PDA

View Full Version : Clippers 0-6 since acquiring James Soften

AirBonner
11-15-2023, 01:40 AM
Yikes 4 HOFers :biggums::oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
11-15-2023, 01:41 AM
It's satisfying to see these 2010 former superstars fail. More so Harden and Westbrook. They're at that point, that fork in the road. Can I scale down just as I scaled up many years ago?

FireDavidKahn
11-15-2023, 01:44 AM
This is quite remarkable

Meanwhile EmFlop is flourishing

L.Kizzle
11-15-2023, 01:54 AM
I didn't watch the game but apparently Clippers were up five with 4 minutes left plus momentum and Ty benched Westbrook for Harden and they lost the lead and game.

90sgoat
11-15-2023, 01:57 AM
He's going to get Melo'd.

Not getting another contract. He plays as if he's the same Harden from Houston and he's not at all. Not close. That playstyle only worked when he was at his peak and now he's old. Net negative player.

Unless he can do a Melo and readjust as a role player then he'll be out next season. Can't see how he would become a role player though. Perhaps he could play 25 minutes a game leading the backup unit.

fourkicks44
11-15-2023, 02:10 AM
Paul George's 3 point to tie it at the end was interesting.

Clearly Lue planned PG to take a shot, or at least have the ball in that situation.

He threw up a tough, forced looking, 3 with KCP in his grill playing solid D and not fouling. The ball got wedged between the ring and backboard.

The thing was when he shot there was still like 5 seconds on the clock and Harden was one pass away on the wing, wide open for 3 with Joker guarding him 3 feet away.

PG should have passed the ball.

jayfan
11-15-2023, 02:28 AM
Paul George's 3 point to tie it at the end was interesting.

Clearly Lue planned PG to take a shot, or at least have the ball in that situation.

He threw up a tough, forced looking, 3 with KCP in his grill playing solid D and not fouling. The ball got wedged between the ring and backboard.

The thing was when he shot there was still like 5 seconds on the clock and Harden was one pass away on the wing, wide open for 3 with Joker guarding him 3 feet away.

PG should have passed the ball.

PG stinks. Has never played winning basketball.

SaltyMeatballs
11-15-2023, 02:38 AM
These dudes don’t fit. Time to consider blowing up the team

Axe
11-15-2023, 02:40 AM
PG stinks. Has never played winning basketball.
This.

beasted
11-15-2023, 03:33 AM
The Clippers are such a poorly constructed team. No proper PFs and no backup C. There's no easy fix with what they have available as trade assets.

Lue will get the axe soon.

John8204
11-15-2023, 03:48 AM
Worst roster in the NBA...and I don't know if John Ringo is going to make the Hall of Fame. Is playoff pete really as good as say Shawn Kemp

Axe
11-15-2023, 03:57 AM
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Gyq5l1lHUI4

Phoenix
11-15-2023, 08:10 AM
He's going to get Melo'd.

Not getting another contract. He plays as if he's the same Harden from Houston and he's not at all. Not close. That playstyle only worked when he was at his peak and now he's old. Net negative player.

Unless he can do a Melo and readjust as a role player then he'll be out next season. Can't see how he would become a role player though. Perhaps he could play 25 minutes a game leading the backup unit.

'I'm a system'.

:lol

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 08:53 AM
Before Sunday's game Ty Lue said he wanted to split up Russell Westbrook's minutes from James Harden's as much as possible to give each their own unit. I asked tonight whether he's considering doing that in a different way: by bringing Russ off the bench. Lue said no. Here's why: pic.twitter.com/8aKgQZUzSR (https://t.co/8aKgQZUzSR)

— Andrew Greif (@AndrewGreif) November 15, 2023 (https://twitter.com/AndrewGreif/status/1724604459353837942?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

– via Twitter AndrewGreif (https://twitter.com/AndrewGreif)

it's your job not mine :facepalm

Im so nba'd out
11-15-2023, 10:46 AM
But when I made a poll who would you rather have in the playoffs (harden or Murray) Harden won 40 votes to Murray’s only getting 6 votes. this is why I say the basketball iq on this site is incredibly low…. One of the lowest groups on the internet….even lower than Reddit and Twitter

jayfan
11-15-2023, 11:37 AM
I still contend, as I have since the day it happened, that if the Clippers had signed Kawhi without trading for Paul George, they would have been a fantastic team. Possible champions. The Paul George trade killed that team. Both on the court and off. Short term & long term. I blame Kawhi, because he demanded it. He may be a legendary player, but he's a horrendous gm with inadequate basketball IQ. The idea that he thought he'd have a better chance of winning with the Paul George trade than without it is just dumbfounding.

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 12:29 PM
I still contend, as I have since the day it happened, that if the Clippers had signed Kawhi without trading for Paul George, they would have been a fantastic team. Possible champions. The Paul George trade killed that team. Both on the court and off. Short term & long term. I blame Kawhi, because he demanded it. He may be a legendary player, but he's a horrendous gm with inadequate basketball IQ. The idea that he thought he'd have a better chance of winning with the Paul George trade than without it is just dumbfounding.

Fantastic with Kawhi not playing sure :lol

Xiao Yao You
11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
NBA Central: James Harden says he’s still trying to get into ‘James Harden shape’ “I kept reiterating, I didn’t have a training camp or a preseason, so kind of learning on the fly. Also getting myself into James Harden shape. [Last night] was definitely another step in the right direction and just keep improving.” (http://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1724807212907057274)

– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1724807212907057274)

watch out! :facepalm

beasted
11-15-2023, 01:49 PM
watch out! :facepalm

I'm not sure how any fans can root for him. He's so unlikable.

MrFonzworth
11-15-2023, 09:43 PM
I didn't watch the game but apparently Clippers were up five with 4 minutes left plus momentum and Ty benched Westbrook for Harden and they lost the lead and game.

I didn't watch the game either but taking Westbrook out late in the 4th is almost always the right call