PDA

View Full Version : Derrick White is a championship caliber player. He is a needle mover.

Mask the Embiid
12-30-2023, 08:20 AM
Any team he is on he will make them better. It’s only 2 players in the entire league who I can say that about now that Klay Thompson has aged out. That is Kevin Durant and Derrick white. Any team they are on they would make them better. They can play in any system. they are offensive amebas

Derrick needs to drop those zeroes and get with a hero.

https://i.postimg.cc/t4N1nNnn/IMG-1230.jpg

He will never win with Tatum and brown. They aren’t championship level players as “the guy”.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2023, 09:00 AM
This new Derrick White obsession taking over basketball is so weird... good for him though. Maybe he actually will make the allstar team after all. That would be cool.

Proctor
12-30-2023, 10:51 AM
This new Derrick White obsession taking over basketball is so weird... good for him though. Maybe he actually will make the allstar team after all. That would be cool.
I'd be happy if Jeff didn't delete all my old posts pumping him up when he was putting up little numbers for the Spurs in spot minutes.

He is a dream roleplayer though...he took over that position from Patty Mills who went for starting for Brooklyn to never seeing a minute of playing time in Atlanta. I hope Boston gets him tbh.

iamgine
12-30-2023, 11:02 AM
He's Celtic's 3rd best player after Tatum and Porzingis.

Wardell Curry
12-30-2023, 11:24 AM

I haven't been watching the C's but if he's better than Brown and Holiday as you claim that should be a title winning team this year.

FireDavidKahn
12-30-2023, 11:24 AM
The Phoenix Suns superteam is 16-15

ShawkFactory
12-30-2023, 11:42 AM

It’s tough to say. Obviously Brown and Holiday are great as well.

No one seems to really talk much about it but this Celtics team, or at least top 6, is one of the most stacked we’ve seen in years.

Their 5th best player is a legit all star type guy. Whoever you decide the 5th best is.

Wally450
12-30-2023, 11:57 AM
Derrick White is an all star and all nba player as of this moment.

I had a chat with my friend and said you could make a legit argument that Derrick White is the Celtics' best player. If you think that's a little much, you could say he's the most important player on the team.

ImKobe
12-30-2023, 12:09 PM
Derrick White is an all star and all nba player as of this moment.

I had a chat with my friend and said you could make a legit argument that Derrick White is the Celtics' best player. If you think that's a little much, you could say he's the most important player on the team.

White's On/Off numbers are ridiculous so I'm kinda leaning towards your take as well. I'd definitely put him over Brown & Jrue in terms of importance right now, can't say he's a better player than Tatum or KP but just based on the season so far you have to treat White like a star player.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2023, 03:46 PM
To me Derrick White is the player Delonte West would have been if not for the mental health issues. Great defender, good shooter, good enough ball handler to play point guard and doesn't make mistakes. I disagree with the idea that he's somehow better than Tatum or Brown but I like to see him get positive attention so I'm not going to argue about it with any effort.

ILLsmak
12-30-2023, 04:01 PM

It would. I don't mind being wrong, either. There is some low key hate from some people, but I am genuinely impressed. I didn't think he could do what he's doing now. It's not even about stats or anything. It's just about balling right. I saw him clutch out many 3s and get great stops, but he really has become a guy like Klay (tho not with the same skillset.) Someone who any team would want. Dude going in and hitting all those wild floaters is hilarious to watch. He's a pretty crafty dude. He just spotted before because that was his role. Now that the team spacing is different, he's benefited immensely + he's gotten better (imo.) That and he got rid of that dumb hair haha.

I got a feeling he won't make the all star team tho, which does suck for him. MIP? It hasn't been a huge statistical leap, but he's really turned into a guy I would want with the ball in his hands, even on the Cs.

His stats are actually pretty ****ing good too tho. True 1+ blk 1+ steal is sexy.

-Smak

Airupthere
12-31-2023, 01:48 AM
White’s bball IQ is the opposite of Jaylen’s and Tatum’s. Both jacking up stupid shots all the time.

ShawkFactory
12-31-2023, 02:46 AM
To me Derrick White is the player Delonte West would have been if not for the mental health issues. Great defender, good shooter, good enough ball handler to play point guard and doesn't make mistakes. I disagree with the idea that he's somehow better than Tatum or Brown but I like to see him get positive attention so I'm not going to argue about it with any effort.

That's a good call honestly. Hadn't thought of that before.

Delonte, dumb as he was, played fairly intelligently a lot of the time and was a sound overall player. He was just in his head too much and folded when things got difficult.

warriorfan
12-31-2023, 06:07 AM
White has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. He makes plays during pivotal parts of the game. He’s a competitor, he’s clutch. I haven’t looked it up but if his impact stats are a lot better than his box it’s because of that. I hate that light bulb head mf’er but I wish he was on our team.