PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Moncrief says Andrew Toney was tougher to guard than MJ

SATAN
11-30-2023, 06:31 PM
Moncrief didn't only pick Andrew Toney as his toughest cover ever. He went on to explain in-depth why the Boston Strangler was more challenging to guard than the legendary Michael Jordan.

"Michael, you kind of knew his tendencies," added Moncrief. "He likes baseline. He's strong, right-handed. If he pulls you up, he had a shoulder that he could turn, you knew, the shoulder, tickles left shoulder turn on his jump shot. So you kind of knew what he was going to do, Andrew Toney you really didn't know. He could catch the basketball at the three-point line, in a three-point threat position, and just pull up and shoot a three, and that makes it very difficult. When players have multiple things they can do very well offensively, then they're unguardable, and he was unguardable."

:eek:

Full Court
11-30-2023, 06:34 PM
Goodbye all. There's no ****ing way I would be around such ****ing idiots in real life. Worst bunch of losers I've ever seen. Literally you fools should be ashamed.

I hope you die slow painful deaths, apart from the few good ones.

****ing scumbags.

Mods or Jeff please delete my account

:roll:

Loser.

Xiao Yao You
11-30-2023, 06:37 PM
Moncrief was done as an elite defender by '86 when MJ was just starting

SATAN
11-30-2023, 06:44 PM
I'd appreciate if the mods ban Full Court if he posts in this thread again. I have no doubt he will try to derail discussion as usual. I do not want this guy polluting my threads with his EXTREMELY low IQ takes and squabbles with Axe.

SATAN
11-30-2023, 06:45 PM
Moncrief was done as an elite defender by '86 when MJ was just starting

This goes both ways you know...A washed defender finding Mikey to be less of a challenge etc etc

Xiao Yao You
11-30-2023, 06:51 PM
This goes both ways you know...A washed defender not finding Mikey to be less of a challenge etc etc

MJ had a few more tricks in his bag after '86

Axe
11-30-2023, 07:05 PM
It took scottie pippen starting to play in the league for jordan to have his defensive honors.

SATAN
11-30-2023, 07:12 PM
MJ had a few more tricks in his bag after '86

Toney was entering what are usually the peak years for NBA players before his career was cut short. I see no reason to think he wouldn't have had a few more tricks also.

Jasper
11-30-2023, 07:22 PM
Moncrief didn't only pick Andrew Toney as his toughest cover ever. He went on to explain in-depth why the Boston Strangler was more challenging to guard than the legendary Michael Jordan.

"Michael, you kind of knew his tendencies," added Moncrief. "He likes baseline. He's strong, right-handed. If he pulls you up, he had a shoulder that he could turn, you knew, the shoulder, tickles left shoulder turn on his jump shot. So you kind of knew what he was going to do, Andrew Toney you really didn't know. He could catch the basketball at the three-point line, in a three-point threat position, and just pull up and shoot a three, and that makes it very difficult. When players have multiple things they can do very well offensively, then they're unguardable, and he was unguardable."

:eek:

toney is seldom talked about , vs malone, Dr.j / but Toney was a pure shooter as is Dame.
very dangerous. and very strong.

beasted
11-30-2023, 08:13 PM

Loser.

These are the types of things that they quote in the news broadcasts after a mass shooter/serial killer is identified.

:(

theman93
11-30-2023, 08:15 PM

Loser.

haha :lol

Da_Realist
11-30-2023, 08:16 PM
1984/85 (MJ's rookie year)
Reg Season
MJ - 29 pts, 53%, Series tied 3-3
Playoffs
MJ - 29 pts, 44%, Bucks won 3-1

1985/86 (MJ on minutes restriction)
MJ - 20 pts, 52%, Bucks won 2-0

From 1986/87 until Moncrief retired
MJ - 34 pts, 53%, Bulls won 12-2 over Bucks/Hawks

Moncrief was a great defender but it's not like he stopped MJ or even slowed him down. And Chicago won most of the games. Maybe Moncrief should have pulled out a few more of his tricks.