PDA

View Full Version : Miami are cruising under-the-radar right now

Im Still Ballin
04-20-2022, 11:25 AM
Looking like an insane second-round matchup between Miami and Philly.

Wally450
04-20-2022, 11:27 AM
How does the 1 seed cruise under the radar?

They are playing some spectacular ball though.

Im Still Ballin
04-20-2022, 11:33 AM
How does the 1 seed cruise under the radar?

They are playing some spectacular ball though.

You answered your own question

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2022, 11:36 AM
It’s all relative I guess.

When I watch them I dont feel like I’m watching a “great” team, the kind we’re used to seeing win championships.

But then when I look around, I realize there just arent any exceptional teams this year. Theres a lot of very good teams, but no dynasty Warriors, Heat, Spurs, Lakers type squads etc. that tend to set the benchmark for “great.”

It really is wide open. Which is awesome because the teams themselves are playing very high level basketball. There just isnt any one team that is separating themselves from the rest. But the actual quality of play has been very high for the most part.

Im Still Ballin
04-20-2022, 11:40 AM
It’s all relative I guess.

When I watch them I dont feel like I’m watching a “great” team, the kind we’re used to seeing win championships.

But then when I look around, I realize there just arent any exceptional teams this year. Theres a lot of very good teams, but no dynasty Warriors, Heat, Spurs, Lakers type squads etc. that tend to set the benchmark for “great.”

It really is wide open. Which is awesome because the teams themselves are playing very high level basketball. There just isnt any one team that is separating themselves from the rest. But the actual quality of play has been very high for the most part.

Phoenix was looking like it, but one game and an injury and that's all changed. Such is the way with playoff basketball.

ArbitraryWater
04-20-2022, 12:23 PM
ECF is gonna be amazing.

Either Bucks-Miami (Triology) or Bucks-Sixers...

damn.

Proctor
04-20-2022, 02:41 PM
I got the Heat winning it all. :cheers:

RRR3
04-20-2022, 02:48 PM
It's nice to have a center who can guard the perimeter :cheers:

Proctor
04-20-2022, 02:51 PM
It's nice to have a center who can guard the perimeter :cheers:
Can't quit me!

:roll: :cheers:

RRR3
04-20-2022, 02:53 PM
Can't quit me!

:roll: :cheers:
Can't post up Maxi Kleber!

:roll:

Im Still Ballin
04-20-2022, 02:59 PM
Miami won 53 games and secured the #1 seed despite most of its rotation guys missing significant time... And yet, no one really talked about them much. They're balanced and deep, yet quietly zooming along.

The additions of Lowry and PJ Tucker have been huge. Tyler Herro also taking a step forward has had an impact.

Im Still Ballin
04-20-2022, 03:01 PM
Duncan Robinson regained his mojo big-time after that slow start to the season. 39.7% 3PT on 7.5 attempts over his last 57 regular season games.

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2022, 03:01 PM

:facepalm

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Miami won 53 games and secured the #1 seed despite most of its rotation guys missing significant time... And yet, no one really talked about them much. They're balanced and deep, yet quietly zooming along.

The additions of Lowry and PJ Tucker have been huge. Tyler Herro also taking a step forward has had an impact.

The biggest difference is Spo finally coming into his own and figuring out how to use all the wisdom he absorbed from LeWisdom.