PDA

View Full Version : In 20 years will we see LBJ on billboards and stores all over the place?

warriorfan
06-25-2024, 01:18 PM
Jordan is everywhere. You still see his picture every day. He’s been retired for 20 years and it’s still all that people talk about.

I have a hard time seeing LBJ having anywhere close to this iconic staying power.

I think it’s part of the reason he’s doing this desperate extension of his career. He knows once he’s done, he’s gonna fade into the night. He might get mentioned on sports center due to longevity stat factoids but besides that. He’s not gonna be relevant.

Lebron23
06-25-2024, 02:04 PM
You will be dead in 2 years due to drug abuse

sdot_thadon
06-25-2024, 02:38 PM
Nah he'll be all over digital devices instead.

gengiskhan
06-25-2024, 03:07 PM

soon after retirement. LBJ will take that important helicopter ride over Calabasas mountains.

Thats the way Lakers and Celtics give their 1 Blood sacrifice per decade to keep woodoo off their Golden Goose.

List is end less. Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, Magic's AIDs, Kobe crash and burn, LBJ's is coming up soon.

warriorfan
06-25-2024, 05:07 PM

I don’t think so

He wasn’t a major player in any civil rights movement. He didn’t grow the NBA to an international stage. He’s been a scab in a weak era of NBA superstars, people can see through the fake hype. He’s not a charismatic character, he doesn’t have the “it” factor. Lebron is quite boring when it comes down to it.

Lebron will fade into obscurity very quickly after his retirement.

Axe
06-25-2024, 05:09 PM
You talk about how he's still not as famous as him and that. Yet he's a lot more achieved and popular than your gerbil hero somehow. :confusedshrug:

:milton

highwhey
06-25-2024, 05:16 PM
i never even saw a curry billboard during his prime

warriorfan
06-25-2024, 05:16 PM
You talk about how he's still not as famous as him and that. Yet he's a lot more achieved and popular than your gerbil hero somehow. :confusedshrug:

:milton

this guy is so mad :roll:

warriorfan
06-25-2024, 05:17 PM
i never even saw a curry billboard during his prime

you are an alcoholic recluse sloth who plays video games and binge watches streaming platforms all day so it makes sense

highwhey
06-25-2024, 05:19 PM
you are an alcoholic recluse sloth who plays video games and binge watches streaming platforms all day so it makes sense

are you OK?

Axe
06-25-2024, 05:36 PM
this guy is so mad :roll:
Reminders called. It notifies you to send another batch of e-mails to jeff tonight.

theman93
06-25-2024, 06:15 PM
MJ was still featured in Gatorade’s latest commercial. Aura.

Jasper
06-25-2024, 07:16 PM
Jordan is everywhere. You still see his picture every day. He’s been retired for 20 years and it’s still all that people talk about.

I have a hard time seeing LBJ having anywhere close to this iconic staying power.

I think it’s part of the reason he’s doing this desperate extension of his career. He knows once he’s done, he’s gonna fade into the night. He might get mentioned on sports center due to longevity stat factoids but besides that. He’s not gonna be relevant.

hope not i am sick of that dog

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2024, 08:07 PM
I think Bron will have major global influence post-career... lots of posters and stuff. It feels like hes at Ronaldo/Messi levels as far as popularity goes.

But it wont be like MJ.

MJ was the 90s.

He has the brand "Jordan" and Space Jam.

Gonna be hard to top him "name wise".

gengiskhan
06-25-2024, 08:14 PM
I think Bron will have major global influence post-career... lots of posters and stuff. It feels like hes at Ronaldo/Messi levels as far as popularity goes.

But it wont be like MJ.

MJ was the 90s.

He has the brand "Jordan" and Space Jam.

Gonna be hard to top him "name wise".

young'un like you have no idea how big MJ was, is.....

MJ was truly bigger than Bball like Muhammad Ali.

Remote corner of the world knew MJ just like Ali.

MJ is the reason why NBA went Global so easily.

Not because Media and Nike promoted him like that world over.

He did a lot for Bball in the name of "love of the game" clause. not just competitive Bball wise.

Kobe may have gotten popular in Asia, LBJ the same but thats where it all ends.

There will never ever be anyone bigger Bball wise than MJ just like Ali.

It has everything to do with the way MJ played the game that was transformational just like Ali was to boxing.

Other transcedental GOATs like MJ I think of are Maradonna and Messi.

The list stops right there!.

ArbitraryWater
06-25-2024, 08:15 PM
young'un like you have no idea how big MJ was, is.....

MJ was truly bigger than Bball like Muhammad Ali.

Remote corner of the world knew MJ just like Ali.

MJ is the reason why NBA went Global so easily.

Not because Media and Nike promoted him like that world over.

He did a lot for Bball in the name of "love of the game" clause. not just competitive Bball wise.

Kobe may have gotten popular in Asia, LBJ the same but thats where it all ends.

There will never ever be anyone bigger Bball wise than MJ just like Ali.

It has everything to do with the way MJ played the game that was transformational just like Ali was to boxing.

Other transcedental GOATs like MJ I think of are Maradonna and Messi.

The list stops right there!.

Thats what I just said.

Airupthere
06-26-2024, 10:49 AM
In 20 years I am 100% sure Lebron will still be watched on YouTube... compilation video after compilation video of his flopping, quitting, complaining, tantrums, lying, and narcissism.

Neal Romer
06-26-2024, 01:16 PM
Well considering Lebron SHOULD be proclaimed Emporer of the ****ing World when he retires if the world has any clue what's good for it, yeah I think hes gonna be pretty damn relevant.

TheMan
06-26-2024, 09:35 PM

Yep, Klutch Sports working overtime.

TheMan
06-26-2024, 09:41 PM
In 20 years I am 100% sure Lebron will still be watched on YouTube... compilation video after compilation video of his flopping, quitting, complaining, tantrums, lying, and narcissism.

And kids will be claiming LeBron was overrated because the league was dominated by plumbers (Jokic and Doncic). Dumb take but we know it's gonna happen because they're white, fat and slow.

Wardell Curry
06-26-2024, 09:45 PM
In 100 years nobody will care about Jordan or LeBron or any other modern day basketball player. They will all be forgotten and nobody will be alive that watched either one of them and you'll just have people spouting off about how soandso was the GOAT in the same way they say that about Babe Ruth even though nobody saying such things anymore ever saw the guy. Species shifting medical advancements aside.

https://img.ifunny.co/images/a725185eb486d694ba90d55b4cf6ad422e6e5c8c99c16d3e24 688bdd5de88e3b_1.jpg

Axe
06-26-2024, 10:13 PM
Basketball was invented by a canadian.