PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop saying Lebron is MVP?

Walk on Water
01-16-2022, 10:03 PM
The prediction was that Lakers were gonna win it all and that they would have won of the best records ever. Fans were already planning for the parade. Well guess what? They’re a 500 mediocre team. Lebron has Westbrook and even with AD they weren’t doing anything.

Just stop. I don’t care what his stats are. They’re losing, he isn’t looking at his best. What happened to championship? Westbrook isn’t bad. Lebron just doesn’t make his players better and always needs maximum help. This is probably the most shameful Lakers team and it’s largely in part to Lebron and his decisions to sign the big names and not be able to make them better.

SATAN
01-16-2022, 10:04 PM
https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/11/Dv5e5.gif

HunterSThompson
01-16-2022, 10:37 PM
right now I have lebron 5th

#1 Giannis
#2 Morant
#3 Jokic
#4 Embiid
#5 Lebron

durant is disqualified due to his injury keeping him out for the next month+

derozan is disqualified since he can't win a game without lavine

Spurs m8
01-16-2022, 11:09 PM
Just switch off, mate.

These are the same idiots that call him the GOAT
lmao

They can't be taken seriously, their words are empty, they are delusional

John8204
01-16-2022, 11:11 PM
I feel like every week we have a new MVP so to say Lebron an top all-star isn't in the discussion is silly in my world view

HunterSThompson
01-16-2022, 11:25 PM
I feel like every week we have a new MVP so to say Lebron an top all-star isn't in the discussion is silly in my world view

its really by default tbh..

curry blew it getting old

durant blew it getting injured

doncic blew it getting fat

Lavine blew it for derozan

booker and paul blew it for each other

butler, lowry, bam and herro blew it for each other

mitchell and rudy blew it for each other

now simmons might blow it for embiid

murray/porter Jr might blow it for jokic

and so far westbrook has been blowing it for lebron after davis gave him a shot at it

the only guy that seems to be not getting screwed by teammates or injuries is Giannis

ja morants teammates winning without him may have hurt his case as well. its another year of the "last man standing" mvp like with jokic last year

Druckenmiller
01-16-2022, 11:33 PM
World B Free was arguably an MVP in 1979 with that criteria. Put up a bunch of empty numbers and lead your team to the landfill — win MVP.

John8204
01-16-2022, 11:54 PM
its really by default tbh..

curry blew it getting old

durant blew it getting injured

doncic blew it getting fat

Lavine blew it for derozan

booker and paul blew it for each other

butler, lowry, bam and herro blew it for each other

mitchell and rudy blew it for each other

now simmons might blow it for embiid

murray/porter Jr might blow it for jokic

and so far westbrook has been blowing it for lebron after davis gave him a shot at it

the only guy that seems to be not getting screwed by teammates or injuries is Giannis

ja morants teammates winning without him may have hurt his case as well. its another year of the "last man standing" mvp like with jokic last year

I can see it coming down to Paul/Booker vs Klay/Curry on which team finishes first. Chris Paul really should have an MVP he's getting close to Jerry West territory where his resume of turning teams around has been so staggering it's dumb that we are looking for excuses to give it to other guys. On the other hand if the Warriors end up as the #1 Seed I think Curry getting his third is important but so would be establishing Klay as a top 75 player. The MVP is a narrative driven award. As for Ja Morant...I don't know if giving an award to a 22 year old the other 22 year olds that won the award was Wes Unseld and Derrick Rose and we saw how both of those worked out for us.