View Full Version : Cedric Maxwell: Draymond Green ‘Knocked TF OUT in 80’s’

Lebron23
08-20-2022, 07:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmkSHB8EI3A

1981 Finals MVP Cedrick Maxwell

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

FultzNationRISE
08-20-2022, 09:26 AM
Ced knows. Dray loves to yap, but he’d fold up quick if someone really brought the smoke to him which nobody actually does in this era.

The only true old-school tough guy in this era is LeBruiser, and Green is friends with him so he aint gotta worry about it. But in the old days he’d be gettin mushed quick for his bullshit.

highwhey
08-20-2022, 10:05 AM
Ced knows. Dray loves to yap, but he’d fold up quick if someone really brought the smoke to him which nobody actually does in this era.

The only true old-school tough guy in this era is LeBruiser, and Green is friends with him so he aint gotta worry about it. But in the old days he’d be gettin mushed quick for his bullshit.

Reminds me of yourself, you love to type but you'd catch a fade REAL quick in person.

i mean, you pvssied out when deucewallaces was up to meeting up in person to squabble...a tree researcher that looks like Amy Pohler...why in the world would you run away from that? much less dodge deuece's phone call. :roll:

RRR3
08-20-2022, 11:20 PM
Reminds me of yourself, you love to type but you'd catch a fade REAL quick in person.

i mean, you pvssied out when deucewallaces was up to meeting up in person to squabble...a tree researcher that looks like Amy Pohler...why in the world would you run away from that? much less dodge deuece's phone call. :roll:
:yaohappy: WHAT????

MrFonzworth
08-20-2022, 11:44 PM

:yaohappy:

bdonovan
08-21-2022, 06:03 AM
Nothing like being overweight, in a suit jacket and glasses talking about who'll get knocked out. Take a look at old pictures of Maxwell in the 80's- mostly skin and bones. Look at players like Green today- they have a musculature that few had back then. They're stronger.

Far as the game being "tougher" in the 80s, I think too many confuse one team, the Pistons, with the entire league. Outside of them, I don't recall it being night and day, compared to now. You could get away with more; but not much more; our playoffs today were like their regular season in terms of physicality allowed.

Draymond plays in the league he does. If he played a different way he'd foul out by halftime. If he had the strength advantage he does over 80's players (not just him, but many modern players), and played back then, you can bet they'd be using their physciality a lot more if they could get away with it.