PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams from 2007-2011

Lebron23
06-26-2023, 08:07 PM
He averaged 19 ppg 11 apg

Was he a product of the Jerry Sloan Pick and Roll Offense???

SouBeachTalents
06-26-2023, 08:14 PM
LeBron won zero championship during this time, went 0-2 in Final.

Lebron23
06-26-2023, 08:17 PM

You are so funny. You could have been a comedian

FKAri
06-26-2023, 08:24 PM
Replace him Lebron with Jazz on his place. How many champions?

Lebron23
06-26-2023, 08:30 PM
Replace him Lebron with Jazz on his place. How many champions?

but seriously Lebro and Boozer had a great chemistry with the Cavaliers

FultzNationRISE
06-26-2023, 08:36 PM
but seriously Lebro and Boozer had a great chemistry with the Cavaliers

How tf did nobody ever think of LeBro til now?? :lebronamazed:

Louie ****ing does it again :bowdown: :bowdown:

FultzNationRISE
06-26-2023, 08:41 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?512955-Should-LBJ-finals-losses-be-deleted-from-history-like-Confed-statues-and-the-Redskins

Clifton
06-27-2023, 08:45 AM
Underrated sliding doors moment: the Jazz should have gotten Chris Paul. Paul playing under Jerry Sloan! This should have been every NBA nerd's dream.

Maybe it was because of his lighter skin, I don't know, but people didn't understand at the time that Deron wasn't John Stockton. He was more of a freestyle artist who loved taking bad 3s and making other sick plays. Paul was the perfectionist. He would have been great under Sloan.

Ended up being great anyway, but in all his travels he's never really had the infrastructure I wanted for him. Until the Warriors, I guess.

As for Deron, his career seems tragic, but it's really not. He wasn't the kind of player who has a long, sustainable, winning career. He was really talented, and had moments, but at the end he was a flash in the pan. Injuries did him in, but they were always going to.

rawimpact
06-27-2023, 11:40 AM
Yes. Him and boozer were Stockton Malone light. Great regular season, picked apart postseason.

Xiao Yao You
06-27-2023, 12:36 PM
Underrated sliding doors moment: the Jazz should have gotten Chris Paul. Paul playing under Jerry Sloan! This should have been every NBA nerd's dream.

Maybe it was because of his lighter skin, I don't know, but people didn't understand at the time that Deron wasn't John Stockton. He was more of a freestyle artist who loved taking bad 3s and making other sick plays. Paul was the perfectionist. He would have been great under Sloan.

Ended up being great anyway, but in all his travels he's never really had the infrastructure I wanted for him. Until the Warriors, I guess.

As for Deron, his career seems tragic, but it's really not. He wasn't the kind of player who has a long, sustainable, winning career. He was really talented, and had moments, but at the end he was a flash in the pan. Injuries did him in, but they were always going to.

They took Deron because they thought he would be the better defender :roll:

Lebron23
06-27-2023, 12:56 PM

Before the injuries took a toll on his body he was a very good scorer with the Brooklyn Nets. but playing in the Jerry Sloan Pick and Roll system made many people believed he was as good as Prime Chris Paul who was a great point guard even without Byron Scott.

PeroAntic
06-28-2023, 09:09 AM
Injuries destroyed him. Thats all there is to it. Before that he was a top pg. Makes you appreciate how someone like Derrick Rose managed to reinvent his game and stay relevant until his mid thirties.