PDA

View Full Version : The MENTAL toughness of competing for as long as Bron has is remarkable

FultzNationRISE
04-07-2022, 02:49 PM
People rightfully give a ton of credit to how impressive it is PHYSICALLY for a guy to play 20 years straight, with hardly any missed time, while making 10 Finals runs AND playing in multiple Olympics. That in itself is a biological marvel.

But the mental toughness required is crazy underrated. We saw how deep playoff runs tended to break MJ psychologically. He couldnt handle the emotional toll of sustained expectations and commitment. Meanwhile other stars who stuck around for 18-20 years all logged significantly fewer combined regular season/playoff minutes than King Jimmy The Large.

Theres just no comparison with anyone. Lebron’s mental resolve is in a class of its own, unparalleled.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

Thank you for your time.

TheCorporation
04-07-2022, 02:55 PM
Amen

He's clearly not a shortgevity quitter like some frauds..

Airupthere
04-07-2022, 03:00 PM
That is what happens when your ego and self-aggrandizing mentality is greater than your competitive drive. It also helps to team hop and superbananaboatcollude.

PeroAntic
04-07-2022, 03:43 PM
Another 180 degree twist of reality by op. Keep it up, you truly encapsulate the post truth era.

Full Court
04-07-2022, 07:14 PM
There is nothing at all mentally tough about Bronie.

Which is why it stands to reason that his Bronie Bunch are a group of emotionally fragile mental weaklings too.

GimmeThat
04-07-2022, 07:21 PM

Which is why it stands to reason that his Bronie Bunch are a group of emotionally fragile mental weaklings too.

well said, this right here explains everything you need to know about Lebron's leadership skills

Nilocon165
04-07-2022, 07:55 PM
at will

Baller789
04-07-2022, 08:08 PM

Explains the reason why the OP and Bronies feel the need to make pointless damage control threads.

Why don't make a thread on what Lebron would do in the playoffs this season?

Oh $h!+ I'm sorry. :oldlol:

GimmeThat
04-07-2022, 08:24 PM
pointless damage control threads.

Why don't make a thread on what Lebron would do in the playoffs this season?

so, in your world, healthy discussion equals pointless damage control threads

Bronbron23
04-07-2022, 09:17 PM
People rightfully give a ton of credit to how impressive it is PHYSICALLY for a guy to play 20 years straight, with hardly any missed time, while making 10 Finals runs AND playing in multiple Olympics. That in itself is a biological marvel.

But the mental toughness required is crazy underrated. We saw how deep playoff runs tended to break MJ psychologically. He couldnt handle the emotional toll of sustained expectations and commitment. Meanwhile other stars who stuck around for 18-20 years all logged significantly fewer combined regular season/playoff minutes than King Jimmy The Large.

Theres just no comparison with anyone. Lebron’s mental resolve is in a class of its own, unparalleled.

Thank you for your time.

Once in awhile i agree with you. This is one of those of those times. Anyone who dosn't think bron is mentally tough is crazy.

Baller789
04-07-2022, 11:14 PM
so, in your world, healthy discussion equals pointless damage control threads

Playing dumb isn't healthy either.

GimmeThat
04-07-2022, 11:19 PM
Playing dumb isn't healthy either.

I agree, having a completely set rotation as if players substitution can not be similar to a chess match isn't healthy

Full Court
04-07-2022, 11:21 PM
I agree, having a completely set rotation as if players substitution can not be similar to a chess match isn't healthy

If you play the game like a tennis match rather than a chess match, you're a lot more likely to set quality screens and boost your PER on both ends of the court.

GimmeThat
04-07-2022, 11:26 PM
If you play the game like a tennis match rather than a chess match, you're a lot more likely to set quality screens and boost your PER on both ends of the court.

yes, deep rotations are automatic wins in a tennis match scenario

2much_knowledge
04-08-2022, 02:09 AM

Thank you for your time.

Give it a rest. Its OVER. Give your mouth a rest and save some slurping till October

TheGoatest
04-08-2022, 04:38 AM
To get a sense of his inhuman longevity, just look at this fellow 2003 draftees, which was known as an all-time great draft:

Wade? Long gone.
Bosh? Long gone.
Carmelo? Inconsistent bench warmer who scores 20 points once per month.
Meanwhile LeGOATest hasn't scored below 20 in the entire 2022. :eek:

Baller789
04-08-2022, 04:40 AM
To get a sense of his inhuman longevity, just look at this fellow 2003 draftees, which was known as an all-time great draft:

Wade? Long gone.
Bosh? Long gone.
Carmelo? Inconsistent bench warmer who scores 20 points once per month.
Meanwhile LeGOATest hasn't scored below 20 in the entire 2022. :eek:

Your LeGOAT is about to go fishing theCorp.

John8204
04-08-2022, 04:48 AM
Yeah I'd like to hear from a Jordanstan that thinks he would have any success in the twitter/iphone era

TheGoatest
04-08-2022, 04:57 AM
Yeah I'd like to hear from a Jordanstan that thinks he would have any success in the twitter/iphone era

Even worse for jordon is that the social media era also happens to be the 3 point shot era, which he had none of. Unless it was the shorter, pee-wee line from 1994-97. :roll:

Baller789
04-08-2022, 05:18 AM
Even worse for jordon is that the social media era also happens to be the 3 point shot era, which he had none of. Unless it was the shorter, pee-wee line from 1994-97. :roll:

Poor GoaTiTs assumes the playstyle of players would remain the same accross all eras. :oldlol:

It's like saying Wilt wouldn't be able to hold a candle to Jokic even with modern training. :lol

2much_knowledge
04-08-2022, 01:34 PM
Poor GoaTiTs assumes the playstyle of players would remain the same accross all eras. :oldlol:

It's like saying Wilt wouldn't be able to hold a candle to Jokic even with modern training. :lol

Jordan is banned from any 3 point shooting training lololol

FultzNationRISE
04-08-2022, 02:25 PM

MJ does know a thing or two about shorter pee wees.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YS4hUsk2EYY/hqdefault.jpg

3ba11
04-08-2022, 02:26 PM
The act of playing ball for 20 years is tough??... :whatever:

A lot of people do that for free

Baller789
04-08-2022, 06:08 PM

Well so do you.

FultzNationRISE
04-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Well so do you.

So? Lebron doesnt.

GimmeThat
04-08-2022, 06:34 PM

yes it is, it's like asking Wilt to be a human out on the floor and not an animal and he just falters

no amount of modern training can overcome the fact that one's whole life has been built upon being a thief

bullettooth
04-08-2022, 07:11 PM
LeBron fanboys are always grasping for any kind of validation, no matter how insignificant. Mental toughness for longevity? WTF. This was never put into question for anyone, ever.

All this shows is how desperate LeBron fanboys are to prop up a player that's clearly failed to reach his ultimate goal.

TheGoatest
04-08-2022, 10:46 PM

:roll:

Baller789
04-09-2022, 03:11 AM
yes it is, it's like asking Wilt to be a human out on the floor and not an animal and he just falters

no amount of modern training can overcome the fact that one's whole life has been built upon being a thief

Are you by any chance high?