PDA

View Full Version : Should LA trade Westbrook still?

Im Still Ballin
12-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Say Indiana keeps losing and the Myles Turner & Buddy Hield trade is there. Should the Lakers do it? Westbrook's playmaking off the bench has played a part in AD's great play. But just to what extent?

I'd make the trade. What they'd lose in playmaking they'd make up for in defense, shooting, and depth. And besides: LeBron can become more of a playmaker like he was in 2019-2020. You'd be able to play Myles and Hield late in games too.

What do you think?

red1
12-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Say Indiana keeps losing and the Myles Turner & Buddy Hield trade is there. Should the Lakers do it? Westbrook's playmaking off the bench has played a part in AD's great play. But just to what extent?

I'd make the trade. What they'd lose in playmaking they'd make up for in defense, shooting, and depth. And besides: LeBron can become more of a playmaker like he was in 2019-2020. You'd be able to play Myles and Hield late in games too.

What do you think?

lakers need depth AD wont score 40 or 50 every game

agreed 100%. hield and turner are two very nice pieces for this team.

John8204
12-05-2022, 10:01 AM
Yes are you winning a title with Russ...no
Are you going to keep Russ next season...no

If you can get something for him and try and build around Baby Giraffe boy than you do it

SATAN
12-05-2022, 10:05 AM
I dunno, man. He's giving them some good energy and is good friends with the two top dogs. Something weird is happening. I'd consider looking at what else is possible first.

Then again...Should just do what the Kobe stans wanted like 20 days ago and trade AD and LeBron.

bladefd
12-05-2022, 01:47 PM
Depends on who it is for. Turner/Hield yes, Hayward/oubre no

AlternativeAcc.
12-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Of course.

Westbrook is unplayable in high pressure situations in the playoffs. Hield/Turner for westbrick would be a massive heist.

Westbricks negatives far outweigh his positives in the long run. He's cancer.

RRR3
12-05-2022, 02:20 PM
Should the Lakers get rid of a guy who has a rTS% or -8.6 and a RAPTOR of -3.9 and takes up 47 million a year, thus preventing them from signing better role players? What do you think?

ArbitraryWater
12-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Probably.

But they're gelling nicely now and he's solid in the 6th man role.

It wouldnt be the worst if they keep him.

But Hield and Turner are 2 damn good pieces.

Im Still Ballin
12-05-2022, 02:29 PM
lakers need depth AD wont score 40 or 50 every game

agreed 100%. hield and turner are two very nice pieces for this team.

Yes are you winning a title with Russ...no
Are you going to keep Russ next season...no

If you can get something for him and try and build around Baby Giraffe boy than you do it

I dunno, man. He's giving them some good energy and is good friends with the two top dogs. Something weird is happening. I'd consider looking at what else is possible first.

Then again...Should just do what the Kobe stans wanted like 20 days ago and trade AD and LeBron.

Depends on who it is for. Turner/Hield yes, Hayward/oubre no

Of course.

Westbrook is unplayable in high pressure situations in the playoffs. Hield/Turner for westbrick would be a massive heist.

Westbricks negatives far outweigh his positives in the long run. He's cancer.

Probably.

But they're gelling nicely now and he's solid in the 6th man role.

It wouldnt be the worst if they keep him.

But Hield and Turner are 2 damn good pieces.

Let's hope Indiana continues to lose games. Hopefully, they consider the LA trade to gain some picks and get off Hield's contract. A Davis-Turner duo would be formidable defensively - potentially better than Allen-Mobley and Horford-Williams.

Street Hunger
12-14-2022, 04:08 PM
And equally big question is, why would anyone trade for Russell Westbrook right now, and I mean that seriously like what's the motive, what sort of team should actually attempt to acquire him

Axe
12-14-2022, 04:34 PM
Wishful thinking.

RRR3
12-14-2022, 04:41 PM
Should the Lakers get rid of a guy who has a rTS% or -8.6 and a RAPTOR of -3.9 and takes up 47 million a year, thus preventing them from signing better role players? What do you think?
rTS% now -8.8 and RAPTOR now -4.6. Disasterbrook :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
12-14-2022, 05:19 PM
And equally big question is, why would anyone trade for Russell Westbrook right now, and I mean that seriously like what's the motive, what sort of team should actually attempt to acquire him

This.

If Turner and Hield have legitimate value as players, there is no reason to trade them for Wbrook. Indiana is not in the tax as far as Im aware, nor do they need to clear space for some big free agent signing this offseason. I dont see any logic around trading those two away for Westbrook straight up.

Ofc if youre the Lakers, you do it in a heartbeat. It only seems like Russ is playing “well” now because it’s improvement on his historically horrific level of last year and early this year. He’s not an objectively good player. He’s still a low IQ loose cannon. If youre playing the odds without emotional attachment, theres no way you see this guy as likely to be reliable late in the season when something might matter. You take whatever the best deal you can get for him is if youre serious about trying to make a run this season.

Again I dont see how or why anything of value would be available FOR him… but if it is, dear God you take it.

Full Court
12-14-2022, 08:02 PM
Keep in mind, Westbrook's defensive plays and clutch baskets were the only reason the Lakers even made it to OT last night.

NBAGOAT
12-14-2022, 08:19 PM
eh yes but AD at center is working pretty well and lonnie walker is set at sg. Turner/hield would change both situations and no at this stage you dont want lebron as your only playmaker. I would still do the deal ofc because they are instantly the 3rd and 4th best players on the lakers but I'm looking at other offers too. Indiana would do this deal for 1st round picks, to tank, and get off hield's long term money.

Right now lakers need a wing who can shoot and a point guard if they trade westbrook because nunn/beverley/schroeder have done nothing. Hindsight bias says they really should've made the westbrook for conley/bojan trade with utah and utah would've maybe settled for one 1st(conley is negative value, bojan not worth a 1st by himself). Right now I just look to move bev/nunn for a wing shooter. Bojan is main guy but there are others on tanking teams like eric gordon, terrence ross etc. Westbrook for another point guard and other pieces, conley is still the main guy.

bladefd
12-14-2022, 08:38 PM
eh yes but AD at center is working pretty well and lonnie walker is set at sg. Turner/hield would change both situations and no at this stage you dont want lebron as your only playmaker. I would still do the deal ofc because they are instantly the 3rd and 4th best players on the lakers but I'm looking at other offers too. Indiana would do this deal for 1st round picks, to tank, and get off hield's long term money.

Right now lakers need a wing who can shoot and a point guard if they trade westbrook because nunn/beverley/schroeder have done nothing. Hindsight bias says they really should've made the westbrook for conley/bojan trade with utah and utah would've maybe settled for one 1st(conley is negative value, bojan not worth a 1st by himself). Right now I just look to move bev/nunn for a wing shooter. Bojan is main guy but there are others on tanking teams like eric gordon, terrence ross etc. Westbrook for another point guard and other pieces, conley is still the main guy.

I think I agree with you. Westbrook should bring in either a decent wing and/or a pg. Hmm, I just don't know who. Perhaps the Hornets with Rozier/Hayward but their contracts blow balls. Who else is available??

NBAGOAT
12-14-2022, 09:12 PM
rozier/oubre is something i've seen. Knicks are open to trading forunier and rose but I think both are washed personally. Also seen some people suggest a raptors blow up if they lose more, fvv and maybe gary trent would be pretty ideal.

kawhileonard2
12-14-2022, 10:37 PM
Why trade a league mvp winner and the all time leader in triple doubles? It's like trading peak Oscar Robertson and Kareem not having him.