PDA

View Full Version : Jim Boeheim finally out at Syracuse.

Kblaze8855
03-08-2023, 09:53 PM
I realize most modern NBA fans don’t care about college basketball, but a few of us old people no doubt remember when college basketball was considerably more popular than the NBA back when all the best players would stay for years and you really had super teams playing each other. Jim is one of the names you just knew. Damn near 50 years.

I don’t know if he’s the last one of those guys but he must be close.

Larry Brown never popped back up after SMU did he?

1987_Lakers
03-08-2023, 09:54 PM
About time

Kblaze8855
03-08-2023, 09:54 PM
Anyway he got Melo a ring towards the end of people caring about doing that in college. Melo came in with some “But we know he’s a winner” chatter that draft.

kawhileonard2
03-08-2023, 11:20 PM
The best player in the 2003 draft got Boeheim a ring.

AlternativeAcc.
03-08-2023, 11:23 PM
Not sure why, but I had an Eric Devendorf jersey at one point.

Lakers Legend#32
03-09-2023, 04:01 AM
He had to have been fired.

Why is the media not bringing this up?

Wally450
03-09-2023, 10:31 AM
He had to have been fired.

Why is the media not bringing this up?

I'm sure that's what happened, but because of what he's done at the school, they wanted to do it in a way that made it seem like Boeheim was leaving on his own. Just a nice gesture for all he's done.

Spuddywebby
03-09-2023, 11:40 AM
I realize most modern NBA fans don’t care about college basketball, but a few of us old people no doubt remember when college basketball was considerably more popular than the NBA back when all the best players would stay for years and you really had super teams playing each other. Jim is one of the names you just knew. Damn near 50 years.

I don’t know if he’s the last one of those guys but he must be close.

Larry Brown never popped back up after SMU did he?

Larry was assisting Penny at Memphis. I started watching Syracuse when Rony Seikaly was their big star. And the loss the Steve Alford’s Indiana team still kills me.

pandiani17
03-09-2023, 01:53 PM
I used to watch college hooops in the early 2000s, who can forget the legendary coaches such as Gary Williams, Lute Olson, Jim Harrick, Roy Williams, Jim Calhoun and of course, Jim Boeheim. I remember watching the final in 2003, Gerry McNamara going crazy scoring 3s in the first half and then Kansas almost coming back, but Hakim Warrick blocking the three in last play to avoid the Jayhawks tying the game. It's pretty sad what has happened to NCAA basketball, I loved watching the prospects stay in school and trying to win the big trophy year after year.

Gruppenführer
03-09-2023, 02:03 PM
About 10 years too late. It was fun watching him in the heyday of the Big East with John Thompson, P.J. Carlesimo, Rick Pitino, Leonard Hamilton, Jim Calhoun.