PDA

View Full Version : Was jordon scared of Dominique Wilkins, and actively dodging him?

TheGoatest
08-25-2022, 04:18 PM
The interactions between these two were mostly known for their dunk contest duel, when jordon "won" (:rolleyes:) the 1988 dunk contest.
But we could've had a showdown between them in the first round of the 1987 playoffs. Had the sub-.500 Bulls managed to snag the 7th seed, that is.
Instead, the 7th seed went to an all-star-less team whose best player and leading scorer by a substantial margin was a rookie Chuck Person.

The only logical explanation I can come up with for the Bulls finishing below such a featureless team is that jordon was actively trying to dodge facing Dominique in the playoffs. Instead he opted for being swept by Larry Bird, in an attempt to extort sympathy where people say "Well, of course, he had no chance of beating Larry friggin Bird" after he lost.

The only other explanation is that the 3rd season/24 year-old jordon was less of a winner than a rookie Chuck Person. And surely, that can't be the case, right?..... Right???

Bawkish
08-26-2022, 02:43 AM
The life of a nightshift janitor

MrFonzworth
08-26-2022, 02:58 AM
OP is actively dodging a shower

Round Mound
08-26-2022, 03:01 AM
:facepalm

Spurs m8
08-26-2022, 03:52 AM
Just as scared as you going outside in summer

HylianNightmare
08-26-2022, 04:59 AM
Almost a short story you wrote

Axe
08-26-2022, 05:31 AM
:milton

3ba11
08-26-2022, 01:13 PM
They faced each other in the 93' Playoffs

Jordan had to carry the Bulls because Pippen averaged 15 on 33% and got demolished by Dominique (30 on 44%) and Kevin Willis (19 on 50%)

TheGoatest
08-26-2022, 01:36 PM
Sidenote:
Like jordon, Dominique had 0 all-star teammates in 1986-87. His team's record? 57-25. jordon's team's record: 40-42.
The Indiana Pacers had 0 all-stars whatsoever and they had a 41-41 record.
...then along came Scottie.

meat
08-26-2022, 02:59 PM
Everybody just ignored you or laughed at you and you're still trying to push your thread to prove some idiotic point.

TheGoatest
08-26-2022, 03:02 PM
Everybody just ignored you or laughed at you and you're still trying to push your thread to prove some idiotic point.

"Everybody", huh?

https://images4.imagebam.com/78/53/0e/MECFW4D_o.png

:oldlol:

And the only thing I saw was "everybody" dodging to discuss the actual subject of the thread, much like jordon was dodging Dominique in 1987. :roll:

3ba11
08-26-2022, 03:16 PM
Sidenote:
Like jordon, Dominique had 0 all-star teammates in 1986-87. His team's record? 57-25. jordon's team's record: 40-42.
The Indiana Pacers had 0 all-stars whatsoever and they had a 41-41 record.

1987 was Dominique's 5th healthy season with the Hawks and therefore comparable to 90' Jordan

So you're doing the same thing with Dominique that you did with Lebron... Lebron needed 3 seasons to develop his team into a veteran high seed before entering the 06' Playoffs, yet you compare that to Jordan's rookie 8 seeds...

Jordan's 3rd healthy season was 88', where he made the 2nd Round just like 06' Lebron.. The difference was that Jordan had a rookie, low seed in a conference that required a super-team to win, while Lebron had favored, high seeds in a conference that 1-star teams routinely won (Kidd, Iverson, Dwight).

Patrick Chewing
08-26-2022, 03:34 PM
If we take the OP's post seriously, then why was Dominique dodging Jordan all throughout the 90's??

meat
08-26-2022, 03:53 PM
"Everybody", huh?

https://images4.imagebam.com/78/53/0e/MECFW4D_o.png

:oldlol:

And the only thing I saw was "everybody" dodging to discuss the actual subject of the thread, much like jordon was dodging Dominique in 1987. :roll:

See, this is your true agenda. Obsessing over a bunch of other dudes on this big circle jerk forum.

But to answer your question, no, I don't think he was dodging him. We all know Jordan was a psychopathic competitor.
His 86-87 team was garbage compared to the Hawks. Gene Banks (who?) and Earl Cureton playing 25 min a game? Cmon.

AirBonner
08-26-2022, 03:55 PM

You are actively dodging your fishing pole you Alaskan mutt

TheGoatest
08-26-2022, 04:22 PM
See, this is your true agenda. Obsessing over a bunch of other dudes on this big circle jerk forum.

But to answer your question, no, I don't think he was dodging him. We all know Jordan was a psychopathic competitor.
His 86-87 team was garbage compared to the Hawks. Gene Banks (who?) and Earl Cureton playing 25 min a game? Cmon.

How about jordon having a teammate who averaged 14.5 ppg, 13.1 rpg and 3.6 apg.
Who else had this statline since? Barkley, Shaq, Garnett, Giannis, Jokic and...?

Anyway, you'd think that jordon's alleged "GOATness" at the age of 24 in his 3rd season would be enough to make up the difference between his Bulls team and an Indiana Pacers team whose best player by far and leading scorer by a substantial margin was a 22 year-old rookie Chuck Person. A team where some guy named Steve Stipanovich played 34 minutes per game, and a Vern Fleming played 31 mpg. You'd think that...

bison
08-26-2022, 04:47 PM
lol@all the first page slays. OP walked right into a gang rape :oldlol:

meat
08-26-2022, 05:04 PM
How about jordon having a teammate who averaged 14.5 ppg, 13.1 rpg and 3.6 apg.
Who else had this statline since? Barkley, Shaq, Garnett, Giannis, Jokic and...?

Anyway, you'd think that jordon's alleged "GOATness" at the age of 24 in his 3rd season would be enough to make up the difference between his Bulls team and an Indiana Pacers team whose best player by far and leading scorer by a substantial margin was a 22 year-old rookie Chuck Person. A team where some guy named Steve Stipanovich played 34 minutes per game, and a Vern Fleming played 31 mpg. You'd think that...

It was basically Jordan's second season. Like the Brian Williams thread you seem to ignore these things. It was also Oakley's second season. Indiana only finished one game ahead and lost in the first round so I don't know what your agenda is.

Spurs m8
08-26-2022, 05:11 PM
lol@all the first page slays. OP walked right into a gang rape :oldlol:

:roll:

meat
08-26-2022, 05:18 PM
Listen to how stupid you sound. You honestly believe Jordan thought "We have to lose some games so we can get crushed by the Celtics because i'm afraid of Nique and this way everybody will feel sorry for me." You don't believe that at all.

TheGoatest
08-26-2022, 05:31 PM
It's either that or him flat out being incapable of leading his team to as many wins as a rookie Chuck Person and a bunch of other role players.

3ba11
08-26-2022, 05:35 PM
It's either that or him flat out being incapable of leading his team to as many wins as a rookie Chuck Person and a bunch of other role players.

HOF Jack Ramsey took over as coach in 87'

meat
08-26-2022, 05:50 PM

You're insufferable. I'm done with your inanity. You don't believe a word you say.

ShawkFactory
08-26-2022, 05:52 PM
They faced each other in the 93' Playoffs

Jordan had to carry the Bulls because Pippen averaged 15 on 33% and got demolished by Dominique (30 on 44%) and Kevin Willis (19 on 50%)

You think Jordan HAD to carry them against the 43 win Hawks, lest they lose?

And why are you talking about Dominque, a first option, destroying Pippen?

And why did you lie so egregiously about Willis’s numbers?

So weird.

3ba11
08-26-2022, 10:01 PM
You think Jordan HAD to carry them against the 43 win Hawks, lest they lose?

Pippen had his hands full defensively with Nique and Willis, so he was worthless offensively

Jordan simply resorted to Doug Collins' offense on those Hawks - that was the way to beat them because Pippen obviously was worthless

And why are you talking about Dominque, a first option, destroying Pippen?

Pippen defended Dominique, who doubled his average, and was still outplayed by Willis too.

And why did you lie so egregiously about Willis’s numbers?

I confused Willis' numbers with X-Man's from the 92' Semis where X-Man ate Pippen.

ShawkFactory
08-26-2022, 10:18 PM
Pippen had his hands full defensively with Nique and Willis, so he was worthless offensively

Jordan simply resorted to Doug Collins' offense on those Hawks - that was the way to beat them because Pippen obviously was worthless

Pippen defended Dominique, who doubled his average, and was still outplayed by Willis too.

I confused Willis' numbers with X-Man's from the 92' Semis where X-Man ate Pippen.

No you didn’t :lol

3ba11
08-27-2022, 12:26 AM
No you didn’t :lol

I did, hence the 19 on 50% (X-Man's numbers in the 92' Semis)

TheGoatest
08-27-2022, 01:40 AM
You're insufferable. I'm done with your inanity. You don't believe a word you say.

Yes, I don't believe the history books that say the jordon-led 1986-87 Chicago Bulls had a 40-42 record, whereas the Chuck Person-led 1986-87 Indiana Pacers had a 41-41 record. I don't believe it. It's fake news. :oldlol: The Bulls really had 55 wins.

ShawkFactory
08-27-2022, 10:15 AM
I did, hence the 19 on 50% (X-Man's numbers in the 92' Semis)

I'm aware of what his numbers were. My point is that so did you (you reference it maybe once a month).

Just a weird tactic.

TheGoatest
08-27-2022, 10:44 AM
1987 was Dominique's 5th healthy season with the Hawks and therefore comparable to 90' Jordan

So you're doing the same thing with Dominique that you did with Lebron... Lebron needed 3 seasons to develop his team into a veteran high seed before entering the 06' Playoffs, yet you compare that to Jordan's rookie 8 seeds...

Jordan's 3rd healthy season was 88', where he made the 2nd Round just like 06' Lebron.. The difference was that Jordan had a rookie, low seed in a conference that required a super-team to win, while Lebron had favored, high seeds in a conference that 1-star teams routinely won (Kidd, Iverson, Dwight).

It's about seasons in the league, huh?

Hey, everybody, wanna see a magic trick? Wanna see how to make a jordon extremist alt who just emphasized "seasons in the league" flip-flop and desperately downplay the "seasons in the league" aspect through desperate, gibberish counter-"arguments"? All you need to do is point this out:

jordon's 14th season in the league: 22.9 ppg on .416, 5.7 rpg & 5.2 apg, No All-NBA selection
jordon's 15th season in the league: 20.0 ppg on .445, 6.1 rpg & 3.8 apg, No All-NBA selection

LeBron's 14th season in the league: 26.4 ppg on .548, 8.6 rpg & 8.7 apg, All-NBA 1st team
LeBron's 15th season in the league: 27.5 ppg on .542, 8.6 rpg & 9.1 apg, All-NBA 1st team

And POOF! That's how you make a jordon extremist alt flip-flop on something he just emphasized. If he dares reply, that is.

kawhileonard2
08-27-2022, 10:25 PM
The interactions between these two were mostly known for their dunk contest duel, when jordon "won" (:rolleyes:) the 1988 dunk contest.
But we could've had a showdown between them in the first round of the 1987 playoffs. Had the sub-.500 Bulls managed to snag the 7th seed, that is.
Instead, the 7th seed went to an all-star-less team whose best player and leading scorer by a substantial margin was a rookie Chuck Person.

The only logical explanation I can come up with for the Bulls finishing below such a featureless team is that jordon was actively trying to dodge facing Dominique in the playoffs. Instead he opted for being swept by Larry Bird, in an attempt to extort sympathy where people say "Well, of course, he had no chance of beating Larry friggin Bird" after he lost.

The only other explanation is that the 3rd season/24 year-old jordon was less of a winner than a rookie Chuck Person. And surely, that can't be the case, right?..... Right???

Yep was scared that in 1993 he swept him. Lebron was scared of Kobe though. He also was scared of Dwight that he needed him to join his squad after Dwight beat him with HCA.