PDA

View Full Version : If the lakers make it deep into the playoffs..keep westbrook?? Scenario inside

TAZORAC
11-21-2022, 04:17 PM
Your in the Lakers front office this season. The LAKERS suprisingly turn things around and make it deep into the playoffs. Do you keep Westbrook next season and just restructure his contract (pay him WAYYY less money), or do you let him go eventhough the Lakers made it to game 7 of the WCF?

Just a hypothetical question

HoopologyPhD
11-21-2022, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't do it, Westbrook has shown what he is, a player with limited skills and bball IQ that managed to have a nice looking career due to athleticism. Probably not a great mentor or someone you would want around young players. Very similar career ending to Iverson and others who never really worked on their game that much in their younger days because it wasn't necessary.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2022, 04:45 PM
if(when) you don't make a deep run in the playoffs why would you keep Lebron, Davis or Westbrook?

TAZORAC
11-21-2022, 05:05 PM
if(when) you don't make a deep run in the playoffs why would you keep Lebron, Davis or Westbrook?

Ticket sales

Axe
11-21-2022, 05:07 PM
How old is the guy again?

TAZORAC
11-21-2022, 05:17 PM
How old is the guy again?

Old in NBA years, 33

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2022, 05:48 PM
Ticket sales

Lakers have the biggest tv contract in the league. They'll be fine if some movie stars don't come to the games for a few years

Full Court
11-21-2022, 07:06 PM
It really depends on how he plays and how much he contributes to their success. You can't judge whether to keep or trade a single player based on how far the team goes - unless you feel that Westbrook is the center of gravity that the team revolves around....

TAZORAC
11-21-2022, 09:41 PM
It really depends on how he plays and how much he contributes to their success. You can't judge whether to keep or trade a single player based on how far the team goes - unless you feel that Westbrook is the center of gravity that the team revolves around....

Well as I said at the BEGINNING OF LAST SEASON, Westbrook is the Lakers best facilitator and one of the best in the league. He's at his best with finishers and 3 point shooters because of his ability to drive to the basket and find the open man. 13-17 points per game and 10-13 assist in his perfect stat line.

Full Court
11-22-2022, 12:03 AM
Well as I said at the BEGINNING OF LAST SEASON, Westbrook is the Lakers best facilitator and one of the best in the league. He's at his best with finishers and 3 point shooters because of his ability to drive to the basket and find the open man. 13-17 points per game and 10-13 assist in his perfect stat line.

It's pretty obvious that he doesn't mesh well with Lebron. If you're going to keep Lebron, you should probably get rid of Westbrook. At this point though, I'd probably get rid of Lebron and keep Westbrook. He's a better fit with the rest of the team and their fast-paced game.

Jasper
11-22-2022, 11:39 AM
he made his money now the question is , would he take less than 10mill ??

He is great off the bench , and quite frankly I am really surprised / but I think a lot has to do with Ham.

TAZORAC
11-27-2022, 07:35 AM
It's pretty obvious that he doesn't mesh well with Lebron. If you're going to keep Lebron, you should probably get rid of Westbrook. At this point though, I'd probably get rid of Lebron and keep Westbrook. He's a better fit with the rest of the team and their fast-paced game.

If LBJ breaks the points record this year, I'd get rid of him next season. For the first time in his career, he doesn't make the team better. His brand of basketball doesn't work for a 38 year old who can't drive to the basket at will anymore.

Westbrook is the better facilitator.