PDA

View Full Version : Golden state may have had a better chance against these Nuggets?

jmcwilliams
05-20-2023, 11:36 PM
Not making excuses for the Lakers or minimizing how good Denver is. What I am seeing from the Lakers though is a breakdown. They look completely confused and it seems that the lack of experience at the highest level may have cost them.

Was this a better match up for the experienced jump shooting Warriors? The Lakers had the answer for the warriors that doesn't mean that the Nuggets would have.

elementally morale
05-20-2023, 11:44 PM
Originally, I thought so. After seeing GSW vs. the Lakers, not any more. If they play the way they played the Lakers the result against Denver would be the same. GSW has absolutely noone to slow Jokic down and their defense is suspect against Denver's backcourt. Plus in the transition they would've been eaten alive.

Denver is just this good if the team is healthy. I think they'd have a ring already had Murray not been injured.

Axe
05-20-2023, 11:45 PM
La > gs

Gs > denver

Denver > La

That's the pattern we've seen since last postseason.

Airupthere
05-20-2023, 11:48 PM
Styles make fights

FultzNationRISE
05-21-2023, 12:30 AM
It absolutely worked out better this way for the Nuggets.

Warriors are much more able to punish Jokic for playing a deep drop on defense. And Green actually does a decent job guarding Jokic. Nikola still got points on him last year but had to work pretty damn hard for em.

The Lakers beat the Warriors and the Nuggets beat the Lakers but I think GS would give Denver problems. Ofc we’ll never know for sure.

kawhileonard2
05-21-2023, 12:36 AM
Clippers would be only ones to beat Denver.

elementally morale
05-21-2023, 12:37 AM
The Lakers beat the Warriors and the Nuggets beat the Lakers but I think GS would give Denver problems. Ofc we’ll never know for sure.

This year's GSW not so much from what I've seen. Next year, maybe. They have to trade Poole ASAP and find out what happened to Klay Thompson. Green is visibly older now and with the perimeter shooting not working, Curry is likely to have bad shooting nights. Half the shots he takes now from the perimeter are impossible to make even by his standards.

r0drig0lac
05-21-2023, 07:59 AM
yep