PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry’s legacy if he wins or loses the title and fmvp

AirBonner
06-01-2022, 12:25 AM
Imo if he wins the title and fmvp he moves a few spots above Durant. If he loses? Maybe stays where he’s at. Thoughts?

plowking
06-01-2022, 12:32 AM
Top 10 all time.

Greatest PG ever.

Lebron23
06-01-2022, 12:59 AM
Imo if he wins the title and fmvp he moves a few spots above Durant. If he loses? Maybe stays where he’s at. Thoughts?

He is already the 2nd greatest point guard of all time. If he wins a Finals MVP it's going to make it hard for the other point guards to surpass him.

hold this L
06-01-2022, 01:24 AM
Already way ahead of KD. More MVPs, more championships, outplayed and beat him when they faced each other in the playoffs. I got Steph making the top 10 if the Warriors win.

but it's way too early to talk about any of this.

highwhey
06-01-2022, 01:31 AM
top 30 if he wins.

warriorfan
06-01-2022, 01:34 AM
top 30 if he wins.

Don’t make me find the stretch mark picture

AlternativeAcc.
06-01-2022, 02:42 AM
He's not top 100

Most overrated athlete of all time. None of his rings mean anything. His 2015 MVP was garbage. His 2016 mvp is the only accomplishment he has... that's not enough

TheGoatest
06-01-2022, 04:04 AM
If he wins FMVP: Top 15
If he doesn't: Top 20

To some it may seem like he is top 10 material, but when you do the actual number-crunching and see what players he would need to kick out of top 10, Curry's resumé (2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 0 all-defensive teams, 20K career points) simply doesn't add up. At least not at this point.

Spurs m8
06-01-2022, 04:33 AM
Nba fans are so weird

What other league is so obsessed with legacies?

I reckon it'll slow down once LeBarry retires and there's isn't fake narratives being pushed anymore

Phoenix
06-01-2022, 04:34 AM
Yeah, I mean who do you kick out of the top 10? The lower hanging fruit would be that Hakeem/Kobe/Duncan tier. I know how this board likes to troll Kobe( and MJ and Lebron, but whatever), but does he pass Kobe overall? Are we gonna say Hakeem didn't win enough or have enough accolades outside of 93-95? Are we gonna say Duncan is too boring, wasn't a dynamic scorer, benefitted from a well run organization? Are we saying he's better than Larry? Magic? Shaq? The thing is the top 10 has like 12 guys who legitimately could be in it, so are we just gonna put Steph in there as the 13th guy who could credibly be a top 10 player?

Spurs m8
06-01-2022, 04:38 AM
Put LeBarry on the Warriors in Steph's place...do they ring as much?

Especially with LeBarry gunning for FMVP to the detriment of his team every time - usually results in losses AND handing direct opponent FMVP.

Does he even stick out the tougher years, or does he just run off and collude?

nayte
06-01-2022, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I mean who do you kick out of the top 10? The lower hanging fruit would be that Hakeem/Kobe/Duncan tier. I know how this board likes to troll Kobe( and MJ and Lebron, but whatever), but does he pass Kobe overall? Are we gonna say Hakeem didn't win enough or have enough accolades outside of 93-95? Are we gonna say Duncan is too boring, wasn't a dynamic scorer, benefitted from a well run organization? Are we saying he's better than Larry? Magic? Shaq? The thing is the top 10 has like 12 guys who legitimately could be in it, so are we just gonna put Steph in there as the 13th guy who could credibly be a top 10 player?

Yeah tough one. I can put him over Kobe . Maybe Hakeem tho that is tough. Can't put him over Duncan who I feel is getting underated these days.probs over bird and magic dunno. Curry gets a raw deal as he was constantly double teamed during the finals due to his gravity.tough one all round

bdonovan
06-01-2022, 08:04 AM

I get the impression the fMVP is increasingly regarded as frivolous; something like 9 journalists vote on it. Highly subjective and not a great indicator of anything.

DMAVS41
06-01-2022, 11:31 AM
A win while playing great and he's in top 10 consideration.

A loss and he's in that top 20 range as, fair or not, his first title will not be highly regarded given the injuries to the Cavs and losing here will allow people to say it was a fluke they won given the 16 collapse and this loss.

Either way...he's one of the best ever by any reasonable standard. How great remains to be seen on how this series and the rest of his career goes.

Manny98
06-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Top 10 if he wins probably in the same tier as Kobe and Shaq, I have him already in my personal top 10 because I don't include guys like Wilt and Bill Russell

red1
06-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Nba fans are so weird

What other league is so obsessed with legacies?

I reckon it'll slow down once LeBarry retires and there's isn't fake narratives being pushed anymore

THIS loser is talking about weird

literally all 20k posts since 2014 are just posting about one thing. my guy you might be a closet homo.

LeGoat4Life
06-01-2022, 01:05 PM
Still ranked universally higher than Lebron, win or lose

plowking
06-01-2022, 07:47 PM
Steph Curry is a more dominant and better player than Magic. The fact if Curry wins, they have a similar amount of rings, MVPs, etc, I just don't see reason to put Magic above Curry. Especially considering the way Curry grew with his team, where as Magic said he wouldn't play with anyone but the Lakers and Kareem...

John8204
06-02-2022, 03:01 AM
A fourth ring and a FMVP puts him firmly in the top 20, it sets him ahead of Leonard and Durant who will likely never be able to surpass him. The Warriors will also overtake every "super team" of the last 20 years because the term is thrown around every year.

For him to be in the top ten I don't think he can do it he needs realistically
- two more rings
- over 25K points
- another MVP

Bronbron23
06-02-2022, 10:14 AM

I agree with your take if he wins. If he loses and gets outplayed again in a finals it has to hurt his legacy

LeCola
06-02-2022, 10:28 AM
İf Curry wins:

He will be GOAT of anything. Not only GOAT basketball player... Curry > God.

If he lose he will be only GOAT basketball player. So, God > Curry but still better than anything.

https://i.ibb.co/nkBZDsw/image.png

Because that Celtics has 17 GOAT caliber players.

https://i.ibb.co/XCBrf1y/image.png

AirBonner
06-02-2022, 10:43 AM
I agree with your take if he wins. If he loses and gets outplayed again in a finals it has to hurt his legacy

Nah missing the finals is worse.