PDA

View Full Version : I predict Kawhi will not win another championship

JohnMax
07-09-2022, 03:41 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAeNYKowZJ0&t=11m3s

They already have a hierarchy of best players from this era set up. It's Lebron, Steph, Giannis, and Durant. They're not going to let Kawhi ruin that hierarchy by winning another title.

GrayGoat
07-09-2022, 06:17 PM
I don’t see Kawhi coming back

Ever

Jasper
07-09-2022, 06:46 PM
I don’t see Kawhi coming back

Ever

I wrote him off after he left Toronto with a bum leg

Full Court
07-09-2022, 07:28 PM
It's an uphill battle for him for sure. His best shots were '20 and '21.

Clippers are still a great team with him and PG both healthy, but I've given up on both of them being healthy.

Phoenix
07-09-2022, 07:51 PM
Not exactly going out on a limb. I'd be surprised if he's healthy enough to make the finals again.

Shogon
07-09-2022, 08:30 PM
Kawhi has a degenerative quad condition. He is essentially permanently injured. Honestly he is not going to go down as a top 10 player of all time short of running off a bunch of consecutive titles which is unlikely for so many reasons, including the aforementioned, so... he probably should be concerned primarily with his long term health, which I think he is. It should be his priority... not basketball.

Axe
07-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Duh.

John8204
07-09-2022, 08:34 PM
Putting him in the top ten is insane...he's still better than Durant. I can't take Durant seriously unless he gets five rings.

warriorfan
07-09-2022, 08:42 PM
Leonard used to be 1 or 2 best in the league. He was much better than Durant.

Shogon
07-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Leonard used to be 1 or 2 best in the league. He was much better than Durant.

I think it was 2017? when he peaked... that last full season with the Spurs before he got injured again by Zaza.

Jasper
07-10-2022, 09:14 AM
I think it was 2017? when he peaked... that last full season with the Spurs before he got injured again by Zaza.

this.

Even sniffing the top ten is hilarious. He might be considered top 30 , but IMO that isa reach as well.
Remember who he had with the Spurs , as well as Raptors.
He never did it on his own.

ImKobe
07-10-2022, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't count him out just yet.

this.

Even sniffing the top ten is hilarious. He might be considered top 30 , but IMO that isa reach as well.

Let's be real -- he carried the hell out of the Raptors in the POs to get them to the Finals. GS had their injuries and it was basically a done deal when Klay went out, but Kawhi's EC run is one of the best ones and I'm not just talking about the stats.

He put up 11.5 more ppg than the 2nd best scorer and he was the best defender on his team. No one else on that team sniffed a 20 PER or a .200 WS/48 or even had half the BPM or VORP. He even had the highest TS% on the team by a mile in the POs. If that's not "doing it on his own" then idk what is. Raptors were a running joke before he showed up.

Full Court
07-10-2022, 04:27 PM
this.

Yeah, he had the talent to make top ten, but at this point the opportunity to do that has passed him by.

TAZORAC
07-10-2022, 05:20 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAeNYKowZJ0&t=11m3s

They already have a hierarchy of best players from this era set up. It's Lebron, Steph, Giannis, and Durant. They're not going to let Kawhi ruin that hierarchy by winning another title.

He could join a contender his last year or 2 in the NBA and win.