PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Lakers Warriors series ends in 6 games or 7 games?

Walk on Water
05-09-2023, 09:25 PM
I highly doubt it ends in 5. Anything is possible. But Warriors are 6.5 points favorite. So the game to really look at is just game 6. If Warriors can win just ONE road game, then they will get a game 7. I feel like a game 7 would be pretty close, like game 4 last night. Anything could happen.

We know the NBA would love to extend if they care about attracting both fan-bases. Game 6 will be tough, but it's just one game. Do you think the Warriors won't win one road game? Do you see them losing 2 home games as well in this series?

ImKobe
05-09-2023, 09:32 PM
I had the Lakers in 7 and I still think that's in play. Warriors get to 6 if they don't stink it up from 3.

Nb1
05-10-2023, 11:50 AM
I had the Lakers in 7 and I still think that's in play. Warriors get to 6 if they don't stink it up from 3.

I don't see the Lakers winning game 7 on the road. They already look toasted now. I don't see them winning next game either. I'd almost let AD & Bron play game 5 just so Steph/Klay etc all play too, but tell them to kindoff don't go 100% and kind of rest and get blown out. Warriors would come out flat'er game 6 because of human nature due to the blowout and AD/Bron would be more rested to finish it. If they don't, the Warriors got this at home game 7.

tontoz
05-10-2023, 12:13 PM
This looks like a jinx thread to me. If the warriors lose tonight I am blaming OP.

Goldrush25
05-10-2023, 01:37 PM
I don't see the Lakers winning game 7 on the road. They already look toasted now. I don't see them winning next game either. I'd almost let AD & Bron play game 5 just so Steph/Klay etc all play too, but tell them to kindoff don't go 100% and kind of rest and get blown out. Warriors would come out flat'er game 6 because of human nature due to the blowout and AD/Bron would be more rested to finish it. If they don't, the Warriors got this at home game 7.

People talk like it's the Lakers down 3-1.��

It would take an extraordinary effort for the Warriors to win 3 straight. There's a reason why it's rarely happened.

Warriors go on runs where they look scary. When they're not on a run they have clear, exploitable flaws and Lakers have been taking advantage.

Lakers just need to keep that pace that they had last game, that played right into their hands.

L.Kizzle
05-10-2023, 01:46 PM
People talk like it's the Lakers down 3-1.��

It would take an extraordinary effort for the Warriors to win 3 straight. There's a reason why it's rarely happened.

Warriors go on runs where they look scary. When they're not on a run they have clear, exploitable flaws and Lakers have been taking advantage.

Lakers just need to keep that pace that they had last game, that played right into their hands.

They just won 3 straight for the Kings last week. It could be done. Obviously Game 6 is the deciding factor. I think majority of folks have penciled in a victory tonight.

tontoz
05-10-2023, 01:53 PM
They just won 3 straight for the Kings last week. It could be done. Obviously Game 6 is the deciding factor. I think majority of folks have penciled in a victory tonight.

They won 3 straight in last year's finals too so they did it in their last two playoff series :oldlol:

Goldrush25
05-10-2023, 02:21 PM
They won 3 straight in last year's finals too so they did it in their last two playoff series :oldlol:

Lebron and AD are a bit of a step up in competition from the Queens and Celtics.

They've already defied the odds by coming back from 3-1 in two consecutive series. Another way to look at it is why are they falling behind 3-1? You keep flirting with danger and eventually, it'll get the better of you.

tontoz
05-10-2023, 02:30 PM
Lebron and AD are a bit of a step up in competition from the Queens and Celtics.

They've already defied the odds by coming back from 3-1 in two consecutive series. Another way to look at it is why are they falling behind 3-1? You keep flirting with danger and eventually, it'll get the better of you.

Lebron is averaging 23/9/5 with a TS of 54.4%. That isn't exactly the stuff of legend.

The Warriors haven't had more than 1 day off since game 4 against the Kings. I think fatigue is probably an issue. It was certainly a huge advantage for the Lakers in game 1 having 3 days off.

I also think the Warriors success late in series is because they are effective making adjustments.

Goldrush25
05-10-2023, 03:03 PM
Lebron is averaging 23/9/5 with a TS of 54.4%. That isn't exactly the stuff of legend.

The Warriors haven't had more than 1 day off since game 4 against the Kings. I think fatigue is probably an issue. It was certainly a huge advantage for the Lakers in game 1 having 3 days off.

I also think the Warriors success late in series is because they are effective making adjustments.

Warriors looked like the fresher team in game 1.

What adjustments do you think need to be made that will shift the tide toward the Warriors? They're small and careless with the ball, which has always been the case with this team. I don't see that changing at this point.

Their only remedy is getting Wiggins and Poole going, because Lakers are ok giving them shots. Lakers aren't going to allow Steph and Klay to go berzerk for 3 games, someone else is going to have to step up.

tontoz
05-10-2023, 03:13 PM
Warriors looked like the fresher team in game 1.

What adjustments do you think need to be made that will shift the tide toward the Warriors? They're small and careless with the ball, which has always been the case with this team. I don't see that changing at this point.

Their only remedy is getting Wiggins and Poole going, because Lakers are ok giving them shots. Lakers aren't going to allow Steph and Klay to go berzerk for 3 games, someone else is going to have to step up.

AD dropped 30/23 in game 1 :oldlol: Do you really think that extra rest wasn't an advantage?

GS had a 7 point lead after 3 quarters last game in LA. They already made the adjustments they just need to execute better.

They had a legit chance in the 4th quarter to win every game except 1. Let's not pretend the Lakers have been dominant.

Goldrush25
05-10-2023, 03:25 PM
We'll see, not really more to talk about at this point.

Also Warriors weren't down 3-1 when they won 3 straight in these past two series.

I think winning 3 straight when facing elimination isn't as easy as people are trying to make it seem. You are talking like Lakers have nothing to do with them losing these games.

Foster5k
05-10-2023, 03:32 PM
Warriors on the verge of elimination in game 5. I think the Lakers close it in 5.

They have no answer for AD and if he goes off it's over.

LeBron also could easily go off at any moment and take over if he wants to end it. Don't ever underestimate Bron's ability to drop 40+ even at 38. He's still one of the best players in the league if not the best overall player currently when he wants to be.

DLo also can get hot and spark an early lead for the Lakers that the Warriors can't climb out of.

AR-15 could have a break out game and drop 30+.

Rui could go off at any moment and have a big game.

And... we already saw Lonnie Walker go off and cook the Warriors in game 4.

The point is, the Lakers have way too many threats. It starts with AD and Bron and then you have deal with the rest.

This Lakers team is scary good. If I'm the Warriors, I have huge doubts about winning game 5. Of course, the Warriors can get hot from 3 and drop any team off in the league. It's a live by 3 or die by 3 scenario for the Warriors. They're going to come out swinging and raining 3s. They better hope and pray majority of them find their mark. If not, they're going fishing. Lakers have their number. IMO, this series ends in game 5.

tontoz
05-10-2023, 03:35 PM

Also Warriors weren't down 3-1 when they won 3 straight in these past two series.

I think winning 3 straight when facing elimination isn't as easy as people are trying to make it seem. You are talking like Lakers have nothing to do with them losing these games.

For the series the Lakers have outscored the Ws by 11 points total. That is a pretty narrow differential.

Goldrush25
05-10-2023, 03:39 PM
For the series the Lakers have outscored the Ws by 11 points total. That is a pretty narrow differential.

cool, what's the excuse going to be when the Warriors lose the series? I know there will be one.

tontoz
05-10-2023, 03:47 PM
cool, what's the excuse going to be when the Warriors lose the series? I know there will be one.

Why does there have to be an excuse? There is a lot of variance in games. Just in this series we have had blowouts by both teams. Ultimately it doesn't matter why a team won. They advance and the other team doesn't.

Bucks fans can say that they only lost because Giannis got hurt but it doesn't matter.

But when making predictions about future games point differential is a better predictor than record.

Nb1
05-10-2023, 04:34 PM

The thing is, 2 out of those 3 games are at home and you're the defending champ with 10 guys that have won the chip and have alot of playoff experience. Vanderbuilt was like 1-3 in playoff games till this season, Reeves 0-0, d'Lo 3-8. Those are your starters and the bench is even "worse". Other than Shroder no one there had any playoff experience, which matters alot in the postseason and in those crucial games.

I do hope the Lakers win tonight or game 6 though!

Axe
05-11-2023, 01:36 AM
That jordan poole and draymond green both sucked! :lol