PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Interested in Chris Paul

Full Court
06-20-2023, 06:05 AM
But only for the veteran's minimum contract...

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-interested-chris-paul-only-033417704.html

Is he worth more than that, or is he pretty much washed at this stage?

RogueBorg
06-20-2023, 08:29 AM
I don't know but I would love to see three injury prone, two of which are old men, play together.

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2023, 08:45 AM
He'd be worth it on the vet minimum, it's low risk and I think he could still provide value in a smaller role or leading the 2nd unit.

rawimpact
06-20-2023, 09:05 AM
If CP3 joins the lakers, both he and the lakers are guaranteed to lose.

tontoz
06-20-2023, 09:14 AM
Pretty sure that can't happen, at least not yet. Paul wasn't waived he was traded for his full salary. He would have to get waived to be able to sign for the min.

Jasper
06-20-2023, 09:45 AM
But only for the veteran's minimum contract...

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-interested-chris-paul-only-033417704.html

Is he worth more than that, or is he pretty much washed at this stage?

no kidding , bron and CP3 go fishing every year

Jasper
06-20-2023, 09:46 AM
If CP3 joins the lakers, both he and the lakers are guaranteed to lose.
:oldlol: lov it

:roll::roll:

FultzNationRISE
06-20-2023, 09:53 AM
Of course they are. He’s washed up and useless, so why WOULDNT Pelinka and AD mastermind some dumb ass plan to acquire him while brainstorming it up in their “War Room.” That’s… what they do. :mad: :banghead: :facepalm

LeGoat4Life
06-20-2023, 10:31 AM
Final piece of the banana boat that Lebron haven’t teamed up with

r15mohd
06-20-2023, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure that can't happen, at least not yet. Paul wasn't waived he was traded for his full salary. He would have to get waived to be able to sign for the min.

likely to happen - no team is going to dump picks or players for him, knowing they can get him on waivers. and doubt WSH will not commit to his full salary for the season, buy him out is def likely

tontoz
06-20-2023, 10:53 AM
likely to happen - no team is going to dump picks or players for him, knowing they can get him on waivers. and doubt WSH will not commit to his full salary for the season, buy him out is def likely

That isn't what i have been hearing. I have been hearing that they plan on trading him to the Clippers, not waive him. I don't see any incentive for the Wizards to waive him.

The Washington Wizards will discuss rerouting Chris Paul via trade with the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic while on the Pat McAfee Show.

Paul was sent out by the Phoenix Suns as part of their trade with the Wizards for Bradley Beal.

Paul could still be bought out and become a free agent, which would allow him to sign with any team other than the Suns. Under that scenario, Paul would likely choose between the Lakers and Clippers.

Paul was only guaranteed $15.8 million for his 23-24 salary, but his fully $30.8 million is now guaranteed as part of the trade, which makes it a financially lucrative transaction for him.

hold this L
06-20-2023, 11:18 AM
Of course they are. He’s washed up and useless, so why WOULDNT Pelinka and AD mastermind some dumb ass plan to acquire him while brainstorming it up in their “War Room.” That’s… what they do. :mad: :banghead: :facepalm

Warriors would gladly take him for the vet min if he gets waived

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2023, 11:25 AM
Warriors would gladly take him for the vet min if he gets waived
The guy just averaged 14/9 last year, the notion that signing him for the vet minimum is some terrible idea is legitimately fcking stupid :lol Worst case, he doesn't pan out or can't play, you lost nothing of value to sign him.

bullettooth
06-20-2023, 11:35 AM
I don't know but I would love to see three injury prone, two of which are old men, play together.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-9dHyxXEAEobcA.jpg

meat
06-20-2023, 03:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-9dHyxXEAEobcA.jpg

Nice reference!:cheers: