FultzNationRISE
06-28-2022, 11:55 PM
This is stupid, why cant he go to LAL?

HylianNightmare
06-29-2022, 10:11 AM
Nerlens Noel lol

90sgoat
06-29-2022, 02:09 PM
He'll go there get paid and destroy his career.

Knicks are the worst fans in the league, they'll turn on him within weeks.

Doesn't have the selfish arrogant attitude needed to stick it out with those losers.

Kblaze8855
06-29-2022, 03:37 PM
. He'll go there get paid and destroy his career.

Being paid for basketball is his career. The day he signs that deal his career is set. If he cares about winning later he can worry about that then.

90sgoat
06-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Being paid for basketball is his career. The day he signs that deal his career is set. If he cares about winning later he can worry about that then.

We've had this discussion before.

Brunson is set for generations regardless if he stays with Mavs or goes to Knicks and really he should be more worried about a good investment advisor and tax optimization (hint: zero income tax in Tehas).

tontoz
06-29-2022, 05:45 PM
Brunson has made only $4 million in his career so far. Guys like him are always looking to get paid.

Kblaze8855
06-29-2022, 05:59 PM
Brunson has made only $4 million in his career so far. Guys like him are always looking to get paid.

People really want a 25 year old on his first big money deal to think about his company success more than personal income.

FultzNationRISE
06-29-2022, 06:07 PM
People really want a 25 year old on his first big money deal to think about his company success more than personal income.

I think it’s about role more than money anyway. Brunson is a point guard and a scorer, and he‘ll never have an opportunity to be the featured guy in Dallas. He SHOULD have the mentality that “Ill seize the opportunity in NY and make that team a success.”

It’s not going to happen, but he’s not supposed to be impartial. He’s supposed to believe he can do it and go for it. Obviously the additional cash probably reinforces the decision, but I think it’s really about the opportunity to reach his ceiling as a player moreso than the dollar figure difference.

Even tho we all know it’s gonna result in a lot of losing, he has to take that 1% chance that he’s the guy who ends up turning around the Knicks, rather than living the rest of his life wondering “what if...”

StrongLurk
06-29-2022, 06:08 PM
Interested to see how he does there

DMAVS41
06-29-2022, 06:37 PM

Agree with this, but that likely isn't the big reason he's leaving.

He's been hinting at not liking playing with Luka and clearly wants a bigger role. Can't blame him at all imo...I'd probably want out if I was him as well.

Full Court
06-29-2022, 07:57 PM
Agree with this, but that likely isn't the big reason he's leaving.

He's been hinting at not liking playing with Luka and clearly wants a bigger role. Can't blame him at all imo...I'd probably want out if I was him as well.

Seems like pretty much nobody likes playing with Luka. The dude's got incredible skills, so it's too bad he's that guy.

tontoz
06-29-2022, 08:13 PM
Dinwiddie certainly seemed to like playing with Luka. He was much better there than with us.

Back to Brunson I can't think of anyone coming off their rookie deal that signed for a discount. If a guy was considering it their agent would surely shoot it down.

DMAVS41
06-29-2022, 08:34 PM
Dinwiddie certainly seemed to like playing with Luka. He was much better there than with us.

Back to Brunson I can't think of anyone coming off their rookie deal that signed for a discount. If a guy was considering it their agent would surely shoot it down.

Yep...and for good reason.

Brunson is almost 26 as well...he needs to not only secure this contract, but make sure he's in a great position for his next one. He also is likely to improve...

We talked about this in the other thread...doesn't really matter if we agree or not...players age 23-25 that have shown real capabilities are going to get paid near their max...just is what it is. These contracts are relatively safe because you are getting them in the heart of their 20's and most players peak around the end of these deals as well...and even with injuries like Porter...you can still get off the deals for positive value most of the time because of their age / potential.

Sucks for Mavs...I was hoping we'd be able to keep him or do a sign and trade of some sort.

Crazy how bad the Mavs have been in free agency under Cuban. Just a disaster.

90sgoat
06-29-2022, 08:45 PM
Dante DeVicenzo is an unrestricted free agent per WOJ.

Mavs should be all over that, perfect player for them because he's white.

PP34Deuce
06-29-2022, 09:04 PM
Brunson can shoot drive and decently distribute. Shouod be a solid 21 4 and 6 player.

FultzNationRISE
06-29-2022, 10:20 PM
Brunson can shoot drive and decently distribute. Shouod be a solid 21 4 and 6 player.

Yeah he'll be okay from a production standpoint. There's worse starting pg's you could have.

The Knicks will still be terrible tho.

Spurs m8
06-29-2022, 10:36 PM

Don't expect people like OP to understand this...

They're basement experts on life