PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets - Young Denver Nuggets?

plowking
06-14-2023, 07:01 PM
The Rockets clearly have a lot of problems to sort out, but they do have an abundance of talent as it stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-QYquSM-GI

Alperen Sengun is a more mobile, smaller, less bulky, prototypical type NBA athlete in the build of Jokic from a skills standpoint. I wouldn't say you can build around him the way you can Jokic as he is a little undersized for the C position, and probably won't be an automatic bucket the way Joker is when needing to get a score to tide a run.

But - he can be a nice second piece with his passing and post play, as well as the ability to get the ball moving and have passing from anywhere on the court. Rockets have a bunch of guys with decent size who can shoot and do a bit of everything.

Will be interesting to see how they pan out and if they use the Nuggets as a bit of a stencil/prototype to build towards. Only player I'd get rid of is Porter Jr and see where it goes from there.

RRR3
06-14-2023, 08:06 PM
Sengun isn't undersized for a center anymore, he grew to 6'11. Same height as Jokic.

plowking
06-14-2023, 08:16 PM
Sengun isn't undersized for a center anymore, he grew to 6'11. Same height as Jokic.

Oh damn - nice. Guess he is only like 20 or 21.

I saw older articles saying he is a below average athlete, but all the games/videos I see of him - he seems quite quick/agile and able to get up and protect the rim.

RRR3
06-14-2023, 08:20 PM
Oh damn - nice. Guess he is only like 20 or 21.

I saw older articles saying he is a below average athlete, but all the games/videos I see of him - he seems quite quick/agile and able to get up and protect the rim.
He's a solid athlete, and yes he is still 20, won't be 21 for over a month still. A great draft pick by the Rockets. They should run the offense through him, but foolishly don't. Then again, it took the Nuggets longer than it should have to give Jokic the keys.

Smook A.
06-14-2023, 10:13 PM
I hope so. The young talent is definitely there