PDA

View Full Version : Is A. Griffin "the example" of what happens when u hire for the wrong reasons?

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 02:48 AM
I mean look at this press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebq9W5lt_SY

How do you ever come away from a job interview with him thinking that's the man best qualified to lead a team and make decisions?

Listen to him. He's rambling, nervously speaking in empty cliches, clearly uncomfortable having to explain anything about basketball. He's butchering words ("if we shoot better we could have won by a higher margarine.")

It's not a judgement of him as a person. He's probably a great guy with a lot of talents. He may make a great assistant coach, working with guys 1 on 1, giving them someone to relate to, offering his experiences as a player or whatever. But him in charge? Making decisions? There is no way possible Milwaukee could have NOT realized he was ill-suited for the job when they interviewed him. And they hired him anyway. That is an embarrassment and an insult to every serious basketball coach out there.

Is this approach to selecting coaches really sustainable in the long run?

beasted
01-24-2024, 02:58 AM
"Wrong reasons"?

Please elaborate.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2024, 03:02 AM
Giannis liked him.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 03:03 AM
"Wrong reasons"?

Please elaborate.

Whatever reason they hired him for.

Maybe he’s got dirt on the owner. Maybe he fills a quota mandate. Maybe they like the cologne he wears.

Whatever the reason, they did NOT hire him because he’s convincing as a head coach. That much is clear with 100% factual certainty. You cannot look at that press conference and infer he was the best candidate they interviewed. Unequivocally impossible. Nobody could possibly think he made the most compelling case as the best man for the job.

So whatever it was that motivated them instead… it was clearly the wrong reason.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 03:03 AM
Giannis liked him.

Ok well that definitely qualifies as a wrong reason.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 03:05 AM
Yes, Adrian is one of many examples of exactly that.
Such a thing can be applied on a macro level to many industries and institutions.

There are many talented/good/well-meaning people, whose ambition drastically outweighs their ability. And many of them have so much ambition, they either cannot foresee or are unwilling to acknowledge that if their ambition got them there, that they would undoubtably fail.

Then, there are those who hire them, either due to excessive compassion, gender/racial pressure, and other factors, often including just being a weak gullible person in the interview process, who falls in love with charismatic/energetic candidates. And lose sight of glaring weaknesses.

I hope Doc can smooth talk Terry back into that practice facility … to finally continue to integrate Lopez/Giannis/Middleton with Dame in very high level PNR/PNP to prepare them specifically for the Boston series or Philly series or both, and right this ship. Cause there’s just so much talent on that roster. They can get another chip with that roster..: so long as the right minds and personalities are at the helm.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2024, 03:07 AM
DEI. Do I detect a DEI?

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 03:10 AM
There are plenty of coaches who turn out not to be good, but who could at least appear qualified in an interview.

Griffin sounds like he read a basic summary of basketball in a magazine yesterday and is trying to remember the main points of it to repeat in his press conference. Reminds me of Mark Jackson honestly, who had great instincts on the court as a player but really doesnt see the game from a chalkboard perspective, which you can tell from his time as an analyst. Just gives motivational rhetoric and hopes the team figures out what to do.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 03:17 AM
I mean look at this press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebq9W5lt_SYHe may make a great assistant coach, working with guys 1 on 1, giving them someone to relate to, offering his experiences as a player or whatever. But him in charge? Making decisions?100% Adrian’s strong suits are in player development, defensive motivation, and in helping young talent feel they belong and can contribute to the organization, when they may feel out of place or disrespected, cause their ego can’t handle not being a starter/rotation-player anymore.

Some players don’t need anything but the paycheck to get their mind right in that situation … others NEED an assistant coach to handle that part of their journey with them, or they self destruct and harm team chemistry.

I think it’s very safe to say that Bucks ownership walks on eggshells fearing Giannis leaving … and has made several rash decisions (and continues to) due to that very factor.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 03:22 AM
There are plenty of coaches who turn out not to be good, but who could at least appear qualified in an interview.

Griffin sounds like he read a basic summary of basketball in a magazine yesterday and is trying to remember the main points of it to repeat in his press conference. Reminds me of Mark Jackson honestly, who had great instincts on the court as a player but really doesnt see the game from a chalkboard perspective, which you can tell from his time as an analyst. Just gives motivational rhetoric and hopes the team figures out what to do.
As a longtime critic of Mark Jackson as well, it never ceases to MF amaze me, that billionaire owners who think they’re the smartest MF in any room they’re in, fall so badly for the “empty cliches/rhetoric” and hire ambitious charismatic candidates who are doomed to fail.

I mean, sure there are some players who don’t know the difference between empty cliches and rhetoric, and real insight and guidance … but those players are rarely superstar ball handlers and shot creators. They’re often butthurt bench players who have the talent and athleticism but can’t put that together with insight and the ability to read and manipulate and react and counter at the highest level.

But to think that some billionaire who BUYS AN NBA TEAM … could fall for it; and/or get pressured into it…. Is mind boggling.

beasted
01-24-2024, 03:23 AM
Whatever reason they hired him for.

Maybe he’s got dirt on the owner. Maybe he fills a quota mandate. Maybe they like the cologne he wears.

Whatever the reason, they did NOT hire him because he’s convincing as a head coach. That much is clear with 100% factual certainty. You can not look at that press conference and infer he was the best candidate they interviewed. Unequivocally impossible. Nobody could possibly think he made the most compelling case as the best man for the job.

So whatever it was that motivated them instead… it was clearly the wrong reason.
Your evaluation is ill-informed and elementary at best. There are several big name players on the record of endorsing Griffin as a coach prior to his hire as the Bucks HC. This wasn't some fly-by-night "gut feeling" hire like was granted to an inexperienced Nash who is now out of the league entirely after squandering top 5 paper roster talent for multiple seasons. The "reasons" were the "right reasons."

Griffin paid dues over a 16-year coaching career under different HCs and several organizations. If he didn't have really valuable qualities that manifested outside of press conferences, he wouldn't be a coach this long.

I get it. He struggled some, and there was clearly a personality/ social fit that didn't work in Milwaukee. The pressure may have changed the type of coach he would naturally be others. But to position it the way you did alluding to trash like "dirt on the owner," etc, is nonsensical.

I'll just outright say that your initial post alluded to a racial hire and is a predictable opinion consistent with your far-right mildly racist persona that you've shown.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2024, 03:32 AM
Your evaluation is ill-informed and elementary at best. There are several big name players on the record of endorsing Griffin as a coach prior to his hire as the Bucks HC. This wasn't some fly-by-night "gut feeling" hire like was granted to an inexperienced Nash who is now out of the league entirely after squandering top 5 paper roster talent for multiple seasons. The "reasons" were the "right reasons."

Griffin paid dues over a 16-year coaching career under different HCs and several organizations. If he didn't have really valuable qualities that manifested outside of press conferences, he wouldn't be a coach this long.

I get it. He struggled some, and there was clearly a personality/ social fit that didn't work in Milwaukee. The pressure may have changed the type of coach he would naturally be others. But to position it the way you did alluding to trash like "dirt on the owner," etc, is nonsensical.

I'll just outright say that your initial post alluded to a racial hire and is a predictable opinion consistent with your far-right mildly racist persona that you've shown.

Shots fired. Let's see what OP has to say.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 03:43 AM

You personally said in another thread, in explicit terms, that he was fired for being black.

But here, when you believe someone has suggested he was hired for being black, you take indignant exception.

:roll:

Phony much?

And then somehow you bring politics into it and assert that its ok for you to be racist even as you witch hunt other people as rscists “bc teh right wing!!!” or whatever sheep drivel parrot talking point clownspeak you just babbled.

In the words of the waitress from Tommy Boy:

“God youre pathetic.”

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 03:55 AM

I'll just outright say that your initial post alluded to a racial hire and is a predictable opinion consistent with your far-right mildly racist persona that you've shown.I don’t know if I’ve ever witnessed Fultz being right wing or racist, but he certainly can be a contrarian and is obviously well versed in reverse psychology and other similar things….

I gotta ask you a question tho, are you fully aware of all the insecure outbursts Adrian had with staff and players so far this year ? Including along a huge insanly paranoid insecure shot LIVE IN PRACTICE in front of EVERYONE, to the veteran offensive-guru head coach, who was brought out of retirement to help Adrian offensively, to maximize Dame’s cohesion with other key players, and to engineer key offensive adjustments/chess-moves in-game and in-series in the post season ?

I get it, Adrian likely felt insecure about Terry, thinking Terry would take over the team or take his job … but bruh …. Adrian coulda just chilled out and coasted calmly into something wonderful with all that talent …, but he shot himself in the foot over and over with staff and players. And when Terry said “fu@k this maniac, I’m gone” the whole team knew Terry was right and it was ruining their chemistry and belief in what they could achieve with ALL THAT TALENT.

Are you aware of all that ? And still want to defend Griffin ?

Son will NEVER get another chance, he blew this by being that dude who got stupid nervous during intake, and picked the absolutely worst fight he could in the day room, on some paranoid schizo sh!t…. And got thrown off the top deck and only realized he was the fu@k up on his way down lol

Axe
01-24-2024, 04:09 AM
He's more fit to be an assistant coach for a team, like what he's been before. Anything more than that isn't.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 04:10 AM
I don’t know if I’ve ever witnessed Fultz being right wing or racist, but he certainly can be a contrarian and is obviously well versed in reverse psychology and other similar things….

I gotta ask you a question tho, are you fully aware of all the insecure outbursts Adrian had with staff and players so far this year ? Including along a huge insanly paranoid insecure shot LIVE IN PRACTICE in front of EVERYONE, to the veteran offensive-guru head coach, who was brought out of retirement to help Adrian offensively, to maximize Dame’s cohesion with other key players, and to engineer key offensive adjustments/chess-moves in-game and in-series in the post season ?

I get it, Adrian likely felt insecure about Terry, thinking Terry would take over the team or take his job … but bruh …. Adrian coulda just chilled out and coasted calmly into something wonderful with all that talent …, but he shot himself in the foot over and over with staff and players. And when Terry said “fu@k this maniac, I’m gone” the whole team knew Terry was right and it was ruining their chemistry and belief in what they could achieve with ALL THAT TALENT.

Son will NEVER get another chance, he blew this by being that dude who got stupid nervous during intake, and picked the absolutely worst fight he could in the day room, on some paranoid schizo sh!t…. And got thrown off the top deck and only realized he was the fu@k up on his way down lol

Apparently the reason Doc was originally brought in as a consultant was also to pretty much hold Griffin’s hand. Milwaukee obviously knew he was in over his head for this role.

In fact Jeff Van Gundy was hired as a consultant by the Celtics this offseason, and I remember thinking at the time it seemed like he was mainly brought in to oversee Mazzulla after some of his questionable decisions last playoff.

The NBA appears to now be hiring coaches they outright dont believe in, just to show them off to the public, and then hire a second person with credentials to “consult” and actually be the invisible coach behind the scenes lmao.

Super awkward.

beasted
01-24-2024, 04:11 AM
You personally said in another thread, in explicit terms, that he was fired for being black.

But here, when you believe someone has suggested he was hired for being black, you take indignant exception.

Phony much?

And then somehow you bring politics into it and assert that its ok for you to be racist even as you witch hunt other people as rscists “bc teh right wing!!!” or whatever sheep drivel parrot talking point clownspeak you just babbled.

In the words of the waitress from Tommy Boy:

“God youre pathetic.”

Are you sure you want to go personal insults to speak on what's pathetic? You live on this message board every waking moment of every day posting thousands upon thousands of posts to random men, with posts draped in homosexual innuendo. And I'm pathetic?

Seriously, clown? :lol

On topic, the two concepts are mutually exclusive. Coaches can be prevented from getting opportunities and given short leashes due to race. Maybe you can't comprehend that your stance is actually at the total opposite end of this position by stating a former player with 9 years of NBA experience, plus multiple years of CBA/minor league experience, plus 15 years prior to this NBA coaching experience with several winning teams, plus several endorsements from star NBA players including this very same team's franchisee player is unqualified and was hired for "wrong reasons"? Why? Cause you said so?

Which other credible NBA writer has written anything remotely close to agreeing with you that he was not qualified? I'll tell you how many: none. Not for fear of any backlash, but rather because it's a farfetched and idiotic opinion.

All of your trailer park racist-hued rants don't need to be posted online.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2024, 04:14 AM
I don’t know if I’ve ever witnessed Fultz being right wing or racist, but he certainly can be a contrarian and is obviously well versed in reverse psychology and other similar things….

That's extremely vivid. Thank you. (Schmidt voice)

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 04:14 AM

I don’t think Adrian was hired because he was black, but that’s how some might see it since they see a black player wanting a white head coach fired, and that player wanting a black assistant coach promoted. Like LeBron and some other star players have done prior, and in those circumstances, many might have seen it as racial.

With Giannis, I very much highly doubt it was racial. I think it was just a combination of Giannis poor judgement, and the ownership/organization walking on way too many eggshells, scared Giannis would leave if they don’t baby him in every way and let him have his way … again … similarly yo some instances in LeBron’s career.

Bud also gets some blame for all this transpiring …. Your squad just secured the 1seed, and got eliminated after some unfortunate injuries and some horrific foul shooting …. You don’t in that moment let your generational superstar talent get his face wiped in his own sh!t ….. that’s a bit too much honesty from Bud too soon after elimination. In Giannis defense, Bud did make some significant mistakes in late game management … but Giannis missed a heartbreaking amount of FT in a way that demoralized the team. Plus Miami wasn’t really an 8-seed at all. So much overreaction to that elimination that wasn’t a true 1-8, but more like a second round, injury-riddled, 1v4 matchup.

Now, with the Bucks hiring Doc soooo quick … when again Doc’s strengths aren’t necessarily the best fit for Bucks needs given that types of talent and personalities on the roster …. To many it may seem racial.

But I hope Doc can smooth things out in 40 games, and I hope Doc gets the offensive genius assistant he needs… as we all know Doc would NEVER fall victim to the same blunders Adrian made … or that Mark Jackson made ..:: Doc would warmly welcome Terry and not have any fear of Terry taking over, Doc would be comfortable having the expertise and help, cause Doc been done that before with Thibbs engineering that #1 rank Boston defense, and winning a title while letting each coach shine and do their thing to help the entire squad win. Doc is no fool, he just isn’t the X&O genius, and Sheed’s blatant honesty really damaged Doc’s image and reputation … this oppurtunity for Doc to repair it, he’ll relish all the help he can get, and let’s be honest…. Doc/Terry can make a very impressive run with that Roster.

Philly has a great coaching staff again, but Boston has a young unproven head coach, that maybe Doc/Terry could surprised with something difficult to handle and upset even a healthy Boston team.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 04:19 AM
Apparently the reason Doc was originally brought in as a consultant was also to pretty much hold Griffin’s hand. Milwaukee obviously knew he was in over his head for this role.

In fact Jeff Van Gundy was hired as a consultant by the Celtics this offseason, and I remember thinking at the time it seemed like he was mainly brought in to oversee Mazzulla after some of his questionable decisions last playoff.

The NBA appears to now be hiring coaches they outright dont believe in, just to show them off to the public, and then hire a second person with credentials to “consult” and actually be the invisible coach behind the scenes lmao.

Super awkward.
I’ll make another MACRO expansion of that concept … many giant mega-corporations & govt institutions do this same thing currently … and I don’t mean DEI ..:

I mean overhire and over staff to tastelessly excessive and unnecessary levels of executive and management salary, instead of simply hiring a lower volume of managerial/executive staff, and make sure each managerial:executive role is given to the absolute best individual… trusting that the most qualified, most impressive, most proven individual will be the best way to achieve the most in that role. And then allocating much more many to more talented LABOR.

It’s like some collectivist paranoid hive-mind thing polluting corporate governance and also sadly infecting formerly great govt institutions. But paranoid hivemind amongst the executive/managerial segment, with little regard for labor.

Back to basketball…. I’m not accusing coaches or players of being guilty of any of this ..: I’m accusing OWNERS.

A lot of the time, owners who themselves may have had little respect / active disdain for the actual labor… and overhired and overstaffed their managerial/junior-executive with yes-men and yes-women, etc to make themselves feel like they weren’t alone on the plank … facing a perpetual mutiny … these insecure owners scared of their labor, make very poor decisions under pressure from their best labor and wind up bungling it all.

And we see these same billionaire owners coming from that big corporate/lobbyist backscratching/yes-men world, now polluting our game with it.

the organizations that seem most immune to such garbage are:

Denver
San Antonio
Oklahoma City

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 04:21 AM
Are you sure you want to go personal insults to speak on what's pathetic? You live on this message board every waking moment of every day posting thousands upon thousands of posts to random men, with posts draped in homosexual innuendo. And I'm pathetic?

Seriously, clown? :lol

On topic, the two concepts are mutually exclusive. Coaches can be prevented from getting opportunities and given short leashes due to race. Maybe you can't comprehend that your stance is actually at the total opposite end of this position by stating a former player with 9 years of NBA experience, plus multiple years of CBA/minor league experience, plus 15 years prior to this NBA coaching experience with several winning teams, plus several endorsements from star NBA players including this very same team's franchisee player is unqualified and was hired for "wrong reasons"? Why? Cause you said so?

Which other credible NBA writer has written anything remotely close to agreeing with you that he was not qualified? I'll tell you how many: none. Not for fear of any backlash, but rather because it's a farfetched and idiotic opinion.

All of your trailer park racist-hued rants don't need to be posted online.

First of all, it is NOT “homosexual” IF ITS ABOUT LEBRON. Lets get that clear.

Second of all you were proven wrong point blank wrong. They didnt fire him bc big bad whitey had a conspiracy to enact, they fired him evidently because Giannis had a falling out with him. You immediately played the race card, with zero evidence, and you were wrong. This goes hand in hand with you BEING unintelligent. You had nothing useful to offer on the topic, so you threw the race card out there. You accused the Milwaukee GM of racism with no evidence. YOURE the racist. Dummy.

And I simply said they hired him for the WRONG reasons, whatever they were, and supplied pretty clear evidence of it. He sounds like an imbecile. How could he have been hired on merit?

You are a dumb animal. Ok? I want you to understand that. I’m not just throwing out a generic ad hominem. You, personally, ARE a dumb animal. You are a dumb animal. And you are as qualified to debate with me as Adrian Griffin is to be a head coach.

beasted
01-24-2024, 04:23 AM

Yes, I'm aware of some of that already. But I also know that results speak louder than everything else typically.

It's why I'm Udoka smashing an exec's wife or whatever was brushed aside as long as it could be. It's why Ellen Degeneres can be a known **** that is tolerated for ratings.

Like I've already alluded to, the fit wasn't perfect, but typically results give you a longer leash. It's a lot of pressure to be under, and the pressure may have changed his natural personality that he has otherwise. I know plenty of people that are light easygoing but turned into a gremlin under pressure. How much did they try and talk and work with him on these flaws? Too much we don't know right now.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 04:33 AM

Seriously, clown? :lolDid you ever consider the possibility that Fultz Bransexual nonsense is an intentional character, written to diss and embarrass the actual Bransexuals by shoving a 5x mirror in their faces ? After reading enough of his threads, I, rightly or wrongly, drew that conclusion, and now I enjoy TF out of his Bransexual nonsense threads lol

beasted
01-24-2024, 04:34 AM
First of all, it is NOT “homosexual” IF ITS ABOUT LEBRON. Lets get that clear.

Second of all you were proven wrong point blank wrong. They didnt fire him bc big bad whitey had a conspiracy to enact, they fired him evidently because Giannis had a falling out with him. You immediately played the race card, with zero evidence, and you were wrong. This goes hand in hand with you BEING unintelligent. You had nothing useful to offer on the topic, so you threw the race card out there. You accused the Milwaukee GM of racism with no evidence. YOURE the racist. Dummy.

And I simply said they hired him for the WRONG reasons, whatever they were, and supplied pretty clear evidence of it. He sounds like an imbecile. How could he have been hired on merit?

You are a dumb animal. Ok? I want you to understand that. I’m not just throwing out a generic ad hominem. You, personally, ARE a dumb animal. You are a dumb animal. And you are as qualified to debate with me as Adrian Griffin is to be a head coach.

Lol, you're stupidity is surely entertaining. :roll:

You've proven nothing. You've given your opinions that aren't supported by anyone in the know.

I'm glad you think I'm a dumb animal. I have no opinion of you because you don't matter. I might have opinions on the obtuse/illogical/right-wing things you write, but YOU in the other hand are irrelevant and insignificant.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 04:37 AM
That's extremely vivid. Thank you. (Schmidt voice)

I don’t know the reference, is it from a film ?

beasted
01-24-2024, 04:37 AM
Did you ever consider the possibility that Fultz Bransexual nonsense is an intentional character, written to diss and embarrass the actual Bransexuals by shoving a 5x mirror in their faces ? After reading enough of his threads, I, rightly or wrongly, drew that conclusion, and now I enjoy TF out of his Bransexual nonsense threads lol

Helluva commitment. Nonetheless the known fact in this equation is he's doing it to impress and entertain random men on a message board for FREE. That's the value of his effort.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 04:40 AM
Did you ever consider the possibility that Fultz Bransexual nonsense is an intentional character, written to diss and embarrass the actual Bransexuals by shoving a 5x mirror in their faces ? After reading enough of his threads, I, rightly or wrongly, drew that conclusion, and now I enjoy TF out of his Bransexual nonsense threads lol

I genuinely like Lebron as a player and always have.

In fact I think he’s legitimately underrated.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2024, 04:42 AM
I don’t know the reference, is it from a film ?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/01f4883b-2dc8-4c60-b360-9aee26ac48a9

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 04:43 AM
Helluva commitment. Nonetheless the known fact in this equation is he's doing it to impress and entertain random men on a message board for FREE. That's the value of his effort.

I like having fun.

To me this is easily preferable to always being salty and tight. You reek of confidence issues.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 04:44 AM
Helluva commitment. Nonetheless the known fact in this equation is he's doing it to impress and entertain random men on a message board. That's the value of his effort.
Nah, if I’m correct, niccas like that don’t do it for others, they’re admins with hella time to kill at their desk, amusing themselves … Reddit and various dying niche forums are ripe with gatekeeping, disrespectful, but extremely knowledgeable & generous MF who are like Jeffrey Albertson (Simpsons coming book store owner) in spirit, and like to have fun toying with those with less knowledge, but who also deeply enjoy sharing knowledge/expertise…. But often get bored doing it traditionally and straight-forward, but get more enjoyment doing it in ways that you said would be “a helluva commitment” … who knows,… some admins/tech guru desk jockeys might have minored in theatre or writing and it’s easy to snap into and out of character and keep them parts of the mind alive and vivid… on some sudoku sh!t

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 04:48 AM
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/01f4883b-2dc8-4c60-b360-9aee26ac48a9Only movie I saw with that fat MF was wolf of Wall Street, and god d@mn did I hate that movie despite it being so well done… it half, more than half-glorified that sick science.

I almost wanna go watch the descriptive paragraph that preceded it

beasted
01-24-2024, 04:48 AM
Nah, if I’m correct, niccas like that don’t do it for others, they’re admins with hella time to kill at their desk, amusing themselves … Reddit and various dying niche forums are ripe with gatekeeping, disrespectful, but extremely knowledgeable & generous MF who are like Jeffrey Albertson (Simpsons coming book store owner) in spirit, and like to have fun toying with those with less knowledge, but who also deeply enjoy sharing knowledge/expertise…. But often get bored doing it traditionally and straight-forward, but get more enjoyment doing it in ways that you said would be “a helluva commitment” … who knows,… some admins/tech guru desk jockeys might have minored in theatre or writing and it’s easy to snap into and out of character and keep them parts of the mind alive and vivid… on some sudoku sh!t

Sounds interesting. I'm tech adjacent and understand some of those guys are very unconventional personalities.

beasted
01-24-2024, 04:52 AM
I like having fun.

To me this is easily preferable to always being salty and tight. You reek of confidence issues.

You don't have to pretend with me. I really don't care. :oldlol:

Whether you're a flamer or a good actress, I'm indifferent. But your sports takes really are horrible and all opinion based. I don't go out of my way to tear anyone to shreds except the garbage takes you post.

beasted
01-24-2024, 05:01 AM
100% Adrian’s strong suits are in player development, defensive motivation, and in helping young talent feel they belong and can contribute to the organization, when they may feel out of place or disrespected, cause their ego can’t handle not being a starter/rotation-player anymore.

Some players don’t need anything but the paycheck to get their mind right in that situation … others NEED an assistant coach to handle that part of their journey with them, or they self destruct and harm team chemistry.

I think it’s very safe to say that Bucks ownership walks on eggshells fearing Giannis leaving … and has made several rash decisions (and continues to) due to that very factor.

This post is spot on. Clearly they are committed to be a 2nd apron team and the pressure and fear have contributed to some poor decisions.

Both in firing Bud and not giving Griffin more personal development. Their GM is pretty young at just 40 years old. It may be a contributing factor to these rash decisions.

But the premise that Griffin is not qualified and did not outright earn this coaching job through noble means is totally absurd.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2024, 05:04 AM
Only movie I saw with that fat MF was wolf of Wall Street, and god d@mn did I hate that movie despite it being so well done… it half, more than half-glorified that sick science.

I almost wanna go watch the descriptive paragraph that preceded it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2pqAoP8DRg&ab_channel=PBazuin

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 05:16 AM
the premise that Griffin is not qualified and did not outright earn this coaching job through noble means is totally absurd.I agree with the premise, that Griffin was never head coach material, and that the traumatizing thought of Giannis leaving MKE was the “wrong reason” they promoted his favorite assistant to a position where he was in way over his head.

….and Adrian’s losing the locker room so badly, so quickly, DESPITE having a decent record … including Giannis himself apparently losing faith, is exhibit A in the case to be made for why Griffin was never head coaching material in the first place. How many coaches you ever heard about getting fired 43 games into a season, when they were MF 30-13 ?????

Nobody fires a 30-13 head coach in his first season unless something is truly horribly wrong and EVERYONE realizes what a huge mistake it was to hire the MF in the first d@mn place. Bucks paying 3 head coaches now …. And probably are gonna hire another former head coach back so essentially gonna be paying 4 head coaches and having two of em coach lmmfao

I hope two hilarious things come out of this:

1. Bucks make a finals run with Doc & Terry but no chip. Terry makes some huge strategic call in the ECF to make it happen, but then Nuggets do Nuggets things.

2. Budenholzer hires Griffin as assistant in whatever city Budenholzer lands in…. And they utilize the same adjustment Stotz makes this ECF… in a play in game 5 years from now against the aging Boston or Philly squad lol. and some reporter asks Griffin about it in the post game lol

beasted
01-24-2024, 05:57 AM
I agree with the premise, that Griffin was never head coach material, and that the traumatizing thought of Giannis leaving MKE was the “wrong reason” they promoted his favorite assistant to a position where he was in way over his head.

….and Adrian’s losing the locker room so badly, so quickly, DESPITE having a decent record … including Giannis himself apparently losing faith, is exhibit A in the case to be made for why Griffin was never head coaching material in the first place. How many coaches you ever heard about getting fired 43 games into a season, when they were MF 30-13 ?????

Nobody fires a 30-13 head coach in his first season unless something is truly horribly wrong and EVERYONE realizes what a huge mistake it was to hire the MF in the first d@mn place. Bucks paying 3 head coaches now …. And probably are gonna hire another former head coach back so essentially gonna be paying 4 head coaches and having two of em coach lmmfao

I hope two hilarious things come out of this:

1. Bucks make a finals run with Doc & Terry but no chip. Terry makes some huge strategic call in the ECF to make it happen, but then Nuggets do Nuggets things.

2. Budenholzer hires Griffin as assistant in whatever city Budenholzer lands in…. And they utilize the same adjustment Stotz makes this ECF… in a play in game 5 years from now against the aging Boston or Philly squad lol. and some reporter asks Griffin about it in the post game lol

A couple questions

How is a coach with 30 years of professional experience in over his head?

Why would Griffin be Giannis' favorite assistant when he's never been on a team with him before?

How compelling of qualifications would Griffin have to have that a team with stakes as high as they have/had gambled on a rookie coach? Is that not clear evidence enough of how qualified he was at the time?

To make an analogy, when the Jaguars hired Urban Meyer, that experience went terrible. He clearly did not produce good results and was mired with scandal. He will never get another HC opportunity. But was he a qualified hire based on his experience? Absolutely. Do I think under a more ideal scenario that he could have made more of a career in the NFL? Yes. Hindsight is 20/20. The narrative didn't change after seeing the results to then fabricate a revision that he was only hired because his local notoriety. That shouldn't apply here as well with trying to say Griffin was never qualified in the first place.

BarberSchool
01-24-2024, 05:37 PM
A couple questions

Why would Griffin be Giannis' favorite assistant when he's never been on a team with him before?

How compelling of qualifications would Griffin have to have that a team with stakes as high as they have/had gambled on a rookie coach? Is that not clear evidence enough of how qualified he was at the time?

To make an analogy, when the Jaguars hired Urban Meyer, that experience went terrible. He clearly did not produce good results and was mired with scandal. He will never get another HC opportunity. But was he a qualified hire based on his experience? Absolutely. Do I think under a more ideal scenario that he could have made more of a career in the NFL? Yes. Hindsight is 20/20. The narrative didn't change after seeing the results to then fabricate a revision that he was only hired because his local notoriety. That shouldn't apply here as well with trying to say Griffin was never qualified in the first place.

- You’re including adrian’s time as a player towards his experience in a debate about Coaching. For example, Bucks assistant Joe Prunty has been an assistant coach since 1996, starting under Popovich.

- By your logic, since griffin only started coaching in 2008, he would have HALF the assistant coaching experience that Prunty does … does that make Prunty TWICE AS QUALIFIED as Griffin ? No. Each man’s own merit and quality of leadership, quality of insight, and quality of decisions should be the determining factor.

But Prunty having TWICE the assistant coaching experience plays to another point you tried to make… the assertion that Griffin’s time spent alone, somehow made him deserve a shot at head coaching. That’s not how it works. For every successful head coach, there are hundreds of other assistant coaches who will interview but NEVER once get a head coaching position. In the same way that somebody who works at a business for a long time doesn’t automatically mean they deserve a CHANCE to HOPE they CAN succeed if given full reign over it all.

Also, someone earlier referenced their W/L record as a metric to judge Griffin by. I would argue Bucks won in spite of Griffin, not because of him. Roster would likely agree enthusiastically. I’ll break down more about this and why win-loss record didn’t tell the real picture at all to measure Griffin.

Remember, Giannis animatedly wanted Griffin over Nick Nurse. Of all the former head coaches and the many assistant coach candidates, Giannis favorite was Nurse’s assistant coach, griffin.

Philadelphia top level positions in organization wanted Nurse, who was the head coach of the Toronto championship team that griffin was an assistant coach for.

So they gave Giannis his wish, I assume because they are scared if they don’t give him his way, he’ll leave.

But Giannis being enamored with Griffin didn’t last long, as in November, Giannis can be seen literally taking control of the clipboard, and changing plays griffin set up during a timeout, in a win against the Heat.

So despite Giannis showing strong preference for Griffin and not interested in Nurse …. Griffin also ironically Installed Nick Nurse’s scheme he used for Toronto’s slim, long, quick perimeter defenders….

Griffin had Lopez and Giannis trapping and blitzing ball handlers instead of protecting the rim. Talk about NOT playing to your rosters’ strengths lmmfao.

It seems so foolish and misguided, and Griffin was apparently so insistent upon it, even after confronted by many others on the staff and from players, dozens of times …. that I’m just gonna go ahead and make the wild assumption that Griffin’s “reputation” as a “defensive” guy, is all primarily based on him providing those cliches and rhetoric to simply MOTIVATE players to play harder on defense and keep on them about keeping up defensive habits and such … and not because of any insightful or creative, MUCH LESS ADAPTIVE schemes or variety of diverse schemes he could have brought o the table (he didn’t, he simply insisted on THAT system for THAT roster).

He had to be threatened by all the starters to agree to Brook Lopez going back to drop coverage like he did under Budenholzer when he was defensive player of the year several times.

Sure, if their length was generating more turnovers it would get Giannis more highlight fast break dunks which is good for business/jersey/merch sales, but at the sacrifice of two elite rim protectors, including the very best one in the league, by multiple metrics (Lopez) ? It’s insane. Even Toronto let Gasol protect the rim, instead of taking him out past the 3pt line in blitzes and traps all the time.

This as expected led to way too many easy buckets at the rim, also hurt their defensive rebounding and enabled so many second chance points for opponents. All those key metrics were far worse under Griffin than at ANY point in the Budenholzer era.

They sank as low as 27th in overall defensive rating after Christmas, and were among the worst in paint defensive metrics … which is totally insane for a team with two of the best rim protectors in the world, one (Lopez) literally the very best #1 rim protector and perennial defensive player of the year candidate ever single year under Budenholzer.

Their transition D also sucks under Griffin, because he insists on wings and guards crashing the glass. So many squads know this and leak out and get easy transition buckets.

It’s almost like Griffin is incompetent, and undeserving of being hoist into a role where his judgement and his decisions are given a second thought.

Because for the roster they have, he has made the polar opposite wrong choice for the modern game, with this rosters talents.

I would also say a huge red flag, should have been that his doctoral dissertation was titled : "How Active NBA Assistant Coaches Experience Stress, Stressors, Coping Strategies, and Interventions in a Competitive Sports Environment." What a *****. Huge red flag that this MF in his emotions way too much, and isn’t cut from the right cloth to be someone who is depended upon for solid judgement, elite pattern recognition, consistent ability to read and process the game, and provide adaptive & creative insight in real-time,
and to deliver consistently correct results with important decisions. Especially constantly correct choices in decisions made under pressure, or in his case, perceived pressure lol

Also, one big problem with your argument …. bucks FO didn’t hire Adrian at all for his “compelling qualifications” (or lack thereof) …. It’s openly widely known Giannis strong vocal preference was the driving force behind the hire.

FultzNationRISE
01-24-2024, 06:15 PM
A couple questions

Youre ignoring the video I posted where he struggles to stammer out basic concepts about basketball. He clearly doesnt know how to explain anything about the game.

Theres a difference between ‘training’ one person as an assistant in the gym (ok move your feet, quicker now, watch the reach, here we go, stay live stay live) and having to communicate an idea with multiple working parts to the entire team (when the roll man hits the gap, you flare to the action on the weak side, then blah blah blah). A head coach is in charge of the latter. He has to see and articulate the big picture. A leader cant be the least knowledge guy in the room, it makes no sense. And that was clearly Griffin.

Giannis apparently referenced in multiple interviews recently a complete lack of team organization. And as you can see in the video, Griffin is just rambling and stammering about nothing. He looks nervous and uncomfortable having to explain BASIC basketball ideas. He just didnt know what he was doing as a head coach.

And the point is there is NO WAY that WASNT evident in his job interview, if they asked him even remotely relevant questions to the job. They had to have seen he was simply unfit for the role. Being an assistant for 15 years doesnt make you an ideal fit as head coach. But they hired him anyway, for the wrong reasons, and now theres probably quite a bit of embarrassment on all sides.

tpols
01-24-2024, 06:28 PM
Why did he even get fired after a win?

BarberSchool
01-25-2024, 06:25 AM
Why did he even get fired after a win?

Word.

If a rookie head coach gets fired when the squad is a 2 seed, at 30-13, AFTER a WIN ….

…. Something horrifically embarrassingly wrong with him.
He is just plain ole not mentally cut out to be a head coach.
His vision, his decision making, his lack of composure, inability to maintain top level cognition when stressed or under pressure (painfully obvious from his dissertation)…. Dude is simply NOT a head coach. At all.

Adrian sadly will likely always be the type of dude who wants to be the boss so badly, and has the ambition and social skills to trick some into delegating him some authority, but also the type who ONCE HE GETS AUTHORITY, gets mad nervous and flustered and confused and anxious when HE actually is the boss.

Some people, Mainly women or weak insecure men…. Or people who lack the knowledge/wisdom/understanding they require to do what they want to do so badly … these types (often deservedly) feel irrationally crippling levels of schizo pressure and anxiety when they are put on the spot to make decisions that effect not just themselves, but everyone around them. It’s written all over Adrian that he’s this type of dude. These types of people are so dominated by the fear of “getting it wrong”, that they rob themselves of an opportunity to even come close to getting it right.

We all see it plain as day.

Giannis is young, and foreign, sure, but his radar ain’t sh!t if he imagined/envisioned that Adrian would make a great leader or a great head coach. Hopefully, Giannis learns a lot about improving his ability to judge character, or judge potential … and if he can’t … son just needs to let the org make all the choices.

rmt
01-25-2024, 08:42 AM
Giannis should stay out of GMing - look at his atrocious All-Star choices/selections. Maybe Nurse plays the players too many minutes and Giannis was afraid for Middleton. But Nurse won a ring and is doing a great job with Philly.

rmt
01-25-2024, 08:55 AM
And now the problem is compounded by hiring Doc. I still shake my head at him talking football to the Clips before game 7 or even that there was a game 7 :-(

FultzNationRISE
01-25-2024, 02:40 PM
Altho I still maintain the premise of this thread is legit, I now feel it was a bit harshly stated in hindsight when the guy could have family that reads the board and so on. The original point is valid but it was a bit much to take Griffin apart like that. If the mods wanna delete the thread feel free.

beasted
01-25-2024, 09:26 PM
@BareberSchool and FultzNationRISE

I think at the end of the day, your opinions are both misdirected. There's a difference between a rookie coach with room to grow and/or a less than ideal fit personality-wise and someone who is unqualified.

Griffin is qualified for the job. Best fit for Milwaukee? Probably not the best, clearly. He needed to improve their defense and the pressure to perform clearly was getting to him. As Kurt Helin from NBC Sports put it:

When Adrian Griffin and the Bucks were in LA during the preseason, he said he didn't want to fix what wasn't broke, just wanted to tweak things. He didn't listen to his own advice, doing things like overhauling the defense.

Yes, rookie mistakes, but they also seem to have a rookie GM as it relates to managing and developing a coach. Again, I question how much he tried to work with him or even work with Bud on strategy. Instead I think the GM is looking for a skape-goat and to save himself.

As far as the video, I saw absolutely nothing in that press conference to indicate someone who fundamentally misunderstood the plot. Everything he said was rational. Could it have been conveyed with better articulation and clarity for the audience? Yes, but again, he's a rookie coach. Obviously, he needs to get used to holding press conferences and get better at how he portrays himself in them. The guy holds a doctorate, so to insinuate he lacks the professional intelligence to do the job again is absurd.

As a point of comparison, comparing Spo in his rookie season and now 15 years later, he's light years different as a coach and with the press. In his rookie season this guy literally said in a post-game press conference that I remember clear as day "the final play was to give the ball to Wade and tell everyone else to get the F out of the way". And I'm not joking about that whatsoever, F-bomb included. Maybe YouTube has it if you want to fact check that. On paper Spo was much less qualified than Griffin when he got his chance. Systematically, by comparison rookie Spo was incompetent as a coach.

So, yes, Griffin is absolutely qualified and was not hired for any wrong reasons. It just didn't work out as ideally as it could have. But I think he did enough to warrant more good will and help from the front office if they really wanted it to work.

beasted
01-25-2024, 09:33 PM
The TLDR version of my last post:

If Griffin was hired as the coach of literally almost any other team that wasn't "required" to be the #1 seed and win the Finals at the minimum, he may have been fine to develop and improve over time.

rmt
01-26-2024, 12:16 AM
The TLDR version of my last post:

If Griffin was hired as the coach of literally almost any other team that wasn't "required" to be the #1 seed and win the Finals at the minimum, he may have been fine to develop and improve over time.

But he was hired for such a team - and since they have such expectations, he should NOT have been hired - cannot waste yet another year of Giannis' prime on coaching mistakes. They have the personnel to win and it's now gonna be difficult for a new coach to come in so late in the season and win a championship.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2024, 12:40 AM
So, yes, Griffin is absolutely qualified and was not hired for any wrong reasons. It just didn't work out as ideally as it could have. But I think he did enough to warrant more good will and help from the front office if they really wanted it to work.
He clearly isn't.

beasted
01-26-2024, 12:40 AM
But he was hired for such a team - and since they have such expectations, he should NOT have been hired - cannot waste yet another year of Giannis' prime on coaching mistakes. They have the personnel to win and it's now gonna be difficult for a new coach to come in so late in the season and win a championship.

But that's not what's being argued by the OP and some here. For those who want to debate whether he was the most ideal guy for the job, that's fine. I have no beef or disagreement in saying that so far he wasn't a perfect fit comparing him to say Joe Mazzula or Kerr or Nurse that hit the ground running as a rookie coach of a 2nd round or better playoff team with high expectations.

But rather, the premise of this thread alluded to one or more of the following concepts which I do in fact disagree with:

1. He is unqualified for any head coaching jobs (IE: "What were they thinking, were they out of their mind?!" ).
2. This may have been a hire guided by factors other than his experience, track record, recommendations, and education (See: race, personal influence, etc).
3. He failed so miserably in his short time that he deserved to be fired immediately otherwise the team was at a high degree of risk if they continued.

I flat out disagree with any of those 3 ideas.

beasted
01-26-2024, 12:41 AM
He clearly isn't.

Performance ≠ Qualification.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2024, 12:47 AM
Performance ≠ Qualification.
In Griffin's last game they showed Giannis on the bench drawing up a play, dude had no idea what to do.

warriorfan
01-26-2024, 12:56 AM
But that's not what's being argued by the OP and some here. For those who want to debate whether he was the most ideal guy for the job, that's fine. I have no beef or disagreement in saying that so far he wasn't a perfect fit comparing him to say Joe Mazzula or Kerr or Nurse that hit the ground running as a rookie coach of a 2nd round or better playoff team with high expectations.

But rather, the premise of this thread alluded to one or more of the following concepts which I do in fact disagree with:

1. He is unqualified for any head coaching jobs (IE: "What were they thinking, were they out of their mind?!" ).
2. This may have been a hire guided by factors other than his experience, track record, recommendations, and education (See: race, personal influence, etc).
3. He failed so miserably in his short time that he deserved to be fired immediately otherwise the team was at a high degree of risk if they continued.

I flat out disagree with any of those 3 ideas.

1 is debatable I guess but there is certainly a good amount of evidence for 2 and 3

beasted
01-26-2024, 12:57 AM
In Griffin's last game they showed Giannis on the bench drawing up a play, dude had no idea what to do.

Instead of Spo getting the Big 3 in his 3rd year of coaching instead of his 1st, people would have likely said the same thing about him, and he would have surely been fired. We saw that the superstar personality of LeBron nearly pushed him off the cliff.

Wade saved his job, and by contrast, Riley had the skills to work with him and develop Spo on the job. The Bucks are a totally different organization by contrast with a 40 year old GM with no playing experience or coaching experience.

That doesn't mean Spo back then or Griffin now are not qualified.

beasted
01-26-2024, 01:03 AM
1 is debatable I guess but there is certainly a good amount of evidence for 2 and 3

I'm not even going to listen to any BS fabricated conspiracy theories for #2.

But I'm open to hearing out #3. If everything went as planned are they supposed to have 3 more wins? 5 more? 10? A 100% winning record? I'd like to put tangible numbers factors and data to where the team should have been rather than the 2nd best record in the NBA with Middleton a shell of himself, Dame shooting like crap, and trading away the best defender on the team.

warriorfan
01-26-2024, 01:06 AM

But I'm open to hearing out #3. If everything went as planned are they supposed to have 3 more wins? 5 more? 10? A 100% winning record? I'd like to put tangible numbers factors and data to where the team should have been rather than the 2nd best record in the NBA with Middleton a shell of himself, Dame shooting like crap, and trading away the best defender on the team.

Ok you can dismiss 2. i’m not very emotionally invested in this

For 3 I think it shows that Win and Losses weren’t the problem here, there was something more underlying, we don’t have the information at hand, but something was up. we can say it is a conspiracy against the coach or whatever… but im pretty sure there was a reason.

FultzNationRISE
01-26-2024, 01:16 AM

So you think he was fired because he was black (you flatly made that assertion) but you think it’s “an absurd conspiracy” that he was hired because Giannis lobbied for him and Milwaukee felt uncomfortable rejecting Giannis’ black nomination.

Very consistent…

beasted
01-26-2024, 01:25 AM
So you think he was fired because he was black (you flatly made that assertion) but you think it’s “an absurd conspiracy” that he was hired because Giannis lobbied for him and Milwaukee felt uncomfortable rejecting Giannis’ black nomination.

Very consistent…

No, I don't think he was fired because he was black. I think there are plenty of white incompetent coaches who've received MUCH longer leashes while underperforming. I just put two and two together.

I'm not insane enough to believe that they would hire him just to fire him while paying this guy millions.

But I get that you're simple.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2024, 01:27 AM
Instead of Spo getting the Big 3 in his 3rd year of coaching instead of his 1st, people would have likely said the same thing about him, and he would have surely been fired. We saw that the superstar personality of LeBron nearly pushed him off the cliff.

Wade saved his job, and by contrast, Riley had the skills to work with him and develop Spo on the job. The Bucks are a totally different organization by contrast with a 40 year old GM with no playing experience or coaching experience.

That doesn't mean Spo back then or Griffin now are not qualified.

You know it's bad when the main reason you are hired is because the star player wanted you, but that same star player ended up turning on you early in the season. How the hell are you known as a defensive coach, but have your defense ranked #19 with Giannas & Lopez on the roster?

This isn't really a Spo situation. LeBron didn't know Spo when he first got to Miami, Giannis WANTED Griffin, but he still managed to somehow fck it up.

FultzNationRISE
01-26-2024, 01:33 AM
No, I don't think he was fired because he was black. I think there are plenty of white incompetent coaches who've received MUCH longer leashes while underperforming. I just put two and two together.

I'm not insane enough to believe that they would hire him just to fire him while paying this guy millions.

But I get that you're simple.

So if you think they got longer leashes for being white, then you believe he was fired this quickly because hes black.

These are mutually inclusive statements. This is freshman level logic.

In any event, you are quite obviously squirming and twisting, arguing the reality you wish to be true, (perfectly deserving, could have been great, fired cuz hes black) instead of what all the evidence suggests.

Thats a you issue and I wish you the best with it.

beasted
01-26-2024, 01:33 AM
Let me tell you how major multi million dollar corporations work, and as someone who's been very successful moving up and hiring and promoting hundreds of people.

At this level, if you're not qualified, you don't even get interviewed. Personal interests are not even a factor when you get this high up the chain. Griffin has been interviewed before for HC positions which by the bare minimum says he's qualified.

Where nepotism exists, there is no interview.

I've worked with several chief exec. They rarely have the time to "do favors" of interviewing guys who they aren't going to take seriously. You just simply have no idea what you're talking about when suggesting he only got a chance because of Giannis. He wouldn't have even gotten an interview unless the GM is EXCESSIVELY incompetent.

beasted
01-26-2024, 01:39 AM
You know it's bad when the main reason you are hired is because the star player wanted you, but that same star player ended up turning on you early in the season. How the hell are you known as a defensive coach, but have your defense ranked #19 with Giannas & Lopez on the roster?

This isn't really a Spo situation. LeBron didn't know Spo when he first got to Miami, Giannis WANTED Griffin, but he still managed to somehow fck it up.

See the quote I posted earlier from NBC sports. His mistake was a rookie mistake being too aggressive. Change happens slowly over time. You cannot come in hot with a major overhaul of the defense even if it was actually the winning strategy.

I've worked with organizations that I knew I had to first adopt the culture before I could change the culture.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2024, 01:40 AM
Let me tell you how major multi million dollar corporations work, and as someone who's been very successful moving up and hiring and promoting hundreds of people.

At this level, if you're not qualified, you don't even get interviewed. Personal interests are not even a factor when you get this high up the chain. Griffin has been interviewed before for HC positions which by the bare minimum says he's qualified.

I've worked with several chief exec. They rarely have the time to "do favors" of interviewing guys who they aren't going to take seriously. You just simply have no idea what you're talking about when suggesting he only got a chance because of Giannis. He wouldn't have even gotten an interview unless the GM is EXCESSIVELY incompetent.

Only problem is, in professional sports the people who hire head coaches are usually billionaire owners who often have little knowledge about the game.

beasted
01-26-2024, 01:45 AM
So if you think they got longer leashes for being white, then you believe he was fired this quickly because hes black.

These are mutually inclusive statements. This is freshman level logic.

In any event, you are quite obviously squirming and twisting, arguing the reality you wish to be true, (perfectly deserving, could have been great, fired cuz hes black) instead of what all the evidence suggests.

Thats a you issue and I wish you the best with it.

Uhhh, yeah, sure thing buddy. You've overpowered me with your logic and I'm running away. You win. :lol

If someone says "I deserve a raise" does that automatically mean they are not receiving the average pay for their position based on industry benchmarks? You have no idea what mutual inclusivity means.

beasted
01-26-2024, 01:47 AM
Only problem is, in professional sports the people who hire head coaches are usually billionaire owners who often have little knowledge about the game.

Like all major corps there's a board and there's people to answer to. I think the flaw in your logic is you believe it's literally just 1 or 2 people making this decision to hire him.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2024, 01:57 AM
And I believe in sports today, owners really value what the players say/want. You had Giannis wanting to hire Griffin, in the NFL you had the Raiders keep Antonio Pierce who has very little experience because the players like him and Maxx Crosby threatened to leave the team if Pierce didn't get retained, all while Jim Harbaugh who has a proven track record was available. I know this will come back and bite us in the ass.

beasted
01-26-2024, 02:06 AM
And I believe in sports today, owners really value what the players say/want. You had Giannis wanting to hire Griffin, in the NFL you had the Raiders keep Antonio Pierce who has very little experience because the players like him and Maxx Crosby threatened to leave the team if Pierce didn't get retained, all while Jim Harbaugh who has a proven track record was available. I know this will come back and bite us in the ass.

Rather than the revisionist history from recent articles, here's starting from a quote from an article way back in May:

Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo vouched for Adrian Griffin to become the franchise’s next head coach.

Per The Athletic's Shams Charania, Eric Nehm and Eric Koreen, Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton were invited by Bucks general manager Jon Horst to attend a dinner on Thursday night to discuss with the team's governorship group to discuss the head-coaching decision.

Charania, Nehm and Koreen noted Griffin was one of three finalists, along with former Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse, who withdrew from consideration on Saturday, and former Brooklyn Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson.

It's possible Giannis talked with players around the league and got the impression that Griffin would be a good coach to play for. But none of this alludes to the notion than Giannis handpicked him. He was one of the candidates already in the mix. Meaning he's inherently qualified.

beasted
01-26-2024, 02:13 AM
Except this goes out the window when there is a mandate to both interview and hire based on skin color.

If two qualified minority coaches apply and the league requires three minority coaches be interviewed, someone unqualified WILL be interviewed.

The league makes no secret of the fact it follows just such a process. They are very open about their mandate to have more black coaches.

There is no mandate for more nonblack players, and there certainly is no mandate for more black owners. But there is, FACTUALLY, a mandate for black coaches.

So your argument is dead. And you are a tard.

Ok right wing clown. I get it. All the bad things in the world are due to the coloreds.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2024, 02:23 AM
Rather than the revisionist history from recent articles, here's starting from a quote from an article way back in May:

It's possible Giannis talked with players around the league and got the impression that Griffin would be a good coach to play for. But none of this alludes to the notion than Giannis handpicked him. He was one of the candidates already in the mix. Meaning he's inherently qualified.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106356-nba-rumors-giannis-was-determined-to-see-bucks-hire-adrian-griffin-over-nick-nurse

According to NBA insider Marc Stein, Antetokounmpo "chose to champion Griffin" when the Bucks were choosing a new head coach during the past offseason after firing Mike Budenholzer.

While the Milwaukee Bucks stunned the NBA world and fired head coach Adrian Griffin on Tuesday, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, there was reportedly a time when Giannis Antetokounmpo was advocating for his hiring.

fsvr54
01-26-2024, 02:36 AM

So just cause rumors about practice exist mean they're true? People are so gullible

warriorfan
01-26-2024, 02:48 AM

Is it that far fetched to believe if a GM was worried about the biggest star they have ever had leaving and if the player wanted a certain coach…he would just go along and do it even if he had other ideas in mind?

iamgine
01-26-2024, 06:50 AM
A lot of times you cannot tell before the person has been on the job what his red flags are. And clearly Griffin's not terrible as shown by Milwaukee's record. I suspect he just had some...dealbreakers.

beasted
01-26-2024, 08:49 AM
Is it that far fetched to believe if a GM was worried about the biggest star they have ever had leaving and if the player wanted a certain coach…he would just go along and do it even if he had other ideas in mind?

No, it's not farfetched to think that of the pool of qualified candidates and/or finalists to consult your key stakeholders.

But I'll say this again though, the candidates needs to be qualified. Ultimately the GM, President, and key decision makers are at risk themselves for the decision to waste multiple millions of dollars that will now no longer reach the governorship's pockets. From my own experience, whenever someone fails epically, the first thing that is asked is "who hired that guy again?"

There is no "But, Giannis really liked him." Because the response is easily "well, what do I need you for, I'm just going to cut the strings and promote Giannis to GM/President/etc. since you're a puppet that can't make your own decisions."

This is why people generally don't do this favor crap at these high levels of the organization. They're at risk themselves of their head rolling.

beasted
01-26-2024, 08:55 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106356-nba-rumors-giannis-was-determined-to-see-bucks-hire-adrian-griffin-over-nick-nurse

According to NBA insider Marc Stein, Antetokounmpo "chose to champion Griffin" when the Bucks were choosing a new head coach during the past offseason after firing Mike Budenholzer.

While the Milwaukee Bucks stunned the NBA world and fired head coach Adrian Griffin on Tuesday, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, there was reportedly a time when Giannis Antetokounmpo was advocating for his hiring.

That's a recent article which changes the narrative. Please try to find an article from April/May that preceeds any articles of him being listed as someone they were interviewing. Only that would indicate they weren't even planning to interview him and Giannis was the catalyst behind this whole choice.

BarberSchool
01-26-2024, 12:43 PM
See the quote I posted earlier from NBC sports. His mistake was a rookie mistake being too aggressive. Change happens slowly over time. You cannot come in hot with a major overhaul of the defense even if it was actually the winning strategy.

I've worked with organizations that I knew I had to first adopt the culture before I could change the culture.
Dog Adrian was mis-applying Nick Nurse’s 2019 Toronto scheme (Adrian was an assistant on that team), by having both Lopez and Giannis blitz and trap ball handlers outside the 3pt line. The entire roster confronted Adrian about it, insisting that Lopez be in drop coverage, like he always was every year Budenholzer coached them, when Brook was a defensive player of the year candidate every year, and their defense was #1 from 2018-2020, and still #4 last year.

Adrian’s foolish mis-application of that scheme had the exact same frontcourt roster as low as 27th in points allowed, 25th in overall defensive rating, and bottom 7 in paint points allowed. Budenholzer with the same frontcourt players / rim protection talent, had them no lower than top 4 in those metrics.

Bucks didn’t do Adrian dirty.

Adrian’s stupidity, stubbornness, and lack of insight, inability to consider other staff creating working solutions to problems he himself created, poor decision making, and schizo paranoia about those brought in to help him (Terry Stotz, Doc Rivers) is what did Milwaukee dirty.

Adrian never deserved this chance. The previous 14 teams who didn’t consider a follow up interview had it right. Giannis advised the bucks wrong, by insisting he wanted Adrian over Nurse. Which makes the misapplication of Nurse’s 2019 scheme onto this roster, even more hilariously stupid.

warriorfan
01-26-2024, 12:54 PM
No, it's not farfetched to think that of the pool of qualified candidates and/or finalists to consult your key stakeholders.

But I'll say this again though, the candidates needs to be qualified. Ultimately the GM, President, and key decision makers are at risk themselves for the decision to waste multiple millions of dollars that will now no longer reach the governorship's pockets. From my own experience, whenever someone fails epically, the first thing that is asked is "who hired that guy again?"

There is no "But, Giannis really liked him." Because the response is easily "well, what do I need you for, I'm just going to cut the strings and promote Giannis to GM/President/etc. since you're a puppet that can't make your own decisions."

This is why people generally don't do this favor crap at these high levels of the organization. They're at risk themselves of their head rolling.

So you are saying teams NEVER make pressured and rash decisions because they have share holders

lol. ok

if you want to play semantics with the term qualified, ok he was technically “qualified”. He just ended up being shitty and got canned. He got hooked up with a job and failed. It’s pretty cut and dry.

BarberSchool
01-26-2024, 12:56 PM
A lot of times you cannot tell before the person has been on the job what his red flags are. And clearly Griffin's not terrible as shown by Milwaukee's record. I suspect he just had some...dealbreakers.Bucks were 30-13 despite Griffin idiocy, Not because of him.

A high school coach knows not to use the best rim protector in the league (Lopez) 30ft away from the bucket in blitz/trap. Adrian literally mis-applied Nick Nurse 2019 Toronto scheme onto a roster it wasn’t designed for.

This isn’t like Adrian dreamed up this idea himself and conceived it specifically for this roster, he copied and pasted it lazily, on a roster which knew from jump it was wrong for them, and confronted Adrian about it and forced him to change it putting Brook back in drop coverage so he can do what he does best.

Even worse, Adrian insisted that scheme would force more turnovers and fast break points, enough to offset the occasional layups in gave up with Brook nowhere near the paint. It didn’t the opposite. Most of “Adrian’s ideas” for this roster weren’t even his own, and didn’t fit the roster. Son should have NEVER got this chance to show what a mentally lazy moron he was. Blame Giannis for insisting Bucks hire Adrian instead of Nick Nurse.

BarberSchool
01-26-2024, 12:58 PM
So just cause rumors about practice exist mean they're true? People are so gullible
Rumors ???????

GTFOH. Y’all MF are in denial of reality.
Everything I typed in this thread was reported by dozens of sources. Take it up with Shams, Marc Stein, etc LMMFAO, y’all in denial like a MF

NICCA HER HIV TEST CAME BACK POSITIVE !!!!
DELETE HER CONTACT IMMEDIATELY.
That’s what the bucks did.
Y’all nuts.

BarberSchool
01-26-2024, 01:04 PM

I flat out disagree with any of those 3 ideas.THE NICCA HAD BROOK LOPEZ (#1 rim protector in the league by many different metrics, including FG% against, blocked shots, changed shots, etc) IN MF BLITZ/TRAPS.

How stupid can you be ?
Stop defending him.

It’s like Adrian didn’t understand the simple physics on a man Brook Lopez size, and that no matter how much he hustles, once he commits 285lbs in a forward posture, 30ft away from the rim, he isn’t gonna be able to get back to the paint faster than a pass or two can get there. It’s total idiocy. Bud had Brook as defensive player of year candidate every year.

BarberSchool
01-26-2024, 01:44 PM
Related development:

Unlike Griffin, who was paranoid/schizo, that his assistants that are brought in to advise/consult/help him (Terry Stotts, Doc Rivers) are going to undermine and replace him (sorta Nostradamus his own fate here lol)….

… Doc, despite already verbally committing to the Bucks, is making sure the Bucks sign all the best help he can bring to Milwaukee, prior to officially signing on the line himself:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/dave-joerger-rex-kalamian-set-to-join-bucks-coaching-staff.html

Bucks defensive rating, standings, metrics are gonna be much much better by the end of the season. The roster has superior talent, now they may actually be able to get it done again, with Griffin and his stupid scheme of using rim protectors heavily as blitz/trap guys, and his other emotional/schizo/personality baggage, out the way.

tpols
01-26-2024, 01:59 PM
Related development:

Unlike Griffin, who was paranoid/schizo, that his assistants that are brought in to advise/consult/help him (Terry Stotts, Doc Rivers) are going to undermine and replace him (sorta Nostradamus his own fate here lol)….

… Doc, despite already verbally committing to the Bucks, is making sure the Bucks sign all the best help he can bring to Milwaukee, prior to officially signing on the line himself:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/dave-joerger-rex-kalamian-set-to-join-bucks-coaching-staff.html

Bucks defensive rating, standings, metrics are gonna be much much better by the end of the season. The roster has superior talent, now they may actually be able to get it done again, with Griffin and his stupid scheme of using rim protectors heavily as blitz/trap guys, and his other emotional/schizo/personality baggage, out the way.

Playoff Doc Rivers is something to look out for. :lol

Bucks are loaded though.

beasted
01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
So you are saying teams NEVER make pressured and rash decisions because they have share holders

lol. ok

if you want to play semantics with the term qualified, ok he was technically “qualified”. He just ended up being shitty and got canned. He got hooked up with a job and failed. It’s pretty cut and dry.

No, never decisions that big. Drafting Shabazz Napier? Sure. Signing Thanasis when he's not an NBA player? Of course. Letting friends or family have low level positions or fly with the team? Why not?

Hiring a guy to literally lead your billion dollar organization to a place that over 1/3rd of the league hasn't been - An NBA title or bust?

Like I said, if that's truly the case, the GM should absolutely fire himself, and chief governor should forfeit the lost salary out of his own personal finances to knowingly cost stakeholders in this way.

beasted
01-26-2024, 03:23 PM
Rumors ???????

GTFOH. Y’all MF are in denial of reality.
Everything I typed in this thread was reported by dozens of sources. Take it up with Shams, Marc Stein, etc LMMFAO, y’all in denial like a MF

NICCA HER HIV TEST CAME BACK POSITIVE !!!!
DELETE HER CONTACT IMMEDIATELY.
That’s what the bucks did.
Y’all nuts.

How old are you fam? You're taking this way too seriously. Ignore me if you bet serious money though

Norcaliblunt
01-26-2024, 05:10 PM
Fultz is a perfect “example” of a person who came to California ready to suck dick and get any movie role he thought he could but was turned down so he writes periodicals on ISH.

BarberSchool
01-26-2024, 05:35 PM
How old are you fam? You're taking this way too seriously. Ignore me if you bet serious money though
Early 30’s ….

I’m taking it more serious than you are…
… is that too serious ? Lol

So you wouldn’t possibly bother to know intricate details about something UNLESS you were gambling on it ? Wouldn’t you just care what the truth was, even if you didn’t gamble ?

Norcaliblunt
01-26-2024, 05:49 PM
Bottom line is Fultz would suck a dick to get hired but the big wigs didn’t want his head that’s why he’s pissed. Lol

FultzNationRISE
01-26-2024, 05:54 PM
Bottom line is Fultz would suck a dick to get hired but the big wigs didn’t want his head that’s why he’s pissed. Lol

You have female emotions.

tontoz
01-26-2024, 05:56 PM

Actually he would do that for free with Lebron and has been for years.

FultzNationRISE
01-26-2024, 06:04 PM
Actually he would do that for free with Lebron and has been for years.

^ This guy gets it

Norcaliblunt
01-26-2024, 06:07 PM
You have female emotions.

Ok but you are a wannabe reality TV star from middle America.

Lmao.,