But come on, comparing Derrick Rose to CP3 right now is like compare any all-star SGs to MJ, which is retarded and disgusting.

CP3 is the PG version of MJ...

mattreis62
11-25-2008, 03:34 AM
well, don't then bizzznitch. :violin:

Jesus, you're even dumber than your other post would have lead me to believe. I'm just going to stop responding so you have a chance of not making an even bigger ass of yourself.

mattreis62
11-25-2008, 03:35 AM
I never ever said Derrick Rose would be a bust and he's actually already playing at all-star level. But come on, comparing Derrick Rose to CP3 right now is like compare any all-star SGs to MJ, which is retarded and disgusting.

Uh, what? Why are you quoting me, I wasn't talking to you.

Dengness9
11-25-2008, 04:10 AM
I dont compare Rose to Paul.

For anyone else who has watched every minute logged by Derrick in his NBA career...

if your gonna compare him to anybody, it should be DWade. They have a lot of differences too, but the similarities are there.

Rose is truly unreal, rookie averages that so far compare to only superstars rookie seasons.

D-Rose & D Wade Chicago 2010-2011

Kiddlovesnets
11-25-2008, 04:39 AM
Uh, what? Why are you quoting me, I wasn't talking to you.

Sorry, I'm using your quote to argue with JPR, who is definitely a moron trying to compare Rose and CP3...
:pimp:

kNIOKAS
11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
yup when you think of him you have to have steve francis and stephon in mind (or maybe even telfair, on lesser account).
anyway even in worst scenario i don't think he'll be a BUST... he may progress slower, but i don't see him becoming a bust.

NugzFan
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM

im sure others have said this so far but...

:oldlol:

lilojmayo
11-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo are on a whole nother level right now. I remember people saying Beasley would be the most NBA ready.

:rockon:

lilojmayo
11-25-2008, 08:51 PM

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator5291518.jpg

Allstar24
11-26-2008, 10:57 AM
The person who started this thread is a Bayless fan...it all adds up :oldlol:

Interminator
11-26-2008, 10:58 AM
im sure others have said this so far but...

:oldlol:
If Jerryd Bayless had fell one pick lower to Sacramento at #12 they would have Bayless starting at PG and would've allowed Beno to head to LAC via Free Agency.

Who would've thought Bayless would end up in Portland before the Draft?
I thought he was going to Seattle at #4 for almost the entire season,I think everyone did.

T-Low
11-26-2008, 11:03 AM
If Jerryd Bayless had fell one pick lower to Sacramento at #12 they would have Bayless starting at PG and would've allowed Beno to head to LAC via Free Agency.

Who would've thought Bayless would end up in Portland before the Draft?
I thought he was going to Seattle at #4 for almost the entire season,I think everyone did.

I think they still woulda kept Beno...

Interminator
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I think they still woulda kept Beno...
Yeah.

Either way Bayless does have game already and has a lot of potential if he can develop into a true PG and he proved it in summer league.

He's just not going to find minutes in Portland because Rudy,Roy,and Blake are just better options than he is currently.

Anyways I think he's trade bait for Portland if they're looking to upgrade at the 3.

dnyk1337
11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
The Knicks? The team that won't win a title in this century even with prime Jordan, are you f*cking kidding me? I don't think it's impossible but I doubt whether LBJ would really love to give up the chance for winning championships and join a team like the Knicks.

Are you serious? Knicks are better and will always be better than the Nets. Don't confuse some winning seasons with JKidd as being a good team. You got raped in the Finals twice in a row.

Knicks will win the championship in 2012, before the world ends.

And Rose will be special. I wouldn't be surprised if he did pass Chris Paul.

SmushParker
11-26-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm tired of all this talk about Rose being a top class PG, only 1 PG is the best in the league and that's me, Smush Parker

Mr_Basketball#1
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm tired of all this talk about Rose being a top class PG, only 1 PG is the best in the league and that's me, Smush Parker
Dude you're not even in the league. Couldn't even make the Denver Nuggets. Have fun in the D-League.

jdavi79
11-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Have you watched Rose's games this season? The kid has lots of talent. I could see him being a Marbury type and letting this get to his head but he's easily going to have a better rookie season than Bayless.

2LeTTeRS
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
I think he's a bit overrated but he won't be a bust. He's still developing as a point guard, he's not as advanced or pure as Deron and CP3 were when they enterred the league, but they didn't come out as freshmen like he did. He's also a much better athlete then both and he's further along as a defender than either Paul or Williams (although both are good-great athletes themselves, and above average defenders). I think he'll probably dissapoint initially because of how high the expectations on him are and because people will expecct Paul and Willliams level results, but in the long run he will be a superstar.

I said the guy would be a superstar, and I still underrated him. Thats amazing, Rose has has shown more PG skills than I thought he had, and his athleticism is top notch. If he keeps improving his J he could give Deron and Paul a run for their money in a few years.

Interminator
11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Have you watched Rose's games this season? The kid has lots of talent. I could see him being a Marbury type and letting this get to his head but he's easily going to have a better rookie season than Bayless.
Impossible.

Rose isn't that type of person or player,the main problem with Rose is that he hasn't shown traits of leadership by getting on his teammates or being vocal at all on the court.

Among PG's I've never seen a guy less vocal than Rose,even Chris Paul gets on his teammates and has solidified himself as the leader of the Hornets.:confusedshrug:

Zan Tabak
11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I said the guy would be a superstar, and I still underrated him. Thats amazing, Rose has has shown more PG skills than I thought he had, and his athleticism is top notch. If he keeps improving his J he could give Deron and Paul a run for their money in a few years.
Agreed...Rose is good! And will be good/great for many years to come. He has the skill set and the Basketball IQ to be dominant in this league.

Now if only the other Bulls could hit their shots, he'd be averaging at least 2 more assists a game.

Beatlezz
01-18-2012, 07:01 PM

:applause:

And DJ Augustine is more of a pure PG than Rose, and will have a better career in that role.

this rose cat reminds me of a dajuan wagner type player, good all around point guard with good size and good drive who became a bust quickly because of the transition of freshman basketball to the nba, so yes I do.

Mr. Jabbar
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Omg, so much fail for just 1 thread, I don't know what to say...

Rnbizzle
01-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Posts about Bayless are pure gold. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dude is such a terrible chucker it's just painful to watch..

Darth Vader
01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
The fail is strong with this one

MooseJuiceBowen
01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Posts about Bayless are pure gold. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dude is such a terrible chucker it's just painful to watch..

hahaha bayless :roll: :roll:

nathanjizzle
01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Call me crazy, call me what you want, but I don't see this kid being as good as he is being made out to be.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9390/youdontsaybrowneggvswhi.jpg

1rkrage
01-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Rose is the best and most talented rookie in his draft class.
I knew it. :applause:

Clocian-IGN
01-18-2012, 07:26 PM
WOW :roll:

Clocian-IGN
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I dont think he will be a BUST. but he is definitely overrated. He's not one of the best 2 players in the draft. thats just my opinion.

:no:

the even bigger black guy
01-18-2012, 07:28 PM

LOLOLOLOL

G-train
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
To be honest Bayless is the real fail here, not these posters.

Pointguard
01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Are Duma and Badreason, of those that got it wrong, the only two that still post here.

pete's montreux
01-18-2012, 08:18 PM
No he wasn't,anybody with a brain knew he wasn't going to immediately do anything coming into the NBA from high school,let alone a public high school.He was an incomplete PG even then so you knew he would struggle,coming out of that class most people would say Kyle Lowry was the most complete PG.A High School PG coming into the NBA is like an 8th grader going directly to college,because you're missing those crucial years that shape you as a player.

Telfair's definetly not a bust it'll be another 2 years before you see starter caliber production from him.

Jesus CHRIST. Worst talent evaluator in the world, bar none.

Glide2keva
01-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Epic bump. So much fail in this thread.

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
The 08 draft really looked much better on paper than it did on the court overall.

Just look at guys like Beasley and Oj

Bladers
01-18-2012, 08:36 PM
DuMa is an idiot, why is everyone so surprised?

Droid101
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know, the OP wasn't so bad. Technically, he is pretty much exactly Stephon Marbury at this point in both of their careers.

Clocian-IGN
01-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't know, the OP wasn't so bad. Technically, he is pretty much exactly Stephon Marbury at this point in both of their careers.

:facepalm

Droid101
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
:facepalm
Rose this season:
20.8 points, 8.7 assists, 3.5 boards, 0.9 steals 44/31/88% shooting in 37 minutes.

Marbury fourth season:
22.2 points, 8.4 assists, 3.2 boards, 1.5 steals 43/28/81% shooting in 39 minutes.

:confusedshrug:

demons2005
01-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Rose this season:
20.8 points, 8.7 assists, 3.5 boards, 0.9 steals 44/31/88% shooting in 37 minutes.

Marbury fourth season:
22.2 points, 8.4 assists, 3.2 boards, 1.5 steals 43/28/81% shooting in 39 minutes.

:confusedshrug:get out of here. seriously

did you forget the part of Marbury not winning a thing with prime KG as his teammate and Rose taking a team of nobodies to the highest record for two years in a row (assuming they keep playing like they were when he wasn't injured this year)

Andrei89
01-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Not really a fial thread.

Some guys had some obvious evaluations.

They couldnt have possibly forseen Rose taking the leader role and improving his game in other aspects.

I love it how everybody laughs now at this thread because Rose is MVP. Yet 4 years ago they probably had the same opinion as the OP

GTFO ISH scumbags:lol

Andrei89
01-18-2012, 08:53 PM
get out of here. seriously

did you forget the part of Marbury not winning a thing with prime KG as his teammate and Rose taking a team of nobodies to the highest record for two years in a row (assuming they keep playing like they were when he wasn't injured this year)

Wow I didn't realise 20 % of a season counts as a year!!:eek: :eek:

stupid c*unt

Derka
01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Is this supposed to be funny or clever or something? I say this as someone who thinks D Rose is out of this world levels of good...Bumping this thread was a pretty douchebag thing to do.

Andrei89
01-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Is this supposed to be funny or clever or something? I say this as someone who thinks D Rose is out of this world levels of good...Bumping this thread was a pretty douchebag thing to do.

Yeah. People act like they are experts now.

They probably thought D-Rose would be a bust aswell. Now that he plays as the MVP, they bump the thread to pretend they knew it all along.

So many GM's here brah

swi7ch
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Definitely. I think he'll be lucky to play as a backup.

LosBulls
01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

FreezingTsmoove
05-22-2013, 12:15 PM
And this is why everyone should stfu about Nerlens

HoopsFanNumero1
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
It's a shame that Rose decided to retire at such an early age.

dh144498
05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
dang.. huge bust. Too mentally weak to play at a professional level. Anyone could have seen this coming after he choked those freethrows at the NCAA game.

NumberSix
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Rose will be just another Marbury.