PDA

View Full Version : It took Tatum 10 less shots to score 51pts than it took Curry to score 50pts

AirBonner
05-15-2023, 07:27 PM
:biggums: I think curry is overrated

Real Men Wear Green
05-15-2023, 08:35 PM
In all fairness this topic is stupid and you're being an idiot. Curry had a great game. Tatum did it better statistically but that's unimportant. Curry is still a great player with championships and MVP awards. Disrespecting his 50 from just two weeks ago is idiot troll behavior.

tontoz
05-15-2023, 09:14 PM
Tatum also had 14 foul shots. They were up 26 after 3 quarters and Tatum scored 9 in the 4th.

Why did he play 42 minutes in a blowout? :confusedshrug:

GS was only up 10 pts after 3. They actually needed Steph's points.

SATAN
05-15-2023, 09:24 PM
:biggums: I think curry is overrated

How? It's not like anyone has him top 10.

SATAN
05-15-2023, 09:27 PM
Also, Tatum is pure cringe. That "OH MY GOD!" shit while he almost cross eyed stared into space and him holding up the 50 hand signal...Like...**** off dude. You're up 30 points. It's been over. I almost liked you but then the do this cornball shit. A typical Kobe stan if there ever was one.

Real Men Wear Green
05-15-2023, 09:29 PM
Tatum also had 14 foul shots. They were up 26 after 3 quarters and Tatum scored 9 in the 4th.

The Celtics have blown a 30 point lead this season. All of those minutes and points weren't necessary but wanting to be sure of the win is understandable. And there was a celebratory stat padding element to it as well.

Real Men Wear Green
05-15-2023, 09:30 PM
Also, Tatum is pure cringe. That "OH MY GOD!" shit while he almost cross eyed stared into space and him holding up the 50 hand signal...Like...**** off dude. You're up 30 points. It's been over. I almost liked you but then the do this cornball shit. A typical Kobe stan if there ever was one.

I think he can live with your disdain.

Kblaze8855
05-15-2023, 09:50 PM
One thing is clear…they both wanted that 50 towards the end.

AirBonner
05-15-2023, 09:54 PM

Tatum scored half the points going into the 4th. Why couldn’t 76ers make adjustments?

ShawkFactory
05-15-2023, 09:55 PM
One thing is clear…they both wanted that 50 towards the end.

This. Both were incredible when they had 40.

Could have ended there.

tontoz
05-16-2023, 07:56 AM
This. Both were incredible when they had 40.

Could have ended there.

No they couldn't. GS was up only 10 after 3 quarters. If Steph stopped scoring they easily couldn't have lost.

Johnny32
05-16-2023, 08:04 AM
No they couldn't. GS was up only 10 after 3 quarters. If Steph stopped scoring they easily couldn't have lost.

curry's 50th point came with 3 mins left in the gm and the gsw up 22.

Axe
05-16-2023, 08:08 AM
While i do respect them, i believe that the sixers are a better team than the kings are atm. :kobe:

Manny98
05-16-2023, 08:13 AM
He also statpadded 10 more points when the game was already over

tontoz
05-16-2023, 08:18 AM
curry's 50th point came with 3 mins left in the gm and the gsw up 22.

It was Curry that pushed the lead from 10 to 22 in the 4th. Curry played 38 minutes total.

Boston was up 26 to start the 4th. Why did Tatum play 42 minutes?

warriorfan
05-16-2023, 08:47 AM
curry’s performance was objectively better

Wally450
05-16-2023, 09:21 AM
The Celtics have blown numerous large leads this season. Even when they were up big, I had my doubts of them holding the lead. I have no problem with players gunning for a certain point milestone. If the other team doesn't like it, they should play some defense. As long as said player isn't icing out other players and just chucking for the hell of it.

ImKobe
05-16-2023, 11:37 AM

Curry did it on the road and only had 5 FTA. His 50 was on 62.2%TS which is still considered pretty damn efficient, though on paper Tatum's game was more impressive if we just looked at the stats & avoided all context.

The 2nd and 3rd best scorers (Wiggs & Klay) struggled to score with 10/35 FG combined between the two. Curry scored 10+ points in every single quarter and scored most of his points before the opposing team had already given up. His last 5 you could consider stat-padding but Tatum had 39 when the Cs were already up by 25 at that point.

ShawkFactory
05-16-2023, 11:53 AM

Was it? I'm not saying that Tatum's was objectively better or anything but it's certainly a discussion. If the Sixers weren't absolute trash offensively in the 3rd and didn't allow the Celtics (Tatum almost exclusively) to completely pull away then I feel like Tatum could have had 60. He got whatever he wanted, embarrassed Embiid, and played great in other facets.

hold this L
05-16-2023, 12:15 PM
Might be the worst stat padding I've seen this entire season.

warriorfan
05-16-2023, 01:35 PM
Curry did it on the road and only had 5 FTA. His 50 was on 62.2%TS which is still considered pretty damn efficient, though on paper Tatum's game was more impressive if we just looked at the stats & avoided all context.

The 2nd and 3rd best scorers (Wiggs & Klay) struggled to score with 10/35 FG combined between the two. Curry scored 10+ points in every single quarter and scored most of his points before the opposing team had already given up. His last 5 you could consider stat-padding but Tatum had 39 when the Cs were already up by 25 at that point.

Agreed on all points

Nb1
05-16-2023, 03:31 PM
Curry did it vs the worst defending team out there and 16 of his points came in the 4th where the game was over. And Curry bricked so many shots to get there it wasn't even funny, not even Kobe would have bricked that much :roll:

Tatum barely missed a shot vs a much better defensive team and crushed them.

No one ever took 38 shots in a game 7 like Steph. If they did, they'd all have had around 60 pts. Hell Kobe made 81 with 46 shots. Curry was so insanely inefficient stat padding while taking all the shots and not letting any for his teammates, no wonder they all got cold. He cost them the series vs the lakers by taking away all the confidence of the team and while taking away even his confidence himself by bricking all those shots. Dude was like 20% shooting like 13 threes per game vs the Lakers in the last games :oldlol:. Tatum was still letting his teammates feast while at it.

tontoz
05-16-2023, 03:34 PM
Curry did it vs the worst defending team out there and 16 of his points came in the 4th where the game was over. And Curry bricked so many shots to get there it wasn't even funny, not even Kobe would have bricked that much :roll:

No one ever took 38 shots in a game 7 like Steph. If they did, they'd all have had around 60 pts. Hell Kobe made 81 with 46 shots. Curry was so insanely inefficient stat padding while taking all the shots and not letting any for his teammates, no wonder they all got cold. He cost them the series vs the lakers by taking away all the confidence of the team while taking away his confidence too bricking all those shots. Dude was like 20% shoting like 13 threes per game vs the Lakers in the last games :oldlol:. Tatum was still letting his teammates feast while at it.

So if a team has a 10 point lead after 3 quarters the game is over? Cool story bro

Smook A.
05-16-2023, 03:40 PM
Curry still shot 53% to score 50 points, and 39% from 3 in a pivotal game 7. Both him and Tatum had exceptional performances

Smook A.
05-16-2023, 03:45 PM

No one ever took 38 shots in a game 7 like Steph. If they did, they'd all have had around 60 pts. Hell Kobe made 81 with 46 shots. Curry was so insanely inefficient stat padding while taking all the shots and not letting any for his teammates, no wonder they all got cold. He cost them the series vs the lakers by taking away all the confidence of the team and while taking away even his confidence himself by bricking all those shots. Dude was like 20% shooting like 13 threes per game vs the Lakers in the last games :oldlol:. Tatum was still letting his teammates feast while at it.

62% TS is inefficient now? Your argument is silly

Charlie Sheen
05-16-2023, 03:49 PM
Curry still shot 53% to score 50 points, and 39% from 3 in a pivotal game 7. Both him and Tatum had exceptional performances

Best reply :applause:

Topic reminds me of all the times I fell into the trap of Laker fans trashing Pau to boost Kobe or the other way around.

Nb1
05-16-2023, 05:00 PM
So if a team has a 10 point lead after 3 quarters the game is over? Cool story bro

Of course! Klay's 3+1 action to put the difference at 10 at the end of the 3rd crushed the Kings mentally, it ended all their hopes. That was the momentum changing defining action. Trailing by 10 vs the defending champs with your best player being hurt and getting a sledge hammer like that at the end of the 3rd? You don't recover from that. The game ended right there. You could see it in their attitude starting the 4th where they weren't even trying anymore bc they had given up. Even everyone in here said it was over after that.

I even wrote "why is Steph still playing" not knowing he was stat padding to break the record. They were up by 20 like 2min in the 4th proving the point, Kings looked like they just wanted the game to end and Curry was still stat padding like there's no tmrw vs a dead horse. Dude shot more than all the combined starters tght in the 4th vs a team that wasn't even playing anymore, it was embarassing!

warriorfan
05-16-2023, 05:02 PM
Of course! Klay's 3+1 action to put the difference at 10 at the end of the 3rd crushed the Kings mentally, it ended all their hopes. That was the momentum changing defining action. Trailing by 10 vs the defending champs with your best player being hurt and getting a sledge hammer like that at the end of the 3rd? You don't recover from that. The game ended right there. You could see it in their attitude starting the 4th where they weren't even trying anymore bc they had given up. Even everyone in here said it was over after that.

I even wrote "why is Steph still playing" not knowing he was stat padding to break the record. They were up by 20 like 2min in the 4th proving the point, Kings looked like they just wanted the game to end and Curry was still stat padding like there's no tmrw vs a dead horse. Dude shot more than all the combined starters tght in the 4th vs a team that wasn't even playing anymore, it was embarassing!

Steph had the highest +/- in the entire playoffs by a large margin at that point

The team completely collapsed whenever he wasn’t on the court.

Spurs m8
05-16-2023, 06:19 PM
So what...you're still a virgin

Axe
05-16-2023, 06:29 PM
The Celtics have blown numerous large leads this season. Even when they were up big, I had my doubts of them holding the lead. I have no problem with players gunning for a certain point milestone. If the other team doesn't like it, they should play some defense. As long as said player isn't icing out other players and just chucking for the hell of it.
Not as worse as the bucks tho if anything.

r0drig0lac
05-16-2023, 07:05 PM

agree