PDA

View Full Version : Porzingis is a better rim protector than Gobert (FAIL GRADE)

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 08:19 AM
Ok, I've given Gobert a chance, despite never being a fan, but Rudy is simply widely overrated.

He doesn't have defensive IQ to position himself correctly weak side to truly be a great rim protector.

2.1 blocks pr game for his career, while Kristaps Porzingis, who mostly plays PF away from the rim, averages 1.9.

In my opinion there's no debate that Kristaps is a much better rim protector, because he is much more intelligent in positioning and weakside help.

Rudy is a very good rebounder, which is probably his greatest strength, but his defense is not as impressive as KPs.

Overall, I have made up my mind and I agree that Toody is not a supermax contract worthy player and that the critics were right.

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2022, 08:29 AM
he cannot move and is what, a 3x DPOTY?

It's just funny

90sgoat
04-22-2022, 08:38 AM
he cannot move and is what, a 3x DPOTY?

It's just funny

It's also not that he is so slow, because he does ok when being isolated one on one, but he doesn't have that spatial feel for where to position himself. Reminds me of myself on a soccer field, I always got caught in between.

The thing is, even if he was slow and lumbering, he is not even that great at it.

I'd honestly rather have Zubac than Toody on the Mavs.

Toody gets away with it in FIBA, because the floor is smaller. I also think you could build a team to make him better, like if he was on the Bucks and Warriors, he'd be much more valuable, but then would you waste a supermax on that?