PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Out Indefinitely Amid ACL Recovery

1987_Lakers
11-07-2022, 11:37 AM
Clippers coach Tyronn Lue said forward Kawhi Leonard is out indefinitely as the team continues to exercise caution with its star forward while he works his way back from reconstructive knee surgery.

“There’s really not a timeframe of when he’s going to be back.” - Lue

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/11/07/clippers-kawhi-leonard-out-indefinitely-amid-acl-recovery

Kblaze8855
11-07-2022, 11:57 AM
I read about that. I was wondering if there was a specific setback but all I find is general stiffness. I suppose they don’t really care what he does now if they can make the playoffs but I wonder how limited they have to make him. No back to backs obviously. They gonna play him like Walton on the Clippers with no road games and extra days on top of it?

If you look it up you figure Walton was injured those couple years he played the most in San Diego but he was generally ok just being played very limited games for his health.

Kwahi might as well become officially part time at this point. Sucks for the team they can’t part time pay him but they’re well over the cap they next couple years even if he cut his deal in half so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

FultzNationRISE
11-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Whatever happened to that deer antler spray or whatever it was that had some publicity a few years ago, basically making the body heal in no time?? I remember a couple NFL players supposedly were using it to make speedy recoveries. Is that stuff on the banned substances list? Or is it not as effective as people thought?

Kinda amazing that with unlimited resources (which the Clippers for all practical purposes have) you can literally cure AIDS at this point but you cant fix a sore knee.

Phoenix
11-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Speaking the obvious but he's pretty much done as a prominent player.

RRR3
11-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Don’t think he’s gonna play much longer. But he had a career to be proud of for sure.

Axe
11-07-2022, 12:52 PM
https://media.tenor.com/43kZp_2J0qEAAAAC/kobe-bryant-nba.gif

Nike D'Antoni
11-07-2022, 12:54 PM
He will be back the year he is due a new contract.

dankok8
11-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Shit man.. He's been my favorite player in the league for a few years. Tons of fun to watch and brought my Raps a championship. Always gonna be a legend in T Dot! :rockon:

Real Men Wear Green
11-07-2022, 01:21 PM
https://media.tenor.com/43kZp_2J0qEAAAAC/kobe-bryant-nba.gif

He's had too great of a career to get that label. The problem is that the Clippers have him a huge contract that he definitely won't be worth paying but that's between him and them. Besides they paid him knowing he has issues.

But without disrespecting Leonard there are a few fans on this site that should understand that ranking Leonard based on what he might do if he was healthy isn't relevant and hasn't been for a few years now.

Mask the Embiid
11-07-2022, 01:22 PM
Some people would call him the best player on the planet. Stopped Curry from 3 peating. Stopped Lebron from 3 peating. Destroyed Giannis in the playoffs. Beat Luka’s ass in the playoffs multiple times. Beat playoff Jimmy with embiid. Beat harden in the playoffs. Highest win percentage of any player in nba history. And we pretty much missed out on half his career. The only time we ever seen him catch a rhythm without getting hurt was in the 2019 playoffs. In 2017 or 2018 he was up like 20+ points on the kd warriors in game 1.

Akeem34TheDream
11-07-2022, 01:27 PM
Yeah i expected this. It was a pleasure watching Kawhi. He was so good.

tontoz
11-07-2022, 02:07 PM
He will be back the year he is due a new contract.

Yeah if this was a contract year i am sure he would be out there.

AlternativeAcc.
11-07-2022, 02:33 PM
Shit man.. He's been my favorite player in the league for a few years. Tons of fun to watch and brought my Raps a championship. Always gonna be a legend in T Dot! :rockon:

He hasn't even played in a few years. Shut up.

Injuries and luck brought Raptors a championship.

bison
11-07-2022, 02:35 PM
His training staff is always vague about the extent of his injuries. why is this? Even since his last season in SA its been that way. Are they trying to protect his value?

AlternativeAcc.
11-07-2022, 02:40 PM
His training staff is always vague about the extent of his injuries. why is this? Even since his last season in SA its been that way. Are they trying to protect his value?

Yeah, saying he's a giant lazy puccy wouldn't be the best for his image, so they pretend his injuries are all a mystery and wildly unpredictable. The general public eats it up.

dankok8
11-07-2022, 02:40 PM
He hasn't even played in a few years. Shut up.

Injuries and luck brought Raptors a championship.

KD's injury definitely helped but then again we were pretty large underdogs going into those finals. Warriors -270 Raptors +230.

Every team has luck. The whole team played their asses off but Kawhi was our best player who carried us through big moments.

AlternativeAcc.
11-07-2022, 02:47 PM
KD's injury definitely helped but then again we were pretty large underdogs going into those finals. Warriors -270 Raptors +230.

Every team has luck. The whole team played their asses off but Kawhi was our best player who carried us through big moments.

Yes, Klay and Durant being injured is why the Raptors won. And Raps were pretty stacked that year. Super deep team.

red1
11-07-2022, 03:44 PM

yeah we finna throw a party for him every time he's here....

AFTER he retires....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExemplaryCheapCapybara-max-1mb.gif

red1
11-07-2022, 03:45 PM
clippers are a dogshit franchise - gotta load manage him 30 games a year or he won't do shit for you...

they half assed the kawhi load-management program

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExemplaryCheapCapybara-max-1mb.gif

Smook A.
11-07-2022, 03:56 PM
That really blows. I was looking forward to seeing a healthy Clippers team with Kawhi & PG. I don't think Kawhi has that long before he retires

red1
11-07-2022, 03:59 PM
clippers are a dogshit franchise

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oGNDk2Ue1PbGr8qty/giphy.gif

Akeem34TheDream
11-07-2022, 04:00 PM
I remember Shogon saying Kawhi has a degenerative injury like 3 years ago. He was right after all i guess. And i wonder what HBK is doing these days.

fantasy
11-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Kawhi & Kyrie might be done with NBA.

HylianNightmare
11-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Crazy bad luck

fsvr54
11-07-2022, 05:14 PM
I remember Shogon saying Kawhi has a degenerative injury like 3 years ago. He was right after all i guess. And i wonder what HBK is doing these days.

I heard the same thing around that time. What a shame, Kawhi is the most exciting player in the league.

RRR3
11-07-2022, 05:27 PM
Kawhi & Kyrie might be done with NBA.
Yeah but it’s not Kawhi’s fault he’s done. Kyrie would be fine if he could stop being a dumb piece of shit

Spurs m8
11-07-2022, 05:42 PM
Nephew and uncle Denis are scam artists

fantasy
11-07-2022, 05:43 PM
Yeah but it’s not Kawhi’s fault he’s done. Kyrie would be fine if he could stop being a dumb piece of shit

Yeh, I don't disagree.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2022, 05:44 PM

lmao HBK

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2022, 05:45 PM

Im pretty sure being dumb (he's smarter than you for sure) has never stopped people from playing basketball.

That woud be corporate interests

RRR3
11-07-2022, 05:46 PM
d-duh-uhhh I'm a Nazi
:biggums:

fantasy
11-07-2022, 05:48 PM
:biggums:

:rolleyes:

fantasy
11-07-2022, 06:01 PM
Kawhi signing that 4-year deal instead of signing the 1+1 to wait on the supermax makes sense now.

fantasy
11-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Kawhi Leonard is expected to miss his 8th straight game today against the Cavaliers due to knee injury management.

The timetable on his return to the court remains “uncertain”

Phoenix
11-07-2022, 06:58 PM

Yeah it's pretty clearly one but they're very careful about how information is disseminated about it.

fantasy
11-07-2022, 07:59 PM
"We don't hold Kawhi accountable enough..we talk about Anthony Davis not being available, we don't put Kawhi in that group. We don't say nothing about him always being in street clothes."

- Paul Pierce

Axe
11-07-2022, 08:02 PM
He's had too great of a career to get that label. The problem is that the Clippers have him a huge contract that he definitely won't be worth paying but that's between him and them. Besides they paid him knowing he has issues.

But without disrespecting Leonard there are a few fans on this site that should understand that ranking Leonard based on what he might do if he was healthy isn't relevant and hasn't been for a few years now.
Lol sorry. I was trying to mean what or how he's been for this fresh decade tho. It's clear how feeble he became after getting older since his 2019 victory.

Micku
11-08-2022, 02:43 AM
Yeah this sucks. He was one of my favorite players to watch. Always loved watching him play. I hope he can recover, but idk if he'll be the same. Best of luck to him.

TheGoatest
11-08-2022, 04:13 AM
History will remember that the one season the Kawhi-George Clippers were healthy, this happened:

https://library.sportingnews.com/styles/crop_style_16_9_mobile_2x/s3/2021-08/lebron-james-2020-finals_1c7oatt1d66px13msdxx1p3rds.jpg?itok=kdjITLX S

warriorfan
11-08-2022, 04:17 AM
Some people would call him the best player on the planet. Stopped Curry from 3 peating. Stopped Lebron from 3 peating. Destroyed Giannis in the playoffs. Beat Luka’s ass in the playoffs multiple times. Beat playoff Jimmy with embiid. Beat harden in the playoffs. Highest win percentage of any player in nba history. And we pretty much missed out on half his career. The only time we ever seen him catch a rhythm without getting hurt was in the 2019 playoffs. In 2017 or 2018 he was up like 20+ points on the kd warriors in game 1.

I got banned from real gm for telling people in 2014 and 2015 that Leonard will be the best player in the league. lol