PDA

View Full Version : Smart is distraught after trade

Manny98
06-22-2023, 01:45 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/SNv9bR3n/Screenshot-2023-06-22-18-42-39-14-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

He got completely blindside's, stabbed in the back

After what they did to IT nothing surprises me about that franchise

You give your heart and soul for what, not even a heads up or anything just like that they dispose of you when they no longer need you :(

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 01:51 PM
Yeah.

Apparently the issue was KP was only gonna opt-in to go to the Celtics, and there was a midnight deadline for him to do it. So Boston had to get some kinda deal done yesterday.

After the Brogdon trade collapsed they had no time to regroup and leverage their various options. There was a team that would facilitate a trade only if Smart was included, and the C’s literally had just minutes left to do something.

It definitely sucks tho. I wanted to see a Celtics team with both those guys on it.

Kblaze8855
06-22-2023, 01:54 PM
He did feel like a lifer type. Players by now should know there’s no loyalty coming back your way though. Keep a cold heart and **** over any team in the way of your goals. The lesson has been learned by most it seems.

Airupthere
06-22-2023, 02:02 PM
Losing Smart is a sad move. I don't like it either.

AirBonner
06-22-2023, 02:04 PM
I’m sad too. I’m sure going to miss his 0-6 from 3 nights

tpols
06-22-2023, 02:07 PM

He did tend to bang them much more in the playoffs though when it mattered. :lol

Memphis is an awesome fit for him though. That's a perfect fit. It's not like they sent him to Orlando or Detroit.

FultzNationRISE
06-22-2023, 02:08 PM

Well, dont despair.

There’s still plenty of LeTeammates that will help us to remember those times.

iamgine
06-22-2023, 02:12 PM
Isn't that they way of a professional? As long as the team fulfill its contractual obligation to you, then you play your heart out during that contract. Accept that you can be traded at any moment.

jlip
06-22-2023, 02:13 PM
This is the very reason why I feel that player loyalty to a franchise is stupid. Organizations treat players as a means to and ends. As long as you can help put fans in the seats and maybe a championship or so bringing the organization money, they more than likely will treat you well. The moment they feel that you don't contribute to their agenda they will ship you out without your consent or even without your knowledge in some cases. Players need to treat organizations the same way organizations treat them. Keep it all about business and do whatever is in their best interest.

BigShotBob
06-22-2023, 04:58 PM
This is the very reason why I feel that player loyalty to a franchise is stupid. Organizations treat players as a means to and ends. As long as you can help put fans in the seats and maybe a championship or so bringing the organization money, they more than likely will treat you well. The moment they feel that you don't contribute to their agenda they will ship you out without your consent or even without your knowledge in some cases. Players need to treat organizations the same way organizations treat them. Keep it all about business and do whatever is in their best interest.

Doesn't mean players should stack the deck and form super teams either

Regardless, Memphis has apparently been after Marcus Smart since 2015 so he should be flattered. They always wanted him.

Full Court
06-22-2023, 06:33 PM
Good. I don't like Smart.