PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin has officially retired

Im Still Ballin
04-16-2024, 12:56 PM
A nice career that was heavily derailed by injuries. Was on pace to be a first-ballot guy before his body broke down.

What do we think? Did he do enough to make the HOF?

Six-time All-Star F Blake Griffin announced his retirement from the NBA on Instagram. Griffin – the Clippers’ No. 1 overall pick in 2009 out of Oklahoma – made second-team All-NBA three times, third-team All-NBA twice and won the 2011 Rookie of the Year award. Griffin played his final season with the Celtics a year ago.

- Woj

L.Kizzle
04-16-2024, 01:01 PM
Michael Cooper just made he. Guys like him, Amare and LMA should be locks.

Im Still Ballin
04-16-2024, 01:04 PM
Michael Cooper just made he. Guys like him, Amare and LMA should be locks.

Good call on Amar'e and LMA. They're on a similar tier to Griffin. STAT and Blake peaked higher but LaMarcus had the better longevity.

AlternativeAcc.
04-16-2024, 04:13 PM
He'll be remembered as a Clipper but he had a dominant season in Detroit and helped me win a fantasy title that season.

brownmamba00
04-16-2024, 05:09 PM
He was kinda good on the Nets

beasted
04-16-2024, 06:56 PM
Kemp and Jermaine O'Neal are out. Griffin seems to be on a similar tier.

I think he's going to get in eventually though because he is better liked by the media.

Jasper
04-16-2024, 07:08 PM
coach should of told him not to dunk.

he made neat commercials.

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2024, 07:20 PM
Damn, seems kind of weird.

Retired before CP3.

He was a beast on the Pistons and then threw his career away by joining Brooklyn. That was just 3 years ago.

John8204
04-17-2024, 09:32 AM
A nice career that was heavily derailed by injuries. Was on pace to be a first-ballot guy before his body broke down.

What do we think? Did he do enough to make the HOF?

Much like with Manu...timing is a huge help for him. Carmello really is the only lock from the last three years to retire. Griffin, Rondo, Aldridge, Boogie, Iggy, Kevin Love if he goes this year, Kyle Lowry is likely going to leave soon. The field is very thin 6 All-Stars and 6 All-NBA likely puts him in.

Jasper
04-18-2024, 07:06 PM
Damn, seems kind of weird.

Retired before CP3.

He was a beast on the Pistons and then threw his career away by joining Brooklyn. That was just 3 years ago.

remmeber Detroit really had no one but Blake ... he was point PF , leading the team in dimes, boards and scoring ..

dankok8
04-19-2024, 01:46 AM
I remember thinking he would win multiple MVP's then injuries got in the way. Still a HOF worthy career I guess.

hiphopanonymous
04-19-2024, 10:16 AM
Offensive charge on almost every "poster". Darryl Dawkins would have been the GOAT if he was allowed to play that way. Then he flopped constantly. Never was a big fan of his.

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2024, 10:20 AM
I remember thinking he would win multiple MVP's then injuries got in the way. Still a HOF worthy career I guess.

When did you think that?

SaltyMeatballs
04-19-2024, 02:14 PM
Young BG was so fun to watch. His first several years started off so good but he fell off a cliff once he left the Pistons

Solid career with an insane highlight reel but I don't think he accomplished enough to make the HOF.