PDA

View Full Version : Luka deserves MVP

90sgoat
04-01-2024, 04:21 AM
God knows I've been very critical of Luka this season, but his play since All Star break has been phenomenal, particularly since Mavs have started Daniel Gafford.

I believe that Mavs are now something like 14-1 with Luka and Gafford starting. This proves what I said, that Mavs just needed a competent big man to compete.

Mavs are now on 7 game winning streak and only 2 games behind Clippers for 4th spot in the West. They can still be a 50 win team. Included in that win streak are wins over Jokic and Sabonis.

If Mavs get 50 wins, Luka definitely deserves the MVP.

AlternativeAcc.
04-01-2024, 04:37 AM
Jokic is just too dominant and will likely have 1 seed. Beats Luka in every advanced category

It is kinda crazy a 34/10/9 carry job won't result in an MVP, but Jokic is clearly a top 5 all-time level player at his peak. Just how it goes

Im Still Ballin
04-01-2024, 04:46 AM
The fact that Jamal Murray has been out only bolsters Nikola's case for a third MVP.

90sgoat
04-01-2024, 04:56 AM
I'm ok with giving Jokic the MVP, but I feel it will be as a consolation prize for last years robbery.

You can argue that Luka dipped for too long around christmas though.

John8204
04-01-2024, 05:02 AM
I know Tiny is the only player to go 1/1 on points and assists...but Luka going 1 and 2...has that happened before?

90sgoat
04-01-2024, 05:15 AM
I know Tiny is the only player to go 1/1 on points and assists...but Luka going 1 and 2...has that happened before?

I doubt it has.

I would think it hasn't happened with top 3 either.

Maybe Oscar Robertson?

AlternativeAcc.
04-01-2024, 05:31 AM
I doubt it has.

I would think it hasn't happened with top 3 either.

Maybe Oscar Robertson?

Harden was 2nd in points and 1st in assists in 2017, lost MVP to Westbrick

ImKobe
04-01-2024, 06:05 AM
Jokic is just too dominant and will likely have 1 seed. Beats Luka in every advanced category

It is kinda crazy a 34/10/9 carry job won't result in an MVP, but Jokic is clearly a top 5 all-time level player at his peak. Just how it goes

SGA & Luka are ahead of Jokic in EPM if you care about that stat at all, but yeah otherwise Jokic is more efficient. Luka's sheer volume though should put him in that convo. It's definitely not a landslide win for Jokic. Luka & SGA both deserve some 1st place votes.

OKC has the tiebreaker over Denver, and the Wolves are currently 2 - 1 over Denver and could end up with the tiebreaker as well, so there's a world where Denver ends up 3rd with the Mavs finishing 4th, and in that case both SGA & Luka have decent MVP arguments as well.

elementally morale
04-01-2024, 04:17 PM
Luka with OKC's record would probably win it because he would've got a lot more recognition throughout the year as the team was often #1 in the rankings. I think may player will receive 1st place votes. Even Tatum will land a few probably. Both Luka and SGA will receive votes as will Giannis. So no, it will not be a landslide - and it also shouldn't.

But Jokic will win. Partly because 2nd place and 3rd place votes will be very mixed. I think Jokic will have the most 1st and 2nd place votes and not necessarily reach half of all votes in either category - but it will be enough. I agree others are deserving and I think Luka could have won it with OKC's record.

tontoz
04-01-2024, 04:20 PM
OP has been a top 3 Luka hater all season and now this? OP must be off his meds :facepalm

Carbine
04-01-2024, 04:35 PM
Doncic odds have soared lately. SGA has fallen off a cliff to +2500

Doncic +700 is in the realm of possibility. It has been quite a run to finish the season off for the Mavs and Doncic.

elementally morale
04-01-2024, 04:53 PM

Doncic +700 is in the realm of possibility. It has been quite a run to finish the season off for the Mavs and Doncic.

I've been telling this for at least 3 months now: Luka would win with the OKC record because he is a much bigger name than SGA and has huge games that catch attention along with some great highlight plays.

FultzNationRISE
04-01-2024, 05:28 PM
Honestly, no.

Lebron deserves it.

Nowoco
04-01-2024, 06:14 PM
I couldnt believe how fat his face looked last night.

https://i.ibb.co/cFLbj5J/Capture.jpg

90sgoat
04-01-2024, 07:58 PM
Luka has a serious case of carb face.

His wife is a chubby too.

You can just tell they sit around and eat potato chips all night, because they have been together so long and from so young they have zero desire to have sex with each other anymore.

Luka needs to go find some baddie who will get him into shape.

Jasper
04-01-2024, 08:08 PM
God knows I've been very critical of Luka this season, but his play since All Star break has been phenomenal, particularly since Mavs have started Daniel Gafford.

I believe that Mavs are now something like 14-1 with Luka and Gafford starting. This proves what I said, that Mavs just needed a competent big man to compete.

Mavs are now on 7 game winning streak and only 2 games behind Clippers for 4th spot in the West. They can still be a 50 win team. Included in that win streak are wins over Jokic and Sabonis.

If Mavs get 50 wins, Luka definitely deserves the MVP.

for his team = YES

tontoz
04-01-2024, 08:19 PM

SGA's scoring was down in March, both in volume and efficiency. That opened the door for Luka to pass him but basically sealed the MVP for Jokic.

Rat Piley
04-02-2024, 10:25 AM
wow

Jasper
04-03-2024, 10:12 AM
show how close this really is :

Giannis 31 ppg 11 boards 6.5 dimes 61.6 FG%

Joker 26ppg 12 boards 9 dimes 57 FG%

Giannis does not have the shot at the 3 point line as Joker does.

* no player in NBA history has average over 30 ppg on over 60% shooting.. (pretty weird he would lose the MVP

SATAN
04-03-2024, 06:57 PM
:facepalm