PDA

View Full Version : If WNBA players got paid off profit

AirBonner
07-31-2022, 03:55 PM
If the WNBA players got paid off profit they'd owe $69,000 a piece. :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
07-31-2022, 04:22 PM
Your money is not being spent. If it is such a waste it isn't your concern.

FultzNationRISE
07-31-2022, 04:48 PM

Well there is the question of WHY these multi billionaires would make such a seemingly terrible business investment.

Most of em get investigated routinely for “misogynist workplaces” so I dont think it’s from an altruistic sense of good will toward women.

Maybe it’s part of a long term plan in which they will benefit at the expense of others? Hmm.

Anyway these sorts of discussions are moot for you of course because youre below average, and there are too many directions the truth could go which will lead to very uncomfortable realities for you.

Truth has no value to the weak. Obedience and delusion are your only survival strategies.

highwhey
07-31-2022, 05:05 PM
Anyway these sorts of discussions are moot for you of course because youre below average, and there are too many directions the truth could go which will lead to very uncomfortable realities for you.

it's funny because the truth makes your head spin in all directions, because you're an unemployed loser with no prospects to prosper.

well, your head spins all directions but employment.

fsvr54
07-31-2022, 05:08 PM

This dude triggered as hell

Real Men Wear Green
07-31-2022, 05:13 PM
This dude triggered as hell
Some lunatic wrote five paragraphs back to me and I'm triggered?

bison
07-31-2022, 06:19 PM
Some lunatic wrote five paragraphs back to me and I'm triggered?

:oldlol:

fsvr54
07-31-2022, 07:23 PM
OP makes a legitimate comment about the WNBA, which is objectively a trash org that shouldn't exist and your reply is "none of your concern".

Real Men Wear Green
07-31-2022, 07:31 PM
OP makes a legitimate comment about the WNBA, which is objectively a trash org that shouldn't exist and your reply is "none of your concern".
You sound triggered. I am sorry that women being paid money to play basketball so offends you.

Back In Shape
07-31-2022, 07:39 PM
They need to let transwomen play. They'd get the shock and awe ratings for at least a couple of years. Watching trans guys destroy those lesbians night in and night out would be entertaining as hell.

I would propose a 2 dick limit for each team though to keep it entertaining.

Or a 9 foot rim and 30 seconds for fighting similar to hockey. It's time to think outside the box. Or possibly a 4x4 spring plate 6 feet in front of the basket to get some flight into the game.

HylianNightmare
07-31-2022, 08:35 PM
They should wear lingerie and only draft hot girls

HylianNightmare
07-31-2022, 08:36 PM
They need to let transwomen play. They'd get the shock and awe ratings for at least a couple of years. Watching trans guys destroy those lesbians night in and night out would be entertaining as hell.

Or a 9 foot rim and 30 seconds for fighting similar to hockey. It's time to think outside the box. Or possibly a 4x4 spring plate 6 feet in front of the basket to get some flight into the game.

This too, I wanna see some fringe role player put on a wig and become the goat

fsvr54
07-31-2022, 08:41 PM
You sound triggered. I am sorry that women being paid money to play basketball so offends you.

"offends me"

lol

ClipperRevival
08-01-2022, 12:28 PM
If the WNBA players got paid off profit they'd owe $69,000 a piece. :roll:

:roll:

I know. And these women want to be paid equally as men. Newsflash cuties, you get paid what the market saids your worth, not what you think you're worth.

If the NBA didn't subsidize them, they would go out of business TODAY.

ClipperRevival
08-01-2022, 12:31 PM

I would tune in once in a while just for the laughs. Like watching LeBrona James dunking on these girls.

ClipperRevival
08-01-2022, 12:33 PM

No one is triggered, OP just stated facts. In an open, capitalist market, this league goes under because costs greater than revenue.

ESPN could try to force this sh*t product down our throat but obviously, it's not working. Why? Because most guys playing at a local park can destroy these girls. :roll:

Atlantis
08-01-2022, 01:05 PM
Some things should exist even though they don't make a profit. In my opinion, the more professional basketball that is being played the better.

Real Men Wear Green
08-01-2022, 01:38 PM
No one is triggered, OP just stated facts. In an open, capitalist market, this league goes under because costs greater than revenue.

ESPN could try to force this sh*t product down our throat but obviously, it's not working. Why? Because most guys playing at a local park can destroy these girls. :roll:

Since when is America not capitalist? For whatever reasons the NBA owners have decided that the WNBA is a good idea. You guys getting mad over it's existence when nothing about it is your problem. If I had to pay money for the WNBA to survive it would be gone. But I don't so it's not my problem.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Since when is America not capitalist? For whatever reasons the NBA owners have decided that the WNBA is a good idea. You guys getting mad over it's existence when nothing about it is your problem. If I had to pay money for the WNBA to survive it would be gone. But I don't so it's not my problem.
He's not very bright...

ClipperRevival
08-01-2022, 04:36 PM

I meant if the WNBA was a stand alone company, it would not survive.

The only reason the NBA subsidizes the WNBA and ESPN keeps reminding us to watch is to be woke and culturally appropriate.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 05:38 PM

The only reason the NBA subsidizes the WNBA and ESPN keeps reminding us to watch is to be woke and culturally appropriate.
Because creating a "woke and culturally appropriate" environment has helped the NBA make more money, thus the investment is worth it to them. You're really quite dimwitted eh?

Real Men Wear Green
08-01-2022, 06:21 PM

Being "woke" is what they have decided to present it. The fact that it pisses you off is an added bonus. Tesla lost money selling cars for years. Does that also upset you?

FultzNationRISE
08-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Because creating a "woke and culturally appropriate" environment has helped the NBA make more money, thus the investment is worth it to them. You're really quite dimwitted eh?

And why dont you ever criticize them for it?

NBA owners are getting wealthier and wealthier appealing to minorities, yet theyre only 1/30 black and there's only 2 (I think) women.

Why dont you ever make a peep? You made a new thread about Trump practically every day he was in office.

Because youre a soft, brainwashed parrot like RMWG. If Bernie, AOC, and MSNBC arent telling you to focus on this or be mad about that, the issues never even cross your mind. You dont have real thoughts, you just repeat what you think youre expected to believe by the crowd in order to sound edgy. You're mentally dependent shmucks.

I mean I get that a lot of people are like that, but you two really shouldnt type. Because it's obvious youre just repeating lines billionaires programmed you to believe. You're exposing yourselves every time you say something. You cheer on policies that strip authority and credibility from your own selves while transfering it to white billionaires and "black trans women." And you submissively hope to be rewarded for it by the hive somehow. Your'e effeminate losers.

I dont think you realize that Bernie, AOC, and MSBNC belong to billionaires. Everything they tell you to think and say and believe is for the purpose of neutering you and making billionaires richer.

And yet it still works.

Super edgy, guy.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 06:26 PM
And why dont you ever criticize them for it?

NBA owners are getting wealthier and wealthier appealing to minorities, yet theyre only 1/30 black and there's only 2 (I think) women.

Why dont you ever make a peep? You made a new thread about Trump practically every day he was in office.

Because youre a soft, brainwashed parrot like RMWG. If Bernie, AOC, and MSNBC arent telling you to focus on this or be mad about that, the issues never even cross your mind. You dont have real thoughts, you just repeat what you think youre expected to believe by the crowd in order to sound edgy. You're mentally dependent shmucks.

I mean I get that a lot of people are like that, but you two really shouldnt type. Because it's obvious youre just repeating lines billionaires programmed you to believe. You're exposing yourselves every time you say something. You cheer on policies that strip credibility from yourselves while transfering it to billionaires. And you hope to be rewarded for it by the hive somehow. Your'e effeminate losers.
You are literally making up stuff here in order to get mad at an imagined slight, and I had very different politics than I do now for most of Trump's presidency anyways. The owners themselves are the problems, appointing minority owners doesn't solve the core issue. You wouldn't get this because you're too busy flying into a rage over completely innocuous posts.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 06:29 PM
Being "woke" is what they have decided to present it. The fact that it pisses you off is an added bonus. Tesla lost money selling cars for years. Does that also upset you?
Cue unhinged starface rant.

FultzNationRISE
08-01-2022, 06:33 PM
You are literally making up stuff here in order to get mad at an imagined slight, and I had very different politics than I do now for most of Trump's presidency anyways. The owners themselves are the problems, appointing minority owners doesn't solve the core issue. You wouldn't get this because you're too busy flying into a rage over completely innocuous posts.

Sort posters by name in the OTC and count how many threads you made about Orange Man.

Seriously go do it.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 06:48 PM
Sort posters by name in the OTC and count how many threads you made about Orange Man.

Seriously go do it.
Ok I did and I even included the political forum too to be fair. And I counted 16 threads that could be considered me shitting on Trump. He was in office for 1461 days. Meaning on average I made a thread shitting on him once every 3+ months :lol

"Practically every day" doe

FultzNationRISE
08-01-2022, 09:13 PM
Ok I did and I even included the political forum too to be fair. And I counted 16 threads that could be considered me shitting on Trump. He was in office for 1461 days. Meaning on average I made a thread shitting on him once every 3+ months :lol

"Practically every day" doe

16 threads is enough to warrant the hyperbole, particularly considering you pissed your pants about him hundreds if not thousands of times in other threads not started by you. Also the number of threads you made is probably even higher considering a significant chunk of threads were deleted when Jeff switched the board over.

In reality if I had to guess I’d say you likely made roughly 628 separate Orange Man Bad threads.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 09:20 PM
16 threads is enough to warrant the hyperbole, particularly considering you pissed your pants about him hundreds if not thousands of times in other threads not started by you. Also the number of threads you made is probably even higher considering a significant chunk of threads were deleted when Jeff switched the board over.

In reality if I had to guess I’d say you likely made roughly 628 separate Orange Man Bad threads.
4 threads per year is too much for you lmao. Sad.

TheMan
08-01-2022, 10:14 PM
They should wear lingerie and only draft hot girls

:applause:

Yep, even if they suck at basketball, as long as they're hot.

SATAN
08-01-2022, 10:25 PM
I watched a couple WNBA games recently. It wasn't that bad. I was happy to watch basketball. Couldn't care less about the money stuff.

RRR3
08-01-2022, 10:29 PM
I watched a couple WNBA games recently. It wasn't that bad. I was happy to watch basketball. Couldn't care less about the money stuff.
I’ve watched some in the past if you need a basketball game to watch it can be fun. I won’t lie and say it’s anywhere close to watching the NBA tho, men are just better athletes lol. WNBA would probably get more viewers if they lowered the hoops so people actually dunked. Watching a game with no dunks when you’re used to NBA is weird. Also from what I can tell WNBA is still behind NBA in the analytics department, so they do not play as intelligently. To many long twos still.

Axe
08-01-2022, 10:35 PM
:applause:

Yep, even if they suck at basketball, as long as they're hot.
Lmao that could be interesting.

Atlantis
08-02-2022, 12:29 AM
At least they could wear nicer uniforms...

Baller789
08-02-2022, 01:07 AM
Even women dont support the WNBA. Those ugly lesbos are lucky they are still getting paid.

TheMan
08-02-2022, 01:09 AM
Even women dont support the WNBA. Those ugly lesbos are lucky they are still getting paid.

Yep, that's why they need to focus on physical beauty instead of handles, and wear thongs

This I would watch...
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZiQxUJTtpvKbdSwtcHAAD0u55B5nom FS1yA&usqp=CAU

SATAN
08-02-2022, 05:06 AM
Yep, that's why they need to focus on physical beauty instead of handles, and wear thongs

This I would watch...
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=160288&dateline=1456794266

:biggums:

bison
08-02-2022, 08:19 AM
I never got why dudes are fuming that the WNBA exists. As it’s been pointed out, no one is making you pay for it and no one is making you watch it. It’s not enough for dudes to be bored by the WNBA, they have to hate and denigrate these women. Straight up mommy issues with some of you f@ggots

FKAri
08-02-2022, 10:13 AM
If bench warmers got paid off profit they'd be making less than minimum wage while Lebron and Steph would be making billions.

FultzNationRISE
08-02-2022, 10:37 AM
If bench warmers got paid off profit they'd be making less than minimum wage while Lebron and Steph would be making billions.

That doesnt make any sense relative to the WNBA example.

The NBA is profitable. Bench warmers play in the league. Therefore if they got paid an equal share of the league’s profit margin... theyd be worth whatever net positive amount of dollars.

WNBA chicks would owe money.

That said, operating at a loss is perfectly normal in business. Amazon didnt turn a profit as a company until 2017. Uber and Lyft had sky high valuations when they were still operating in the red.

Of course, that mostly has to do with the R&D investments those companies make with their capital. We all know the WNBA loses money because simply nobody cares. But hey, it is what it is.

FKAri
08-02-2022, 11:10 AM
That doesnt make any sense relative to the WNBA example.

The NBA is profitable. Bench warmers play in the league. Therefore if they got paid an equal share of the league’s profit margin... theyd be worth whatever net positive amount of dollars.

WNBA chicks would owe money.

That said, operating at a loss is perfectly normal in business. Amazon didnt turn a profit as a company until 2017. Uber and Lyft had sky high valuations when they were still operating in the red.

Of course, that mostly has to do with the R&D investments those companies make with their capital. We all know the WNBA loses money because simply nobody cares. But hey, it is what it is.

Yes. The bench players are paid more because minimizing the pay gap creates a more stable league. And that stability of a highly profitable system is important even if the guys at the end of the bench are easily replaceable.

The WNBA players are also part of the greater NBA system. It'd be nice if the WNBA made money but if it doesn't it's just an advertising or outreach expense. It encourages women to get interested in watching and/or playing basketball. To normalize women playing basketball. Basketball has a shot to become the de facto women's team sport in the country. Not only can you get women more interested in watching the sport but more of them playing also does wonders for apparel and equipment sales. That money then gets pumped back into the NBA by its sponsors. Long term profitability for the NBA isn't guaranteed but if you have the liquidity to support this kind of venture as the NBA then it's a no brainer.

Baller789
08-03-2022, 12:54 AM
Has the WNBA ever had a year not in the red?

Gohan
08-03-2022, 02:23 AM
Why does it matter? These women are people too and they just want to play. If harrison barnes can get a contract like he did years back then wnba players can get paid even if they dont make a profit. Yall treat most women like sh1t on the internet and prob be eating their ass and sucking their toes off the internet

Baller789
08-04-2022, 05:56 AM
Why does it matter? These women are people too and they just want to play. If harrison barnes can get a contract like he did years back then wnba players can get paid even if they dont make a profit. Yall treat most women like sh1t on the internet and prob be eating their ass and sucking their toes off the internet

U mad brah?

Gohan
08-04-2022, 06:54 AM
U mad brah?

Not at all just saying yall look down on women too much.

Baller789
08-05-2022, 03:54 AM
Not at all just saying yall look down on women too much.

Maybe some of those women should show some humility and common sense for once.

warriorfan
08-05-2022, 05:40 AM
WNBA sucks and it’s not a good product but the silver lining is it does encourage some young girls to get into something positive. That means something.

Baller789
08-05-2022, 10:29 AM
Thats good. But then they turn around and complain about men. The same men who are the reason why their league still exists.