PDA

View Full Version : My ranking of Nas's discography

blasian
02-23-2008, 05:38 PM
1. Illmatic-Greatest rap album of all time. Pretty much perfect.

2. The Lost Tapes-Extremely underrated. There's not one bad song on here. Poppa Was A Player and Doo Rags rank amongst Nas's best work.

3. It Was Written-Many fans think that Nas sold out with this album but I think this album is excellent. Nas ran with the mafioso theme and crafted a very dark and cinematic album. Take off Black Girl Lost and Nas is Coming and you have a classic. I Gave You Power is as good as anything on Illmatic.

4. Stillmatic-Nas's comeback album. Very good but slightly overrated by many fans. Some even claim this is better than Illmatic which I don't agree with at all. A mixture of great songs(Ether, One Mic, Second Childhood) and mediocre ones(Smokin, You're Da Man, The Flyest)

5. God's Son-Lyrically, this might be Nas's best album besides Illmatic. The problem isnt Nas, its the lackluster production.

6. Street's Disciple-Similar to God's Son. Great lyrics, mediocre production. Also, as a double album it has too much filler.

7. Hip Hop Is Dead-Very good production but for the most part, mediocre lyrics from Nas who doesn't follow through on the great album concept.

8. I Am-Bland production, lazy lyrics. Only great song on here is Nas is Like.

9. Nastradamus-Not very good, but not as bad as its reputation would have you believe.

Richie2k6
02-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd bump I Am up a bit. But yeah, Nastradamus is undoubtably the worst IMO.

imjustlikemusiq
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
It Was Written is a classic joint.

hito da god
02-23-2008, 08:38 PM
80% of nas verses are the same :rolleyes:

blasian
02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
80% of nas verses are the same :rolleyes:

Explain...Nas is one of the most versatile emcees out there when it comes to subject matter.

v-unit
10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
blasian=me on the other side of the mirror.

back to the thread though. I Am is wayyy better then some would have you think. I rank it higher then HipHop Is Dead and Street's Disciple. And Lost Tapes isn't an album, he recorded those over the years its kind of like a "Best of unreleased material" album that artists like Jay, Em, etc would kill as well.

LOL @ YOU SAYING NAS IS LIKE IS THE ONLY GOOD SONG ON I AM. Seriously wtf, hop off Illmatic or something. Not to try to sound snobbish or whatever but you are too into certain albums that you fail to see other art.

NY State Of Mind II
Hate Me Now (TOUGHHH SONG)
Small World
Favor for a Favor
Life Is What You Make It
Nas Is Like
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Money Is My *****
Undying Love

Thats 9 hot tracks, the same ammount of tracks on Illmatic.

phoenix18
10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I think Hip Hop is Dead and Untitled are classics. EDIT: This was before untitled, okay. You need update that bro.

johndeeregreen
10-07-2009, 04:13 PM
3. It Was Written-Many fans think that Nas sold out with this album but I think this album is excellent. Nas ran with the mafioso theme and crafted a very dark and cinematic album. Take off Black Girl Lost and Nas is Coming and you have a classic. I Gave You Power is as good as anything on Illmatic.
I don't know anything about what you're talking about here, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3Ks0FGxYM > pretty much any rap song ever.

halffttime
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM

back to the thread though. I Am is wayyy better then some would have you think. I rank it higher then HipHop Is Dead and Street's Disciple. And Lost Tapes isn't an album, he recorded those over the years its kind of like a "Best of unreleased material" album that artists like Jay, Em, etc would kill as well.

LOL @ YOU SAYING NAS IS LIKE IS THE ONLY GOOD SONG ON I AM. Seriously wtf, hop off Illmatic or something. Not to try to sound snobbish or whatever but you are too into certain albums that you fail to see other art.

NY State Of Mind II
Small World
Favor for a Favor
Life Is What You Make It
Nas Is Like
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Money Is My *****
Undying Love

hate me now sounds good, but it isn't. undying love is decent.. the rest sucks..

dawsey6
10-07-2009, 05:35 PM

NY State Of Mind II
Small World
Favor for a Favor
Life Is What You Make It
Nas Is Like
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Money Is My *****
Undying Love

He said great, not just good. Besides throwing Hate Me Now in there, he has a point.

Lamar Doom
10-07-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3Ks0FGxYM > pretty much any rap song ever.

that's my favorite Nas track, bar none.

Meticode
10-07-2009, 05:51 PM
1. Illmatic-Greatest rap album of all time. Pretty much perfect.

2. The Lost Tapes-Extremely underrated. There's not one bad song on here. Poppa Was A Player and Doo Rags rank amongst Nas's best work.

4. Stillmatic-Nas's comeback album. Very good but slightly overrated by many fans. Some even claim this is better than Illmatic which I don't agree with at all. A mixture of great songs(Ether, One Mic, Second Childhood) and mediocre ones(Smokin, You're Da Man, The Flyest)

5. God's Son-Lyrically, this might be Nas's best album besides Illmatic. The problem isnt Nas, its the lackluster production.

6. Street's Disciple-Similar to God's Son. Great lyrics, mediocre production. Also, as a double album it has too much filler.

7. Hip Hop Is Dead-Very good production but for the most part, mediocre lyrics from Nas who doesn't follow through on the great album concept.

8. I Am-Bland production, lazy lyrics. Only great song on here is Nas is Like.

9. Nastradamus-Not very good, but not as bad as its reputation would have you believe.

I noticed you didn't include Nas' last Untitled album...don't care for it at all? My list...

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic
Street's Disciple
God's Son
Untitled
Hip Hop Is Dead
The Lost Tapes
I Am...
Nastradamus

Lamar Doom
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I noticed you didn't include Nas' last Untitled album...don't care for it at all?

you didn't notice the thread is from febuary 08.

MarloStanfield
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
you didn't notice my **** pumping in your a$$ after that big ol bong hit you took last night either.

Meticode
10-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Damn overlooked that. I just looked at the last post before mine. :hammerhead:

Knicks101
10-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Nastradamus really is as bad as people say it is. It's terrible, he used a Christmas Carol as a sample for God's sake.

blasian
10-07-2009, 07:48 PM

when did I say this? Great doesn't equal good.

NY State Of Mind II-starts out great, but by the end he's just rambling, original is much better
Hate Me Now (TOUGHHH SONG)-meh, never liked this track, but i can see why others think its hot. to me its too over the top
Small World-good
Favor for a Favor-good
Life Is What You Make It-good
Nas Is Like-classic
K-I-S-S-I-N-G-:oldlol: one of the worst Nas songs ever
Money Is My *****-lol, this song sucks
Undying Love-lyrics/storytelling are great, beat is meh

only song you listed ****ing with Illmatic's material is Nas is Like imo.

blasian
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I think Hip Hop is Dead and Untitled are classics. EDIT: This was before untitled, okay. You need update that bro.

I'd probably put Untitled somewhere on the level of God's Son. Untitled is good, I'd say a solid 4 mics. Great lyrics, mediocre production. Also lacks replay value.

blasian
10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Nastradamus really is as bad as people say it is. It's terrible, he used a Christmas Carol as a sample for God's sake.

lol yeah Shoot 'Em Up. Track is embarrassing. unfortunately thats the track the news channels always play when they discuss Nas, as if it defines his career.

v-unit
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
when did I say this? Great doesn't equal good.

only song you listed ****ing with Illmatic's material is Nas is Like imo.

**** you blasian

blasian
10-07-2009, 08:09 PM
**** you blasian

:rockon:

phoenix18
10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
lol yeah Shoot 'Em Up. Track is embarrassing. unfortunately thats the track the news channels always play when they discuss Nas, as if it defines his career.
Its not that bad.

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2016, 09:54 PM

I was browsing this and normally wouldnt bump but :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 09:57 PM
you didn't notice my **** pumping in your a$$ after that big ol bong hit you took last night either.

:wtf: