PDA

View Full Version : Hawks trading Galinari + picks for Dejounte Murray

bison
06-29-2022, 05:22 PM
The Atlanta Hawks are trading Danilo Gallinari and multiple first-round picks to the San Antonio Spurs for All-Star guard Dejounte Murray, sources tell ESPN.

Great addition for the hawks but what are the spurs thinking ?

Xiao Yao You
06-29-2022, 05:26 PM

called tanking. Next year is a big draft

Kblaze8855
06-29-2022, 05:35 PM
Id they free him a lot of people will be after Danilo.

FultzNationRISE
06-29-2022, 05:38 PM
As Ive said, I only seen Murray play in 1 game, which was the play in, but he didnt strike me as anything too special. Most people seem to think he’s pretty good, but this doesnt feel like much of a return.

If they wanna tank they could just play weird lineups and have Murray miss games here and there with frivolous injuries. Keep the player and get a good pick.

Theyre giving this guy away for very little. The Hawks arent a lottery team, those first round picks arent gonna land a top prospect.

Seems weird, tho I guess the Spurs usually know what theyre doing better than most teams.

We’ll see.

tontoz
06-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Multiple firsts and Gallo for Murray?

Wow

FultzNationRISE
06-29-2022, 05:47 PM
Id they free him a lot of people will be after Danilo.

Im gonna tell you right now, he’d be a fool to play with anyone but LeDaddy.

A damned FOOL.

Real Men Wear Green
06-29-2022, 05:47 PM
That seems way too cheap. Celtics should have gotten in on Murray if that's all it took. Kind of redundant with Smart and White but they could have made it work.

GOBB
06-29-2022, 06:01 PM
Now cut Gallo so we can sign him lol

RRR3
06-29-2022, 06:37 PM
Remember when Kblaze compared him to a nutter butter lolllll

Spurs m8
06-29-2022, 06:40 PM

Are you kidding?

This is fvcking awesome....we need a full rebuild and got 3 first rounders...this is a win for both teams.

Fvcking sick of being that team sitting around 10th and Murray wasn't gonna be leading us anywhere...cute stats but I wasn't sold.

This is awesome.

Spurs m8
06-29-2022, 06:41 PM
That seems way too cheap. Celtics should have gotten in on Murray if that's all it took. Kind of redundant with Smart and White but they could have made it work.

3 first round picks is very fair...no way he's worth 4

And not worth any other worthwhile players with the 3 picks.

Fair deal for both

insight
06-29-2022, 10:47 PM
Are you kidding?

This is fvcking awesome....we need a full rebuild and got 3 first rounders...this is a win for both teams.

Fvcking sick of being that team sitting around 10th and Murray wasn't gonna be leading us anywhere...cute stats but I wasn't sold.

This is awesome.
The way the picks are spread out, it will take 5 years before the last 1st round pick is conveyed. Next year you will get the Charlote Hornets 1st round pick. In 2025 and 2027 you will get the Hawks unprotected 1st round picks.

iamgine
06-29-2022, 10:53 PM
Seems like low value to me.

How many all stars can be traded for Salary match + 3 1st rd picks (most likely non-lottery)?

Xiao Yao You
06-29-2022, 10:55 PM
The way the picks are spread out, it will take 5 years before the last 1st round pick is conveyed. Next year you will get the Charlote Hornets 1st round pick. In 2025 and 2027 you will get the Hawks unprotected 1st round picks.

the unprotected picks is the important piece to the deal. Anything can happen. Could end up with the top pick

Xiao Yao You
06-29-2022, 11:15 PM
Senile Spurs. :facepalm

Don't fear. Greg Monroe is available! :roll:

Proctor
06-29-2022, 11:16 PM
Senile Spurs. :facepalm

Don't fear. Greg Monroe is available! :roll:
So is Gobert apparently. So much for best player!

insight
06-29-2022, 11:29 PM
the unprotected picks is the important piece to the deal. Anything can happen. Could end up with the top pick

The 2023 Charlotte pick is protected The other two are unprotected which is the best type of pick but it still is 3 and 5 years from now. How many years is it going to take San Antonio to become competitve again and who will be their coach and what system will they run when Pop retires?

BurningHammer
06-29-2022, 11:30 PM
Spurs really REALLY want Wembanyama.

Xiao Yao You
06-30-2022, 01:52 AM
However, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst reported that the Spurs decided to part ways with Murray because it was inevitable that they’d lose the 25-year-old. “He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known that he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer,” Windhorst said on The Hoop Collective podcast (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10040458-windhorst-dejounte-murray-told-spurs-he-wouldnt-sign-contract-extension-this-summer).
– via Doric Sam @ Bleacher Report (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10040458-windhorst-dejounte-murray-told-spurs-he-wouldnt-sign-contract-extension-this-summer)

aj1987
06-30-2022, 06:10 AM
Are you kidding?

This is awesome.

Are you retarded?

Redundant question.

Anyways, this was just a straight up moronic move. I bet they could've gotten a better package. As RMWG said, they could've gotten the Celtics to bite for a better package or even the Heat. Herro and Robinson alone would be better than 3 picks and Galo.

Spurs m8
06-30-2022, 06:21 AM
Are you retarded?

Redundant question.

Anyways, this was just a straight up moronic move. I bet they could've gotten a better package. As RMWG said, they could've gotten the Celtics to bite for a better package or even the Heat. Herro and Robinson alone would be better than 3 picks and Galo.

Herro and Robinson

Robinson

Hahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahah

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahhahahahababhahahababbab ababababbahahahhahahah

You also said they'd be better than 3 first rounders...for a team looking to rebuild

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahhahahahababhahahababbab ababababbahahahhahahahHahahahahahahahahhahahahahha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahh ahahahababhahahababbabababababbahahahhahahahHahaha hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha hahahahhahabahahhahahhahahahababhahahababbabababab abbahahahhahahahHahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahhahahah ababhahahababbabababababbahahahhahahah

You should retire this account in embarrassment...the time has finally come

aj1987
06-30-2022, 06:23 AM
Herro and Robinson

Robinson

Hahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahah

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahhahahahababhahahababbab ababababbahahahhahahah

You also said they'd be better than 3 first rounders

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahhahahahababhahahababbab ababababbahahahhahahahHahahahahahahahahhahahahahha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahh ahahahababhahahababbabababababbahahahhahahahHahaha hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha hahahahhahabahahhahahhahahahababhahahababbabababab abbahahahhahahahHahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahabahahhahahhahahah ababhahahababbabababababbahahahhahahah

Insightful reply and an even better edit. No wonder people think you're a retarded version of 3ball. :oldlol:

Funny how you've been registered here for a decade and you don't realize how those 3 first round picks work.

Real Men Wear Green
06-30-2022, 07:17 AM
3 first round picks is very fair...no way he's worth 4

And not worth any other worthwhile players with the 3 picks.

Fair deal for both

I'm not calling it a total robbery especially if San Antonio is tanking but I feel that the Celtics could have outdone that with all the TPEs and then similarly mortgaging the future.

Carbine
06-30-2022, 08:21 AM
If there was a better deal on the table it would have been done. I think this deal is fine, Murray isn't that nice.

The picture is clear for the Spurs, tank fir 3 years and build through the draft and have no big contracts on the books to hopefully build around Victor or Henderson. This next draft is loaded at the top. It wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs have the worst record in the league this year.