Penny Taylor (PLA)*
Andrei Kirilenko (PLA)*
Michele Timms (PLA)*
Vladimir Kondrashin (COA)
Amaya Valdemore (PLA)*
Marcos Leite (PLA)
Ranko Zeravica (COA)

WOMEN’S VETERAN NOMINEES

1982 Cheyney State NCAA Final Four Team (TEA)
Lometa Odom (PLA)
Alline Banks Sprouse (PLA)
Harley Redin (COA)
Edmonton Commercial Grads (TEA)
Hazel Walker (PLA)
John Head (COA)
Valerie Walker (PLA)
Yolanda Laney (PLA)
Dean Weese (COA)
Nashville Business College (TEA)

VETERAN NOMINEES

1936 US Olympic Team (TEA)
Bill Melchionni (PLA)
1972 US Olympic Team (TEA)
Francis Meehan (PLA)
Dick Barnett (PLA)
Lucias Mitchell (COA)
Tom Blackburn (COA)
Joe Mullaney (COA)
Charles Brown (PLA)*
Willie Naulls (PLA)
Freddie Brown (PLA)
Ben Newman (CONT)*
Jack Coleman (PLA)
Don Otten (PLA)*
Leroy Edwards (PLA)
Louis Pieri (CONT)*
Leo Ferris (CONT)
Kevin Porter (PLA)
Travis Grant (PLA)
Glenn Roberts (PLA)
Jack Hartman (COA)
Lennie Rosenbluth (PLA)
Cam Henderson (COA)
Kenny Sailors (PLA)
Robert Hopkins (PLA)
Fred Schaus (CONT)
Charles Keinath (PLA)
Sam Schulman (CONT)
Greg Kelser (PLA)
Paul Silas (PLA)
Kentucky Wesleyan 1966, 1968, 1969 (TEA)
Dick Van Arsdale (PLA)
Loyola of Chicago (TEA)
Tom Van Arsdale (PLA)
Dan Lynch (COA)*
Cleo Vaughn (PLA)*
Billy Markward (CONT)
Lambert Will (CONT)
Jack McKinney (CONT)

pandiani17
12-22-2023, 01:27 PM
What are names like Nocioni or Oberto doing in the international list?:biggums: No disrespect, they were great players in the Euroleague and they won the 2004 Olympics but they are not Hall of Fame material.

Xiao Yao You
12-22-2023, 01:28 PM
What are names like Nocioni or Oberto doing in the international list?:biggums: No disrespect, they were great players in the Euroleague and they won the 2004 Olympics but they are not Hall of Fame material.

Oberto certainly isn't. Nocioni was arguably as good as some of the other international players in there like Kukoc

L.Kizzle
12-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Pretty weak class IMO. NBA wise, Vince is the only lock. Augustus and Cheryl Ford most likely make it for the ladies.

SaltyMeatballs
12-22-2023, 01:51 PM
One of the weakest classes I've seen

L.Kizzle
12-22-2023, 01:55 PM
One of the weakest classes I've seen

I hope they don't try and stick the Redeem Team on there. They don't deserve it and 3 of the guys are still playing. Smh.

John8204
12-22-2023, 09:13 PM
I like that Bill and Cooper are likely going in this year at the same time. Those guys have 12 championships between them as players and coaches.

L.Kizzle
12-22-2023, 11:29 PM
I like that Bill and Cooper are likely going in this year at the same time. Those guys have 12 championships between them as players and coaches.
Opens the door for 100+ entries once you add a guy like Cooper.
Now Tayshsun Prince is in. Vinnie Johnson. Cedric Maxwell.

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 12:23 AM
I can’t believe Curly Neal isn’t already in. Feels like all the classic globetrotters would be.

RRR3
12-23-2023, 12:27 AM
Vince, Billups and Marques Johnson are HOFers in my book. I think I'd vote for Shawn Marion tbh, but I doubt he'll make it.

L.Kizzle
12-23-2023, 12:52 AM
I can’t believe Curly Neal isn’t already in. Feels like all the classic globetrotters would be.
Good catch.
Only four players known as Globetrotters (not counting Wilt and Connie Hawkins) Meadowlark, Haynes, Tatum and Pops Gates are in as separate player.

John8204
12-23-2023, 04:49 AM
Opens the door for 100+ entries once you add a guy like Cooper.
Now Tayshsun Prince is in. Vinnie Johnson. Cedric Maxwell.

Well they have to open to door to fill out the classes. You don't want it to be like the MLB Hall of fame where the players line is absurdly high while everybody gets in randomly. I think the idea that this opens the door for a hundred players is a little silly...I think it's closer 40-50. Mark Jackson, Robert Horry, Mark Aguirre Iggy, and Derrick Rose are going to be in the discussion now and I don't think that's a bad thing

Xiao Yao You
12-23-2023, 08:53 AM
Well they have to open to door to fill out the classes. You don't want it to be like the MLB Hall of fame where the players line is absurdly high while everybody gets in randomly. I think the idea that this opens the door for a hundred players is a little silly...I think it's closer 40-50. Mark Jackson, Robert Horry, Mark Aguirre Iggy, and Derrick Rose are going to be in the discussion now and I don't think that's a bad thing

it's a bad thing. Their hall is already a joke. Don't want it to start looking like the rafters in the Lakers arena. Mark Jackson wasn't even ever an all star was he? Had a lot of assists and was a good player not one of the greats

L.Kizzle
12-23-2023, 10:20 AM
Derrick Rose is the only Hall of Famer you listed. Aguirre is a possibility but at the lower end.
If we let Mark Jackson in, we have to let Phill Chenier in. We have to let Penny in. Amare or Mark Price haven't even been nominated but Iggy gets in or Robert Horry. Why Horry, because he's hit a few 3's well so has Steve Kerr and John Paxson.
That's how we'd get to 100+ additional players in the Hall going by that logic.

Jasper
12-23-2023, 11:24 PM
lamassbeer should be thug HOF not bball hof.

But he was a pretty good coach for the girls.

Axe
12-23-2023, 11:41 PM
If allen iverson is said to be 'top 20 all-time' amongst braindead buffoons, then anyone with a worthy career can be eligible on being inducted into the hof.

John8204
12-24-2023, 07:16 AM
Derrick Rose is the only Hall of Famer you listed. Aguirre is a possibility but at the lower end.
If we let Mark Jackson in, we have to let Phill Chenier in. We have to let Penny in. Amare or Mark Price haven't even been nominated but Iggy gets in or Robert Horry. Why Horry, because he's hit a few 3's well so has Steve Kerr and John Paxson.
That's how we'd get to 100+ additional players in the Hall going by that logic.

Steve Kerr is making the Hall of Fame...Horry has seven rings on three teams and big shot Bob was a huge factor in those titles. As for Mark Jackson...he's got 10K assists that should be enough. That list is Magic, Lebron CPIII, Kidd, Stockton and Nash...all top 75 players.

Street Hunger
12-24-2023, 08:51 AM
Not happy for Laimbeer.

And it seems like a weak class!

John8204
12-24-2023, 09:10 AM
Not happy for Laimbeer.

And it seems like a weak class!

Why not happy for Laimbeer...Draymond is going in for basically being the lesser version of Bill. Bill drew more fouls and rarely if ever got suspended.

I'm not against the Basketball Hall of Fame establishing the floor over the next few classes...

Ralph Sampson
Points 7,039 (15.4 ppg)
Rebounds 4,011 (8.8 rpg)
Blocks 752 (1.6 bpg)

Bill Laimbeer
Points 13,790 (12.9 ppg)
Rebounds 10,400 (9.7 rpg)
Assists 2,184 (2.0 apg)

Vlade Divac
Points 13,398 (11.8 ppg)
Rebounds 9,326 (8.2 rpg)
Blocks 1,631 (1.4 bpg)

Ben Wallace
Points 6,254 (5.7 ppg)
Rebounds 10,482 (9.6 rpg)
Blocks 2,137 (2.0 bpg)

Bill Walton
Points 6,215 (13.3 ppg)
Rebounds 4,923 (10.5 rpg)
Assists 1,590 (3.4 apg)

If you are going to induct a sixth man first ballot...why not Bill who is still a legend in the sport

Street Hunger
12-24-2023, 09:23 AM
Fantastic post by John, above!

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 09:29 AM
Why not happy for Laimbeer...Draymond is going in for basically being the lesser version of Bill. Bill drew more fouls and rarely if ever got suspended.

I'm not against the Basketball Hall of Fame establishing the floor over the next few classes...

Ralph Sampson
Points 7,039 (15.4 ppg)
Rebounds 4,011 (8.8 rpg)
Blocks 752 (1.6 bpg)

Bill Laimbeer
Points 13,790 (12.9 ppg)
Rebounds 10,400 (9.7 rpg)
Assists 2,184 (2.0 apg)

Vlade Divac
Points 13,398 (11.8 ppg)
Rebounds 9,326 (8.2 rpg)
Blocks 1,631 (1.4 bpg)

Ben Wallace
Points 6,254 (5.7 ppg)
Rebounds 10,482 (9.6 rpg)
Blocks 2,137 (2.0 bpg)

Bill Walton
Points 6,215 (13.3 ppg)
Rebounds 4,923 (10.5 rpg)
Assists 1,590 (3.4 apg)

If you are going to induct a sixth man first ballot...why not Bill who is still a legend in the sport

Bill wasn't a 6th man. You could argue none of those guys should be in either. Just lowering the standards even more

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 09:30 AM
Steve Kerr is making the Hall of Fame...Horry has seven rings on three teams and big shot Bob was a huge factor in those titles. As for Mark Jackson...he's got 10K assists that should be enough. That list is Magic, Lebron CPIII, Kidd, Stockton and Nash...all top 75 players.

Mark Jackson has the assists not the greatness. Horry has the rings nor the greatness

John8204
12-24-2023, 10:01 AM
Bill wasn't a 6th man. You could argue none of those guys should be in either. Just lowering the standards even more

I'm talking about Manu who got in last year. Manu who I love was a great bench guy but putting him in first chance you get and dragging your feet for 30 years on the captain of the GOAT team in my eyes is absurd.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 10:16 AM
I'm talking about Manu who got in last year. Manu who I love was a great bench guy but putting him in first chance you get and dragging your feet for 30 years on the captain of the GOAT team in my eyes is absurd.

Manu is one of the greats. The Pistons weren't a goat team

BurningHammer
12-24-2023, 07:20 PM
Definitely Vince and Coach Messina.

L.Kizzle
12-24-2023, 07:59 PM
Steve makes it as a coach, not a player. Come on.

Mark Jackson played 100 years. He should have that many assist.

Horry has played with four top 12ish players, and two other top 50 players. He's never even been the 3rd best player on a team.
PS. He was the main piece in the Barkley to Houston from Suns trade. He went on to stink up the joint avg 6.9 ppg and under 4 rebounds a game before weaseling his way out to LA.

John8204
12-24-2023, 08:12 PM
Steve makes it as a coach, not a player. Come on.

I didn't bring him up you did...if you are having trouble coming up with exambles of guys that aren't HOF's maybe you should look at that.

Mark Jackson played 100 years. He should have that many assist.

Well he played 20 seasons...and perhaps playing that many seasons should put you on the short list/discussion. When we look at the top ten in Rebounding, Scoring, and Assists...29 of them are in the hall or going into the hall.

Horry has played with four top 12ish players, and two other top 50 players. He's never even been the 3rd best player on a team.
PS. He was the main piece in the Barkley to Houston from Suns trade. He went on to stink up the joint avg 6.9 ppg and under 4 rebounds a game before weaseling his way out to LA.

Pippen played with three of the top 50 players of all time. Big Shot Bob is one of only handful players to have rings with three different teams. Bob is in the top ten of rings...and that is not as a bench player he was a major factor in getting those titles through his clutch shots. We just inducted a bench over the starter on the first ballot without a second thought.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 08:17 PM
I didn't bring him up you did...if you are having trouble coming up with exambles of guys that aren't HOF's maybe you should look at that.

Well he played 20 seasons...and perhaps playing that many seasons should put you on the short list/discussion. When we look at the top ten in Rebounding, Scoring, and Assists...29 of them are in the hall or going into the hall.

Pippen played with three of the top 50 players of all time. Big Shot Bob is one of only handful players to have rings with three different teams. Bob is in the top ten of rings...and that is not as a bench player he was a major factor in getting those titles through his clutch shots. We just inducted a bench over the starter on the first ballot without a second thought.

might as well put Udonis Haslem in too. Need tougher guidelines not weaker ones

John8204
12-24-2023, 08:44 PM
might as well put Udonis Haslem in too. Need tougher guidelines not weaker ones

I would rather see Haslem on a short list than.....

Marv Kessler (COA)*
Rick Barnes (COA)*
John Beilein (COA)
Jim Larranaga (COA)
Mike Leonardo (COA)*
John Clougherty (REF)
Rollie Massimino (COA)
Bill Morse (COA)*
Joey Crawford (REF)
Dick Motta (COA)
Jack Nagle (COA)*
Jack Curran (COA)
Jim Phelan (COA)
Bo Ryan (COA)
Don Donoher (COA)*
Charles Smith (COA)*
Robert Foley (COA)*
Stan Spirou (COA)
Lou Henson (COA)
Jerry Welsh (COA)*

You could have cut this coach field in half and it would have been a decent lot. But 20+ coaches and refs on the short list...c'mon now

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 08:52 PM
I would rather see Haslem on a short list than.....

Marv Kessler (COA)*
Rick Barnes (COA)*
John Beilein (COA)
Jim Larranaga (COA)
Mike Leonardo (COA)*
John Clougherty (REF)
Rollie Massimino (COA)
Bill Morse (COA)*
Joey Crawford (REF)
Dick Motta (COA)
Jack Nagle (COA)*
Jack Curran (COA)
Jim Phelan (COA)
Bo Ryan (COA)
Don Donoher (COA)*
Charles Smith (COA)*
Robert Foley (COA)*
Stan Spirou (COA)
Lou Henson (COA)
Jerry Welsh (COA)*

You could have cut this coach field in half and it would have been a decent lot. But 20+ coaches and refs on the short list...c'mon now

Dick Motta for one had a lot of wins. Jerry Sloan, John Stockton and Karl Malone are in with Motta's offense

L.Kizzle
12-24-2023, 09:09 PM

I said Steve is not making it. You said he is.

Pippen and Horry is not a good comparison. Pippen has like 10 All Defensive selections as well as 7 All-Star games and so forth.
And Robert is actually a career bench player. He's started 480 games and played over 1100.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 09:12 PM

Pippen and Horry is not a good comparison. Pippen has like 10 All Defensive selections as well as 7 All-Star games and so forth.
And Robert is actually a career bench player. He's started 480 games and played over 1100.

and Horry didn't usually even start playing until after the all star break. He's not a HOFer

John8204
12-24-2023, 10:44 PM

I would say it's also a bad comparison because Horry played for 4 teams and won titles with 3 of them...Scottie played for 4 teams and only won with 1.

Look I get where you guys are coming from...all I'm saying is the Basketball Hall of Fame's floor needs to be handled better. We know the ceiling...top guys are obvious but the lower guys seem pretty random and I would like to see them do a better job establishing what the lowest tier Hall of Famers are.

John8204
12-24-2023, 10:46 PM
Dick Motta for one had a lot of wins. Jerry Sloan, John Stockton and Karl Malone are in with Motta's offense

That's great...does he need to be in a field with 19 other coaches or could you cut that in half and still have the same impact. Not saying coaches don't deserve to be on the short list but it needs to be a short list.

L.Kizzle
12-24-2023, 10:53 PM
I would say it's also a bad comparison because Horry played for 4 teams and won titles with 3 of them...Scottie played for 4 teams and only won with 1.

Look I get where you guys are coming from...all I'm saying is the Basketball Hall of Fame's floor needs to be handled better. We know the ceiling...top guys are obvious but the lower guys seem pretty random and I would like to see them do a better job establishing what the lowest tier Hall of Famers are.
You would win 7 championships of you played with Hakeem, Clyde, Shaq, Kobe and Duncan.

He got traded to Phoenix in his prime and couldn't get more minutes than Danny Manning and AC Green lol. But he supposed to be in the Hall.

And a lower level Hall of Famer is Jack Sikma or Guy Rogers.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 11:10 PM

it should only be top guys. That's the problem. Lowering the standards isn't doing anything but making it mean even less than it already does

John8204
12-24-2023, 11:27 PM
You would win 7 championships of you played with Hakeem, Clyde, Shaq, Kobe and Duncan.

Those guys are all-time greats but they also won titles because of Horry's clutch shooting. The only other guy to win titles with multiple teams who wasn't Lebron was a guy like John Salley....and teams didn't win titles because of Salley...those teams did win because of Bob.

it should only be top guys. That's the problem. Lowering the standards isn't doing anything but making it mean even less than it already does

I don't disagree with you that the Hall could have higher standards my issue is they don't and we have to properly contextualize the lower tier players.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Those guys are all-time greats but they also won titles because of Horry's clutch shooting. The only other guy to win titles with multiple teams who wasn't Lebron was a guy like John Salley....and teams didn't win titles because of Salley...those teams did win because of Bob.

I don't disagree with you that the Hall could have higher standards my issue is they don't and we have to properly contextualize the lower tier players.

actually John Salley and Rodman were huge additions to the Pistons when they joined them in '86. Like Horry role players on great teams

L.Kizzle
12-24-2023, 11:35 PM

You can't be a clutch shooter avg 6 ppg.
No offense goes through Horry. Has Horry ever had a play ran for him? He's literally in the right lace at the right time. Was watching that clip from Kings 2002 game. He was the only player not in the paint. Everyone crashed the board but him.

John8204
12-24-2023, 11:40 PM
actually John Salley and Rodman were huge additions to the Pistons when they joined them in '86. Like Horry role players on great teams

Yeah but that was just one team for Salley he wasn't a factor when the Bulls and Lakers won...certainly not on the same level as Horry. And when we're talking about the Pistons Salley is obviously not a hall of famer however Laimbeer, Aguirre, and Johnson are guys that should either be in the Hall or the conversation.

Xiao Yao You
12-24-2023, 11:46 PM
Yeah but that was just one team for Salley he wasn't a factor when the Bulls and Lakers won...certainly not on the same level as Horry. And when we're talking about the Pistons Salley is obviously not a hall of famer however Laimbeer, Aguirre, and Johnson are guys that should either be in the Hall or the conversation.

yeah Horry won more rings as a role player. Role players shouldn't be in the HOF. Vinnie Johnson certainly isn't a HOFer either. Great 6th man sure. Aquirre and Laimbeer maybe. All stars and starters anyway not mere role players. Rather they did it for a long enough period of time would be the question

John8204
12-25-2023, 02:37 AM
yeah Horry won more rings as a role player. Role players shouldn't be in the HOF. Vinnie Johnson certainly isn't a HOFer either. Great 6th man sure. Aquirre and Laimbeer maybe. All stars and starters anyway not mere role players. Rather they did it for a long enough period of time would be the question

Vinny would be the guy I would consider the line...to me Aguirre and Laimbeer should have been inducted. Aguirre was a top ten PPG player for many seasons in Dallas then he transitioned into more of a team guy which pushed Detroit over the edge.

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2023, 03:22 AM
Vinny would be the guy I would consider the line...to me Aguirre and Laimbeer should have been inducted. Aguirre was a top ten PPG player for many seasons in Dallas then he transitioned into more of a team guy which pushed Detroit over the edge.

he didn't push Detroit over the edge, They would have won it with Dantley

L.Kizzle
12-25-2023, 08:01 AM
That's gives the Bad Boy Pistons 6 Hall of Famers
Thomas
Dumars
Dantley
Rodman
And now Laimbeer and Aguirre
80s Celtics and Lakers have 5 each (6 if you count Tiny on the Celtics.)

Nowoco
12-25-2023, 08:16 AM
If Buck Williams gets in, 25 years after he retired then it takes this nonsense to even lower levels.

Probably the cheapest HoF in all sport. Or any HoF for that matter.

Nowoco
12-25-2023, 08:20 AM
Robert Horry shouldn't be in there but he's got a far bigger case and legacy than a lot of them who are.

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2023, 10:10 AM
If Buck Williams gets in, 25 years after he retired then it takes this nonsense to even lower levels.

Probably the cheapest HoF in all sport. Or any HoF for that matter.

again Buck was at least an all star. Best player on good Nets teams for a while if I remember. ROTY/all NBA/all D. Not just a mere role player like Horry

L.Kizzle
12-25-2023, 11:26 AM
Robert Horry shouldn't be in there but he's got a far bigger case and legacy than a lot of them who are.

Who I'm the Hall does he have a better legacy than? This should be good

Nowoco
12-25-2023, 03:33 PM
Who I'm the Hall does he have a better legacy than? This should be good

Stacks of players. Horry is obviously well known as a clutch performer. Some of his big moments are replayed all the time to this day. That alone puts his legacy ahead of many as people under 30 have actually seen his highlights and know who he is. He was also part of three legendary NBA champions/dynasties. You really think someone like Dino Radja has a bigger legacy than Horry?

Again, I'm not saying he should be in, but they let everyone and anyone in. It means nothing, especially to legit GOAT level players. When you're standing next to Mitch Richmond, how is it supposed to feel special?

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Stacks of players. Horry is obviously well known as a clutch performer. Some of his big moments are replayed all the time to this day. That alone puts his legacy ahead of many as people under 30 have actually seen his highlights and know who he is. He was also part of three legendary NBA champions/dynasties. You really think someone like Dino Radja has a bigger legacy than Horry?

Again, I'm not saying he should be in, but they let everyone and anyone in. It means nothing, especially to legit GOAT level players. When you're standing next to Mitch Richmond, how is it supposed to feel special?

Radja is in as one of the early Euros. Was a much better player too as was Mitch

L.Kizzle
12-25-2023, 09:43 PM

I'm a Robert Horry fan, but it must stop. Robert Horry is known as a Laker right ... he had one 20+ point playoff game as a Laker. He has 11 total 20+ point playoff games and 9 of them came as a Rocket his first 3 years in the league.
He made a few jump shots from broken plays to win a games. He never put no team on his back to win a game.

Street Hunger
01-01-2024, 01:04 PM
Penny Hardaway has been added to this list as a nominee.

which of course means he's being considered but hasn't actually made the hall yet.

L.Kizzle
01-02-2024, 10:45 PM
Penny Hardaway has been added to this list as a nominee.

which of course means he's being considered but hasn't actually made the hall yet.
Interesting, they also added Walter Davis (after he passed away.)