PDA

View Full Version : Giannis early favorite for MVP??

Patrick Chewing
10-30-2022, 01:05 AM
Dude is beasting.

34.5 PPG

13.3 RPG

6.3 APG

1.8 BPG

Paolo Banchero
10-30-2022, 01:06 AM
I think so. And Bucks look like cakewalking to the title the way its going.
Its early still.

1987_Lakers
10-30-2022, 01:12 AM
Easily, but still too early.

ShawkFactory
10-30-2022, 01:13 AM
I mean yea he’s the best player in the world so it’s always easy to label him as MVP. I think the Bucks are gunning for it this year though and will win 65+ games so it’ll be obvious at that point.

Naero
10-30-2022, 01:59 AM
He’s definitely the current frontrunner. He’s continuing to validate his BITW title, he’s leading the only still-undefeated team in the league, and he has a favorable narrative with three rotational players (including his second option) still sidelined.

Not sure how sustainable it is, though. The Bucks are on one of the easiest legs of their schedule at the moment, and I could see them struggling against tougher opponents while Middleton is still rusty/injured. Plus, the team is probably done overreaching in the regular season, meaning Giannis will load-manage once the rest of the team is healthier.

He’s bound to remain in the mix throughout the season, but he’ll have competition among all the younger, hungrier MVP-level stars like Doncic and Mitchell.

TheGoatest
10-30-2022, 02:27 AM
Due to voter fatigue, he will have to make it extra obvious that he is the MVP.

tontoz
10-30-2022, 08:51 AM
You can pencil him in as a MVP finalist before every season starts, as long as he stays relatively healthy. Over the previous 4 seasons his worst ranking in the MVP vote was 4th.

Jasper
10-30-2022, 10:05 AM
You can pencil him in as a MVP finalist before every season starts, as long as he stays relatively healthy. Over the previous 4 seasons his worst ranking in the MVP vote was 4th.

jokic is still top dog / because his team starts with him on every possession.
Giannis has a rotating scheme , so at times the ball never sees his hands.

FultzNationRISE
10-30-2022, 10:25 AM
Lebron is the clear favorite but after that Giannis is certainly in the discussion.

L.Kizzle
10-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Middleton won't be back for another 2-3 weeks as well

tontoz
10-30-2022, 10:59 AM
jokic is still top dog / because his team starts with him on every possession.
Giannis has a rotating scheme , so at times the ball never sees his hands.

I like jokic but he isn't winning it this year. I doubt he will even be a finalist.

First of all he has Murray and MPJ back so he won't be shooting as much. Secondly they aren't going to give him 3 straight MVPs. Not happening.

FultzNationRISE
10-30-2022, 10:59 AM
Middleton won't be back for another 2-3 weeks as well

I keep forgetting he's even on their team.

That's kinda dumb from a league parity standpoint, he needs to be sent to LAL.

noonereal
10-30-2022, 11:10 AM
Giannis early favorite for MVP??

Ja

Full Court
10-30-2022, 12:29 PM
He's always in the running. Others that look to be in the running so far are Morant, Jokic, Doncic, and (dare I say it) Trae Young.

beau_boy04
10-30-2022, 01:37 PM
whats going on with Middleton? he was injured last season and to start the season he's not playing lol.

but yeah and i hope Giannis continue to dominate and wins the MVP and title this year. cause thats gonna fuel more nasty conversations between the old and new media. lol

John8204
10-30-2022, 01:48 PM
I don't know if they are going to give him a third MVP. Booker and the Suns seem like they are going to be a top seed and this year he might get 30PPG.

Jasper
10-30-2022, 05:31 PM
Lebron is the clear favorite but after that Giannis is certainly in the discussion.

:lebronamazed:

Naero
10-30-2022, 08:08 PM
Due to voter fatigue, he will have to make it extra obvious that he is the MVP.

Why would this still be a considerable factor? It’s been two years since he won his last MVP. The media also can’t hold his playoff flameouts against him anymore considering he’s consistently dominated in that realm since.

Might they find it more refreshing to award it to a younger star for the first time? Sure, but they’re unlikely to let that be the overriding factor in this case.

As long as Giannis continues playing like the BITW while anchoring the winningest team (the latter being a big if, granted), the award is probably his to lose.