PDA

View Full Version : Why does the media still talk about Lebron all the time?

Walk on Water
04-10-2022, 04:05 AM
You see, people like me only talk about Lebron because the media does. We're just trying to refute all of the hype. If the media just talked about him accordingly, then there wouldn't be as much push back from others. The hype does not match the impact of his actual game.

If you look at Lebron's tenure with the Lakers, outside of the one bubble championship, they missed the playoffs, missed the play in, and lost badly in the first round. But there's always an excuse for every year.

4 championships in 20 years is not that great for someone that played with so many superstars. 1 or 2 championships staying in Cleveland would have been more impressive.

Spurs m8
04-10-2022, 04:22 AM
He paid them...its all business

Baller789
04-10-2022, 07:06 AM
He paid them...its all business

Funny thing is after Lebron, they'll compare the next great perimeter player to Jordan again.

Kblaze8855
04-10-2022, 07:38 AM
That “Other people force me to obsess about ______” excuse is always garbage. Your obsession is the exact reason the other people use to justify theirs as well. The media, fans, and haters are 3 engines keeping the Lebron talk afloat and none of you realize you all are equally responsible.

At least the media has a financial incentive to respond to hater and fan obsession. The other two do it out of straight up mental illness or at least an over the top emotional attachment to his career.

The media is the most reasonable of the 3. They have ads to sell and track fan interest through online engagement. Responding to the popularity/infamy of the most polarizing players is their purpose. The fans and haters spend more time on it than any individual media member and do it for free while fueling the very media discussion they claim makes them do it.

If Indiana Pacer stories got the views and clicks Lebron stories get the media would do more of them. These giant companies are beholden to shareholders and don’t give two shits what they have to put on their station or sites to get fan engagement. They just want it.

Fans will watch anything you have to say about Lebron, the Cowboys, Brady, Rogers, or Alabama football. So they fill all the segments they can with it to get more eyes for better contract terms in the future and better ratings for individual shows who want more money from the network.

None of these people care what they talk about. They care about fan and haters caring about what they talk about.

They respond to you. It’s bad business to do anything else.

ImKobe
04-10-2022, 07:43 AM
Klutch Sports.

FultzNationRISE
04-10-2022, 08:10 AM
Because Lebron is the GOAT and deserves that recognition in perpetuity.

Shogon
04-10-2022, 09:41 AM
That “Other people force me to obsess about ______” excuse is always garbage. Your obsession is the exact reason the other people use to justify theirs as well. The media, fans, and haters are 3 engines keeping the Lebron talk afloat and none of you realize you all are equally responsible.

At least the media has a financial incentive to respond to hater and fan obsession. The other two do it out of straight up mental illness or at least an over the top emotional attachment to his career.

The media is the most reasonable of the 3. They have ads to sell and track fan interest through online engagement. Responding to the popularity/infamy of the most polarizing players is their purpose. The fans and haters spend more time on it than any individual media member and do it for free while fueling the very media discussion they claim makes them do it.

If Indiana Pacer stories got the views and clicks Lebron stories get the media would do more of them. These giant companies are beholden to shareholders and don’t give two shits what they have to put on their station or sites to get fan engagement. They just want it.

Fans will watch anything you have to say about Lebron, the Cowboys, Brady, Rogers, or Alabama football. So they fill all the segments they can with it to get more eyes for better contract terms in the future and better ratings for individual shows who want more money from the network.

None of these people care what they talk about. They care about fan and haters caring about what they talk about.

They respond to you. It’s bad business to do anything else.

No offense bro but Walk on Water is one of the most notorious troll accounts on ISH. I've been calling it out practically since the day that account was made. Why would you sink that energy into this? I know you don't keep up with who is who apparently, but I am just telling you. Oh well I'm guilty of this shit too, tbh.

He keeps successfully baiting, it is what it is.

FultzNationRISE
04-10-2022, 09:58 AM
No offense bro but Walk On Water is one of the most notorious troll accounts on ISH. I've been calling it out practically since the day that account was made. Why would you sink that energy into this? I know you don't keep up with who is who apparently, but I am just telling you. Oh well I'm guilty of this shit too, tbh.

No offense bro but Kblaze8855 is one of the most notorious troll accounts on ISH. I've been calling it out practically since the day that account was made. Why would you sink that energy into this? I know you don't keep up with who is who apparently, but I am just telling you. Oh well I'm guilty of this shit too, tbh.

Jasper
04-10-2022, 10:04 AM
there are people in this world that follow sports very loosely ....
The media has to draw these big city folks into the sport...

so the conversation goes something like this : " Ohh basketball is still going on ?? / I thought that tournament ended the season"
"No the NBA is still on"
"Oh that guy ,, ahh Lebron James is he still playing ?? "
I think so , lets check the channel"

There you have it dumb big city people clueless about the sport drawn into the player that colludes.
* please see first page ISH , it has 20 threads about the dumb fvck.

j3lademaster
04-10-2022, 11:21 AM
How many threads on this site that doesn't mention the big 3(jordan, lebron, kobe) actually make it to the 2nd or 3rd page?

Lebron generates interest, we're all suckers for it.

John_Connor
04-10-2022, 11:36 AM
because giannis, luka, embiid and jokic are all foreign so the media doesn't want to make any of them lebrons replacement as the face of the league. they've been trying to make it steph for a while but he just keeps failing. and their latest attempt was ja but he got exposed. so now they're stuck with lebron still as their fall back

the nba will never accept a guy that doesn't speak perfect english or at least hood speak.

Shogon
04-10-2022, 12:01 PM
No offense bro but Kblaze8855 is one of the most notorious troll accounts on ISH. I've been calling it out practically since the day that account was made. Why would you sink that energy into this? I know you don't keep up with who is who apparently, but I am just telling you. Oh well I'm guilty of this shit too, tbh.

I suspect there is no known cure for your ailment. Good luck.

SouBeachTalents
04-10-2022, 12:06 PM
because giannis, luka, embiid and jokic are all foreign so the media doesn't want to make any of them lebrons replacement as the face of the league. they've been trying to make it steph for a while but he just keeps failing. and their latest attempt was ja but he got exposed. so now they're stuck with lebron still as their fall back

the nba will never accept a guy that doesn't speak perfect english or at least hood speak.
Let’s be real, you can’t expect the casual American fan to care about any of the guys you listed. They’re not just foreign, they all play on small market teams, they have absolutely no brand name endorsements or ads, and they’ve played in one Finals combined, so of course the media isn’t going to cover them like they would a LeBron.

But expecting ANYBODY to get LeBron coverage is unrealistic. Not only is he a 4x MVP & champ, he was hyped on ESPN in fcking high school and put in a billion commercials the instant he started playing in the NBA. In history, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird & Shaq reached that level, and I think it’ll be a very long time before we anybody does it again.

Kblaze8855
04-10-2022, 02:01 PM
No offense bro but Walk on Water is one of the most notorious troll accounts on ISH. I've been calling it out practically since the day that account was made. Why would you sink that energy into this? I know you don't keep up with who is who apparently, but I am just telling you. Oh well I'm guilty of this shit too, tbh.

I know who it is and for the most part any such reply is kinda going into the universe not to a poster like that. At least not while using their alt.

Kblaze8855
04-10-2022, 02:03 PM
I suspect there is no known cure for your ailment. Good luck.

Hes morphed into a new Mr.Jabbar type who isn’t serious. I suspect he actually hates Lebron. I know he hates the off the court aspects and people like that usually have trouble with compartmentalization and can’t hate someone’s politics while supporting the person otherwise.

John_Connor
04-10-2022, 02:14 PM
Let’s be real, you can’t expect the casual American fan to care about any of the guys you listed. They’re not just foreign, they all play on small market teams, they have absolutely no brand name endorsements or ads, and they’ve played in one Finals combined, so of course the media isn’t going to cover them like they would a LeBron.

But expecting ANYBODY to get LeBron coverage is unrealistic. Not only is he a 4x MVP & champ, he was hyped on ESPN in fcking high school and put in a billion commercials the instant he started playing in the NBA. In history, Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird & Shaq reached that level, and I think it’ll be a very long time before we anybody does it again.

if luka or giannis were american it would be the next magic/bird type hype from the media. you're delusional lol

the medias decision to stick with lebron is 100% racism/discrimination against foreign people

giannis is just as dominant now as lebron ever was and luka hits shots falling away and from distance over guys like prime kobe/larry bird.. plus he passes like prime magic/bird

k0kakw0rld
04-10-2022, 02:29 PM
You see, people like me only talk about Lebron because the media does. We're just trying to refute all of the hype. If the media just talked about him accordingly, then there wouldn't be as much push back from others. The hype does not match the impact of his actual game.

If you look at Lebron's tenure with the Lakers, outside of the one bubble championship, they missed the playoffs, missed the play in, and lost badly in the first round. But there's always an excuse for every year.

4 championships in 20 years is not that great for someone that played with so many superstars. 1 or 2 championships staying in Cleveland would have been more impressive.

People like you? Who's you? LOL