PDA

View Full Version : Bruh wtf got into thon maker in the CBA lol?

Mask the Embiid
10-14-2022, 05:08 AM
https://youtu.be/yLpMOAMqm9A

Just skip to 1:17 :oldlol::roll::applause:. What the **** is going on?

Jud
10-14-2022, 06:34 AM
Looked like the black KD with that shot

90sgoat
10-14-2022, 09:37 AM
There's nothing stopping the CBA from becoming one of the best leagues in the world. They must have tons of money considering how popular basketball is.

I don't know how good chinese players are though.

ralph_i_el
10-15-2022, 01:40 PM
I read a post by a Chinese guy saying that most of the CBA Chinese players came up through basketball schools and don't really love the game, they just do it as a profession. Then they get foreign guys as the main attraction and just try to run it through those guys as much as possible. He said the Chinese players just pass and cut hard without really wanting to make plays, just wanting to look active.

Ever since then I have looked for this tendency when China's national team plays, and it seems true.

That being said, I played a game of pickup in Beijing when I was 16 and a kid bust a 360 layup out on me.

HylianNightmare
10-15-2022, 03:51 PM
The life

Xiao Yao You
10-15-2022, 04:19 PM
I read a post by a Chinese guy saying that most of the CBA Chinese players came up through basketball schools and don't really love the game, they just do it as a profession. Then they get foreign guys as the main attraction and just try to run it through those guys as much as possible. He said the Chinese players just pass and cut hard without really wanting to make plays, just wanting to look active.

Ever since then I have looked for this tendency when China's national team plays, and it seems true.

That being said, I played a game of pickup in Beijing when I was 16 and a kid bust a 360 layup out on me.

Chinese are a passive people. They've had some talented guys but they were too soft for the NBA. Even Yao took time to become a more aggressive player. The CBA should add at least one more lao wai(foreigner) to their teams. The league would be a lot better for it

90sgoat
10-16-2022, 08:57 AM
Asian culture is collectivist.

They literally enjoy being part of a system, the hive, so to speak.

When I played streetball in Asia, it was common for everyone to have to touch the ball before attempting a shot. Not like a rule, just an understanding that this was the way.

Pitbull
10-16-2022, 02:04 PM
Yeh I agree on Asian being soft. Basketball is physical game