PDA

View Full Version : What is the Nets record with Kyrie this season?

FultzNationRISE
03-24-2022, 11:23 AM
Genuinely curious bc it seems a lot of people are calling the Nets favorites with Kyrie back full-time. But it feels like they havent won many of the games he’s played this year. Obviously some of them were without Durant, but I know the two of them together lost to the Grizz last night among other losses.

Not saying the Nets cant win the East, but is there any evidence to support this notion theyre a favorite? Kyrie has done NOTHING in his career without prime LeHung. Absolutely nothing. Yes Durant is good, but he’s not LEBRON good. Seems like some of yall are crowning the Nets bc Irving looks slick on highlight mixes and you think thats gonna win playoff games.

But he hasnt led them to many wins so far.

I guess maybe thatll change when the competition gets even tougher, bc you know, Kyrie is a big name and he has a lot of highlights. So I guess that means automatic basketball winnings n stuff?

Full Court
03-24-2022, 11:28 AM
No, the Nets really haven't shown me anything to lead me to believe they're a title contender. I'm guessing the chatter comes from them having the best player in the league in KD though. And he is capable of carrying a team more than anyone else, but the east is too stacked.

People are also acting like the Lakers have a shot, and that's an even bigger joke.

simmons/mills/dragic
kyrie/curry
harris/brown
durant/griffin
drummond/aldridge/claxton

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/attachments/giphy-gif.1068628/

FultzNationRISE
03-24-2022, 12:10 PM
simmons/mills/dragic
kyrie/curry
harris/brown
durant/griffin
drummond/aldridge/claxton

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/attachments/giphy-gif.1068628/

Simmons and Harris arent available, not sure why you listed them.

In general it’s a nice roster, yes. Which is why the Nets are unquestionably a contender.

But a favorite? I dont see the evidence.

ArbitraryWater
03-24-2022, 12:11 PM
with KD?

FultzNationRISE
03-24-2022, 12:16 PM
with KD?

Sure, if anyone knows that off-hand, post it as well. I’m not arguing against the Nets, Im just trying to get a sense of what the real evidence is, relative to public perception. I know theyve lost quite a few games with Irving. I dont think Kyrie/KD have played many games together, but also curious what that record is.

But if Kyrie’s a superstar why is he losing so many games as ‘the guy’? If hes not a superstar, why are we so sure KD can run thru the East without another reliable difference maker?

The logic just doesnt quite match the narrative to me.

Simmons and Harris arent available, not sure why you listed them.

In general it’s a nice roster, yes. Which is why the Nets are unquestionably a contender.

But a favorite? I dont see the evidence.

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E12AQEnZ2_c3uMSLA/article-cover_image-shrink_600_2000/0/1546811544075?e=1652918400&v=beta&t=04ld6pzfH_cMQ6_HAU5-p-1RJ14d86X9st6iPaheu5U

they almost beat the champion bucks with harden on one leg+missing 3 games/kyrie missing 3 games/no aldridge

they almost beat the champion bucks with harden on one leg+missing 3 games/kyrie missing 3 games/no aldridge

if durant's toe was a little smaller it would've been over in 6

FultzNationRISE
03-24-2022, 02:27 PM
if durant's toe was a little smaller it would've been over in 6

Thats fair, but the Bucks are now a better, more experienced, more confident team than they were when they beat the Nets last year. The Nets are gonna have to match that and then some.

Maybe they can. But I dont think it’s a safe bet at this point.

Thats fair, but the Bucks are now a better, more experienced, more confident team than they were when they beat the Nets last year. The Nets are gonna have to match that and then some.

Maybe they can. But I dont think it’s a safe bet at this point.

7 not 6 but the toe argument means something

not sure bucks are any better this year

their win % and srs are down not that that's all that matters

FultzNationRISE
03-24-2022, 02:46 PM
7 not 6 but the toe argument means something

not sure bucks are any better this year

their win % and srs is down not that that's all that matters

Yea, I think part of that is a natural evolution from a team that wants to prove something in the regular season, to a team that now has bigger goals.

Yea, I think part of that is a natural evolution from a team that wants to prove something in the regular season, to a team that now has bigger goals.

their top 3 players are playing roughly the same quality and minutes

lopez was out a lot but portis played more and put up good numbers and they had cousins for 17 games played decent

pj tucker is better than grayson allen

in theory ibaka makes them better since divencenzo missed most of the playoffs last year but ibaka seems to be declining

wesley matthews probably won't matter much

george hill is ok

maybe they are somewhat deeper this year but if nets are healthy even minus simmons and harris still favor nets

if simmons plays nets likely win and beat sixers too and win chip

who knows though

https://c.tenor.com/ae7IKhPiUJYAAAAC/elmo-idk.gif

FultzNationRISE
04-02-2022, 10:02 PM
Does anyone have an update?

Jasper
04-03-2022, 12:35 AM
Dragic I am sure now wishes he joined the Bucks.

Fulz - last time I seen a stat Irving was just over .500 when he plays the team he colluded

AlternativeAcc.
04-03-2022, 12:35 AM
20-2

dankok8
04-03-2022, 12:40 AM
With Durant: 32-19 (51-win pace)
Without Durant: 8-19 (24-win pace)

With Kyrie: 10-15 (33-win pace)
Without Kyrie: 30-23 (46-win pace)

With Durant And Kyrie: 7-6 (44-win pace)
With Durant No Kyrie: 25-13 (54-win pace)
With Kyrie No Durant: 3-9 (21-win pace)
No Kyrie No Durant: 5-10 (27-win pace)

Yep... there is very little indication that Kyrie has helped the Nets so far. I still think he will likely help in the playoffs if they make it.

1987_Lakers
04-03-2022, 12:42 AM

Yep... there is very little indication that Kyrie has helped the Nets so far. I still think he will likely help in the playoffs if they make it.

If anything, this shows me Durant is on a different tier compared to Kyrie. The "With Durant No Kyrie" and "With Kyrie No Durant" record is very telling.

SouBeachTalents
04-03-2022, 12:46 AM
If anything, this shows me Durant is on a different tier compared to Kyrie. The "With Durant No Kyrie" and "With Kyrie No Durant" record is very telling.
That should've been apparent well before seeing that post :lol KD's a bonafide top 3-4 player in the league, Kyrie is not even close to that level.

Jasper
04-03-2022, 10:12 AM

question is when will KD get off the pipe , and figurehe needs to move on ???
Kyrie is a cancer and the above stats prove it.
(Why do you think Bron waved good bye)

noonereal
04-03-2022, 12:56 PM
Dragic I am sure now wishes he joined the Bucks.

Fulz - last time I seen a stat Irving was just over .500 when he plays the team he colluded

As a Brookly fan, I wish he had too.
He is terrible.

Axe
04-05-2022, 06:51 PM
20-2
:milton

moongaze
04-05-2022, 09:35 PM
Genuinely curious bc it seems a lot of people are calling the Nets favorites with Kyrie back full-time. But it feels like they havent won many of the games he’s played this year. Obviously some of them were without Durant, but I know the two of them together lost to the Grizz last night among other losses.

Not saying the Nets cant win the East, but is there any evidence to support this notion theyre a favorite? Kyrie has done NOTHING in his career without prime LeHung. Absolutely nothing. Yes Durant is good, but he’s not LEBRON good. Seems like some of yall are crowning the Nets bc Irving looks slick on highlight mixes and you think thats gonna win playoff games.

But he hasnt led them to many wins so far.

I guess maybe thatll change when the competition gets even tougher, bc you know, Kyrie is a big name and he has a lot of highlights. So I guess that means automatic basketball winnings n stuff?

Kyrie doesn't play winning basketball that's why. He plays without the scoreboard in mind. Like say his team is up 7 or something, he will chuck threes and low percentage shots instead of taking high percentage shots to build the lead. It's almost like he plays one on one all game with the score stuck on zero in his mind. He can often halt momentum or let teams back in it by taking stupid shots For as good of a finisher as we say he is, he does not and cannot spam drives to take over like a Tony Parker . Kyrie is my favorite player but he is a low IQ player.

FultzNationRISE
06-30-2022, 09:45 PM
Does anyone have an update?

Anyone?

FultzNationRISE
10-27-2022, 10:46 PM
https://media.tenor.com/VoXqLiK6mAIAAAAC/kyrie-irving.gif

GrayGoat
10-27-2022, 11:16 PM
https://media.tenor.com/VoXqLiK6mAIAAAAC/kyrie-irving.gif
Kyrie got cursed by bostons leprechaun