PDA

View Full Version : Luka playing and losing (weight) with Slovenia

90sgoat
08-04-2023, 04:16 PM
There are exhibitions going on for the upcoming FIBA World Cup and Luka is playing and looks like he is in much better shape than last year. Lost the game to Greece though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7lX8J7-yuw

BurningHammer
08-05-2023, 05:35 PM
Is Giannis going to be in the WC?

90sgoat
08-06-2023, 12:49 AM
Is Giannis going to be in the WC?

Maybe, maybe not.

Apparantly he had an operation but has said he wanted to play.

Jasper
08-06-2023, 10:21 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

Apparantly he had an operation but has said he wanted to play.

giannis is not playing this year

kyrie will hav to carry the load this year luka worn out:oldlol:

Phoenix
08-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Luka started last year in good( for him) shape, that's why he was getting MVP talk for the first month. His issue is maintaining it over the course of the year.

90sgoat
08-06-2023, 10:56 AM
Luka started last year in good( for him) shape, that's why he was getting MVP talk for the first month. His issue is maintaining it over the course of the year.

I'm pretty sure he came into the season fat.

Phoenix
08-06-2023, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure he came into the season fat.

Last year? I feel like that was two years ago but maybe I'm going senile. That said, Lukas shape and build will never look quite in shape compared to most of the players you see in the league, but you can see when he's clearly bloated.

90sgoat
08-06-2023, 12:33 PM
Last year? I feel like that was two years ago but maybe I'm going senile. That said, Lukas shape and build will never look quite in shape compared to most of the players you see in the league, but you can see when he's clearly bloated.

Yes his bloat suggests he is not eating well.

Most likely he is eating too many carbs and maybe too much alcohol. Pizza and beers kind of diet will give that look.

FultzNationRISE
08-06-2023, 09:14 PM

Yeah I thought we had “Luka lost weight” threads last offseason.

Anyway weight/fitness isnt the issue for him. It’s the fact he doesnt make sense next to most other stars, so you have to put really high caliber role players around him, which they havent.

Lukas weight isnt gonna make or break their season.

ralph_i_el
08-08-2023, 10:28 AM
Yeah I thought we had “Luka lost weight” threads last offseason.

Anyway weight/fitness isnt the issue for him. It’s the fact he doesnt make sense next to most other stars, so you have to put really high caliber role players around him, which they havent.

Lukas weight isnt gonna make or break their season.

The LeBron Problem

FultzNationRISE
08-08-2023, 03:26 PM
The LeBron Problem

Lebron is the GOAT transition player and perimeter defender. So it’s way different.

FultzNationRISE
08-08-2023, 03:31 PM
That said, its not a big knock on Luka personally that he doesnt fit with most stars. The way the game is played you dont really need two distributors. If you do its best to have a guard and a big, like Murray and Joker, Fox and Sabonis, Curry and Green. Luka could play with Giannis or Embiid no problem. But Kyrie Irving and Spencer Dinwiddie doesnt really add up.

FultzNationRISE
08-08-2023, 03:43 PM
Actually I take it back about Luka and Embiid being a fit, probably not enough maturity and a potential tug of war over the ball. But like… Bam for instance, would fit perfectly.

But Luka plays too slow to be paired with another perimeter playmaker who wants to push the pace and get his own shots up.

90sgoat
08-08-2023, 09:11 PM
Actually I take it back about Luka and Embiid being a fit, probably not enough maturity and a potential tug of war over the ball. But like… Bam for instance, would fit perfectly.

But Luka plays too slow to be paired with another perimeter playmaker who wants to push the pace and get his own shots up.

If you had a Big 3 of Luka, Butler and Bam, then that's a win.

Just replace Luka with Butler and that's also a ring.

Heck even Atlanta and he'd be in the finals.

Mavs have just put an atrocious team around Luka.

heyfox
08-09-2023, 06:17 AM
Pity for Giannis

90sgoat
08-09-2023, 06:51 AM
Luka has improved his release, it's significantly faster now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEiGjLz08n4

He also looks faster in the open floor, actually sprinting coast to coast.