PDA

View Full Version : So Jokic has entered the “Given ____ free throws” conversation.

Kblaze8855
12-25-2023, 10:33 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2312260750420378.jpeg

Kblaze8855
12-25-2023, 10:35 PM
Kerr has thoughts as well

https://twitter.com/clutchpoints/status/1739412037808394409?s=46&t=6wC01e_jvrTUpW4eOxrXKA

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2312260805020389.jpeg

ArbitraryWater
12-25-2023, 10:38 PM
That wasnt on Jokic though. That was about the 2nd half in general.

I didnt see it but everything he said sounds right to me.

Axe
12-25-2023, 10:58 PM
Christmas just really hasn't been kind to chef, it seems. :ohwell:

Wally450
12-25-2023, 11:22 PM
They won. Why are they worried about how many Fts Jokic shot?

beasted
12-26-2023, 01:33 AM
They won. Why are they worried about how many Fts Jokic shot?

Nope, they lost.

BarberSchool
12-26-2023, 10:03 AM
Jokic only averages like 6 FTA per game….there are like 20 players who get more free throws than him…. Embiid and Giannis both get 11+ free throws per game. Almost twice what Jokic gets. Nobody is close to Embiid or Giannis...

“Entering that Dwyane Wade 2006 finals conversation” is way over the top. There has to be a pattern before any serious person lumps a player into that conversation. This was one game on Christmas no less (with veteran officials getting the day off), not some grand conspiracy to help Jokic all the time with extra FTA.

Kerr is right, it’s disgusting when players are able to bait refs into fouls. But everyone does it, all the way back to Mike slapping/clapping his own hand on acrobatic layups and reverse layups, in a sort of clapping motion upon release…. To take advantage of refs in the late 80’s and early 90’s whose reflexes kicked in with auditory feedback. LeBron for 20 years has been bulldozing into defenders and throwing his head back when he didn’t get hit. Chris Paul been led the NBA all time in fouls drawn in the backcourt. Harden hooked limbs in the lane for almost an entire decade before they cleaned that up.

If anything, Jokic phoned it in lazily for a Christmas game, finally got hella free throws out of a B-rate officiating squad, and you had a few drinks in you, and overreacted like this is some crutch helping Jokic…. Son only averages 6 free throws a game man. Chill.

Kblaze8855
12-26-2023, 10:57 AM
“Entering that Dwyane Wade 2006 finals conversation” is way over the top. There has to be a pattern before any serious person lumps a player into that

Personally I don’t care. I’ve been laughing at people posting free throw numbers from interior players as if it’s a coincidence the players who play physically take free throws in leagues that are anti defense for decades.

It’s just funny to see some of the names that get thrown into it as if the league is sending memos to make some random guy take a bunch of free throws. Especially against some other team with stars…sometimes bigger stars…who don’t. Like the league is looking to prop up Jokic instead of Steph who is way more popular and marketable.

Wally450
12-26-2023, 01:06 PM
Nope, they lost.

Yea, I'm an idiot. :facepalm I had family over and was just screen peeking a bit here and there. He has a case then.

kentatm
12-26-2023, 01:52 PM
lol at Kerr crying about FTs when in the playoffs Draymond has been allowed to do whatever the **** he wants for the better part of a decade even though he should’ve been tossed in 90% of their games for abusing the hell out of the refs and his multitude of cheap AF fouls that magically get called common even though he’s hitting people w/flagrants all the damn time.

elementally morale
12-26-2023, 02:01 PM
It wasn't even a basketball game. Just some lazy, non-caring players being out there not really wanting to win the game until the last 5 minutes and a coin toss every possession. The 1st half was even worse but sure, this many FTs ruin the game. It happens all the time though. This time it happened to Jokic but it's surprising only because it rarely happens to the Nuggets and almost never to Jokic. An overall ugly game with two teams not deserving the win at the same time.