PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the Hawks front office is now headed up by… Landry Fields and Kyle Korver?

FultzNationRISE
01-13-2023, 02:00 PM
Just saw on ESPN Kyle Korver was promoted to assistant GM, where he’ll work under current GM… Landry Fields.

I had no idea either of those guys even worked for the Hawks, feels likey they were just playing in the league 15 minutes ago.

Makes me feel old af to hear all these guys I think of as players now being referred to as general managers :lol

ShawkFactory
01-13-2023, 02:17 PM
First call to action: Trade Trae Young.

Kblaze8855
01-13-2023, 02:24 PM
I know the feeling. Like when you don’t even realize a player isn’t in the league till you see him as an assistant coach then you realize he’s 42.

bison
01-13-2023, 02:24 PM

:facepalm

Kblaze8855
01-13-2023, 02:25 PM

to me he’s one of those type where all you do is trade him for young players and draft picks in the hopes you have another guy like him in five years. Better to just use him while he’s there. He’s just shy of that generational type you want in the draft anyway. And they’re hard to come by.

bison
01-13-2023, 02:33 PM
CockFactory is just hawks fan version of xiao. Like how xiao disses mitchell but stans gobert, cockfactory disses young and stans collins. I don't get these self hating fans.

ShawkFactory
01-13-2023, 02:46 PM
CockFactory is just hawks fan version of xiao. Like how xiao disses mitchell but stans gobert, cockfactory disses young and stans collins. I don't get these self hating fans.

Lol what? :lol

I’m not “dissing” Trae. He’s incredibly skilled and a great offensive player when allowed to play his game. But he’s absolutely dreadful defensively still and can’t play as effectively in a system. When he has the ball everyone else other than the lob man has nothing to do.

And he’s been horrible vibes this year.

I’m not even looking for a generational talent. Someone like even Devin Booker would be fine with me.

NBAGOAT
01-13-2023, 03:18 PM
Lol what? :lol

I’m not “dissing” Trae. He’s incredibly skilled and a great offensive player when allowed to play his game. But he’s absolutely dreadful defensively still and can’t play as effectively in a system. When he has the ball everyone else other than the lob man has nothing to do.

And he’s been horrible vibes this year.

I’m not even looking for a generational talent. Someone like even Devin Booker would be fine with me.

You want a package based around picks or another star player. Hawks will need the player if they want to compete at all even if they do have talent.

ShawkFactory
01-13-2023, 03:42 PM
You want a package based around picks or another star player. Hawks will need the player if they want to compete at all even if they do have talent.

Honestly, we aren’t going to compete either way like this so I might take it either way. But if it’s for another player I’d want a scoring perimeter guy who doesn’t handle the shit out of the ball. Let Murray be the full time PG and trade Trae to someone like the Wizards for Bradley Beal and pick. I’d be content with that.

FultzNationRISE
01-13-2023, 03:46 PM

Trae and John Collins for Herro, Oladipo, Lowry, Caleb Martin, Nikola Jovic, and picks.

Works in the trade machine. :confusedshrug:

WHO. SAYS. NO.

Patrick Chewing
01-13-2023, 04:21 PM
Boy was I extremely wrong in thinking this was a serious championship contending team. I mean, it could be, but Nate McMillan has NEVER EVER been a good coach. Getting rid of Huerter was an apparent mistake. But you look at that lineup, and you have at least 5-6 players that any team in the NBA would love to have. I still am pissed the Knicks passed on Griffin. And Trae needs to learn how to shoot. He is a chucker who takes bad shots plain and simple. He is also a turnover machine. But who is there on that team to rein him in? There is no veteran presence on that team and McMillan has flat out admitted those kids don't listen to him. Only reason I care about the Hawks so much is cause I put some money on these fools in the beginning of the season. I saw the additions of Murray and Griffin as much needed help for Trae and company and this team is nothing but mediocre. And they will be a lottery team soon enough. They need a defensive-minded coach without a doubt.

Axe
01-13-2023, 07:01 PM
Oh no, it's those whites again! :ohwell: