PDA

View Full Version : Al Horford is older than Joe Mazzulla

iamgine
06-18-2024, 07:30 PM
It's crazy that a 35 years old coach is dominating the league. Winning 16-3 in the playoff.

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2024, 08:40 PM
As a player Mazzulla led West Virginia past John Wall and Demarcus Cousins in the NCAA tournament. He scored 17 points and on a few possessions even defended Cousins.

warriorfan
06-18-2024, 08:42 PM
As a player Mazzulla led West Virginia past John Wall and Demarcus Cousins in the NCAA tournament. He scored 17 points and on a few possessions even defended Cousins.

thanks lebron23

Real Men Wear Green
06-18-2024, 08:46 PM
thanks lebron23

As a poster warriorfan was known for smoking crack and attempting to be funny. Unfortunately he was only good at one of those two things.

90sgoat
06-18-2024, 08:48 PM
Horford was low key the most important player for Celtics.

He straight up dominated Gafford at age 38 and hit all the important 3 pointers.

Horford is probably the most impactful 38 year old I've seen play since Duncan.

I see Horford intends to play one more season for Celtics. I think that's good for Celtics. To me he is their clear leader and team anchor, much like old man Duncan.

Axe
06-18-2024, 09:02 PM
As a poster warriorfan was known for smoking crack and attempting to be funny. Unfortunately he was only good at one of those two things.
:milton

StrongLurk
06-18-2024, 09:46 PM
Horford was low key the most important player for Celtics.

He straight up dominated Gafford at age 38 and hit all the important 3 pointers.

Horford is probably the most impactful 38 year old I've seen play since Duncan.

I see Horford intends to play one more season for Celtics. I think that's good for Celtics. To me he is their clear leader and team anchor, much like old man Duncan.

Lebron James has certainly been more impactful than Horford.

RRR3
06-18-2024, 09:50 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

90sgoat
06-18-2024, 10:08 PM

Lebron's last ring was at 35.

Duncan won a ring at 37.

Horford at 38.

Kareem at 40.

Lebron hasn't been able to take a backseat and be an elite role player. He still tries to be the man. Honestly, in my book of the greatest, I am beginning to rank the ability to contribute as a role player.

1987_Lakers
06-18-2024, 10:11 PM

https://media.tenor.com/xZm5QHMWi6wAAAAM/kevin-garnett-oh.gif

Axe
06-18-2024, 10:26 PM
At his peak, he best demonstrated it when he played with scrubs and the gap between him and the next best player on his team is huge. But put him in dynasty teams like the spurs or the warriors in 00s and 10s with reliable, star teammates? His numbers could dip down a bit.

ILLsmak
06-18-2024, 10:40 PM
Jump shot blocker. Haha

-Smak

warriorfan
06-18-2024, 10:58 PM
Lebron's last ring was at 35.

Duncan won a ring at 37.

Horford at 38.

Kareem at 40.

Lebron hasn't been able to take a backseat and be an elite role player. He still tries to be the man. Honestly, in my book of the greatest, I am beginning to rank the ability to contribute as a role player.

Should go into his longevity argument.

Who gives a shit if you can pump box scores with ball domination and empty stat environments at an advanced age? I don’t

RRR3
06-18-2024, 10:59 PM

Who gives a shit if you can pump box scores with ball domination and empty stat environments at an advanced age? I don’t
No one cares what a delusional crackhead thinks though

90sgoat
06-18-2024, 11:07 PM

Speaking off, if Curry could get one more ring as a second option or role player..

I thought maybe last year would do it.

warriorfan
06-18-2024, 11:07 PM
No one cares what a delusional crackhead thinks though

I’m not the one following people around posting one second after they do lmao
(but doesn’t care though)

Get a life chief :lol

Speaking off, if Curry could get one more ring as a second option or role player..

I thought maybe last year would do it, but I dunno.

It will be interesting to see what he wants to do. Warriors aren’t in the greatest situation right now in terms of cap flexibility and assets. Curry’s game should continue to age well barring any injuries, he could have some decent ring chase role playing type years even when he is 39/40 I can imagine

Axe
06-18-2024, 11:09 PM
Seriously doubt it. With klay looking to depart in summer and iggy gone for good.

90sgoat
06-18-2024, 11:17 PM
Seriously doubt it. With klay looking to depart in summer and iggy gone for good.

It will be interesting to see what he wants to do. Warriors aren’t in the greatest situation right now in terms of cap flexibility and assets. Curry’s game should continue to age well barring any injuries, he could have some decent ring chase role playing type years even when he is 39/40 I can imagine

He can stay and be a Ewing or he can go and try to get a ring somewhere else. You swap Murray with Curry and that's a ring. Milwaukee instead of Dame.

Probably needs to get out of Warriors when you put it like that.

warriorfan
06-18-2024, 11:21 PM
He can stay and be a Ewing or he can go and try to get a ring somewhere else. You swap Murray with Curry and that's a ring. Milwaukee instead of Dame.

He does. Realistically some sort of trade would probably be the best for both him and the Warriors. That being said I think he will end up sticking around and finishing his career here with not a whole lot of team success but that is fine to me. It’s been a good run. I’m not that greedy.

Axe
06-18-2024, 11:29 PM

Sure. But he's loyal to the organization, especially when he's been a part of a successful foundation there ever since. So it doesn't seem likely.