PDA

View Full Version : People will conclude 2024 Indy was much inferior to 2024 Celtics

iamgine
05-30-2024, 01:13 AM
Because Indy got swept 4-0.

However, almost every game is so very close. Indy could easily be up 3-1.

In your opinion, would it be more accurate to say Indy was pretty much an equal to Boston? Cause of how close the games were.

highwhey
05-30-2024, 01:20 AM
Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females only at www.insidehoops.com

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2024, 01:36 AM

:roll:

warriorfan
05-30-2024, 01:37 AM

In your opinion, would it be more accurate to say Indy was pretty much an equal to Boston? Cause of how close the games were.

It was a tad closer then it will be seen by people looking back, they will overlook the give aways and haliburton injury. But there was only one game that was pretty much 99.9% they should have won, and it’s not you start, not how you play 90% of the game, it’s how you finish.

in the end no one will really care that much besides some guys arguing online

beasted
05-30-2024, 01:40 AM

If I'm being completely honest, Miami had a legitimate chance to knock out Boston with a healthy Jimmy and Rozier.

Celtics got a free pass of battered teams.

And, yes, Indy was much closer matched, but lacked experience to close games. Carlisle was also pretty terrible on use of timeouts in the clutch.

ImKobe
05-30-2024, 01:59 AM
I could buy into that if Haliburton didn't get injured. I just see it as the Cs playing down to their competition as they usually do. Indy was a terrible defensive team, had no business being in those games as much as they were, especially with Hali injured.

CurryOverLebron
05-30-2024, 08:04 AM
NBA wants wants conference finals games to be close since there are no other games left. So Dallas and Boston are deliberately keeping games close and playing for real in the clutch.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2024, 09:01 AM

:roll::roll:

Wally450
05-30-2024, 10:04 AM
I could buy into that if Haliburton didn't get injured. I just see it as the Cs playing down to their competition as they usually do. Indy was a terrible defensive team, had no business being in those games as much as they were, especially with Hali injured.

This is how I look at it. With Miami, they know they were going to be tested. With Cleveland, Mitchell was playing well up until he missed the last 2 games, so there was going to be a test there. With Indy, it seemed like the Celtics just lacked at times defensively, and certain guys got hot at certain periods. Probably thinking Indy shouldn't be there, or were expecting NY in the ECF. In years past, they lose some of these close games because they'd mess around with teams that had no business being anywhere close to them. This year, they have turned that corner, especially this postseason.

That's why I'm not worried about this team when they play a good/healthy opponent, because they know when to pick their game up and play to the level of the team that won 64 games during the regular season.

sd3035
05-30-2024, 11:44 AM
Boston is a much better team. Congrats to the Pacers for keeping some games close while getting swept :dancin

gengiskhan
05-30-2024, 04:38 PM
maybe!

we did not see celtics with 20 PPG Porzingis against 2024 Indy.

whatever that injured tyrese held on bench was more than made up by hembhard and Mcconnel and siekem.

all 3 played lights out. Indy offensive play never dropped in his absense.

OTOH, we just dont know how 2024 celtics could've looked with healthy Porzingis, a 20 PPG threat.