PDA

View Full Version : "I was as great a player as Michael Jordan." - Scottie Pippen

ELITEpower23
11-12-2021, 12:28 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/KzpGGfmc/Pip-same-level-as-MJ.jpg

Manny98
11-12-2021, 12:31 PM
Pippen is entering delusional territory then

Airupthere
11-12-2021, 12:33 PM
His book is out. So all the branstans should buy it in support of one of their most revered players.

8Ball
11-12-2021, 01:30 PM
His book is out. So all the branstans should buy it in support of one of their most revered players.

Scottie Pippen knows more about Jordan than any Jordan stan on the planet.

So when Pippen talks about Jordan, I listen.

pandiani17
11-12-2021, 01:33 PM
:roll: That's why he won so many chips with a loaded Trail Blazers team.

Airupthere
11-12-2021, 01:34 PM
:roll: That's why he won so many chips with a loaded Trail Blazers team.

You could surely see that invaluable leadership that led the Bulls to 2 3peats applied in Hou and Portland. What a leader.

ImKobe
11-12-2021, 02:57 PM
You could surely see that invaluable leadership that led the Bulls to 2 3peats applied in Hou and Portland. What a leader.

Choked in both Playoff series (99, 00) LMAO. Lost to the Lakers 4 years in a row too. Kobe made him his b!tch.

ELITEpower23
11-12-2021, 02:59 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/xCBdG5hx/20211112-082913.jpg

pandiani17
11-12-2021, 03:05 PM
Choked in both Playoff series (99, 00) LMAO. Lost to the Lakers 4 years in a row too. Kobe made him his b!tch.

I think you didn't get the sarcasm. Anyway, for me it's sad to see how one of the scariest bromances of all-time in the NBA is beefing about bullshit, I would like to think that they are just doing it for the money and attention and they are sharing cigars and beers in private.

Airupthere
11-12-2021, 03:05 PM

I guess must agree with him when he says him and KD are equals then.

"Me or Kevin Durant at small forward?" Pippen continued. "You could go either way."

ImKobe
11-12-2021, 03:09 PM
I think you didn't get the sarcasm. Anyway, for me it's sad to see how one of the scariest bromances of all-time in the NBA is beefing about bullshit, I would like to think that they are just doing it for the money and attention and they are sharing cigars and beers in private.

I got the sarcasm :facepalm . I'm just making fun of his Playoff track record without MJ. And yes, he's probably just saying bullshit to hype up his book and him and Jordan probably shit talk each other all the time but the Bron stans take this shit seriously.

ZenMaster
11-12-2021, 03:10 PM
https://youtu.be/EyT-0sDQlKI

GimmeThat
11-12-2021, 03:58 PM
This statement simply ruins the credibility of everything he's said prior and brings everything into focus - if anyone was wondering whether other things he's said are valid, then they can look at this statement and discredit everything

I thought it was the other way around. it should be everything he's said prior to this simply ruins the credibility of this statement.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-12-2021, 04:25 PM
I thought it was the other way around. it should be everything he's said prior to this simply ruins the credibility of this statement.

What are you referring to?

If its about Lebron, who Pippen thinks could go down as greater, then that's true. I don't think he will, but Lebron could absolutely build up his resume and will be argued as such.

These latest comments though? Now...not so sure Pippen didn't say the other crap just to shade Mike. Pippen also said he appreciates Bron's game cuz he sees himself in dude.

ArbitraryWater
11-12-2021, 04:28 PM
To this day it remains unclear who the driving force behind the 6 chips was...

its difficult since both were on for 6 and the team went nowhere without one of them.

Scholars and pundits have tried to argue for years what was more important to the game,

leading in scoring or leading in blocks steals assists rebounds

GimmeThat
11-12-2021, 04:36 PM
What are you referring to?

If its about Lebron, who Pippen thinks could go down as greater, then that's true. I don't think he will, but Lebron could absolutely build up his resume and will be argued as such.

These latest comments though? Now...not so sure Pippen didn't say the other crap just to shade Mike. Pippen also said he appreciates Bron's game cuz he sees himself in dude.

referring to the time you got dumped and lost everything in a divorce

Gohan
11-12-2021, 04:38 PM
To this day it remains unclear who the driving force behind the 6 chips was...

its difficult since both were on for 6 and the team went nowhere without one of them.

Scholars and pundits have tried to argue for years what was more important to the game,

leading in scoring or leading in blocks steals assists rebounds

Who was the driving force behind your snitching? I guess it was the turkish dude who put them decks on you. Dont start no shit wont be no shit

ArbitraryWater
11-12-2021, 04:39 PM
Who was the driving force behind your snitching? I guess it was the turkish dude who put them decks on you. Dont start no shit wont be no shit

nikka who r u

:biggums::biggums::biggums:

damn, nikka

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-12-2021, 04:46 PM
referring to the time you got dumped and lost everything in a divorce

Damn... you got me there, chief.

:whatever:

Forgot you were that poster who communicates like an impaired bot. My bad.

RRR3
11-12-2021, 04:51 PM
Damn... you got me there, chief.

:whatever:

Forgot you were that poster who communicates like an impaired bot. My bad.
:yaohappy:

Marchesk
11-12-2021, 07:06 PM
So, does that mean Lebron is #3 all-time?

97 bulls
11-12-2021, 08:23 PM
Jordan was better, they were equally important

hateraid
11-12-2021, 09:46 PM

Bingo

Axe
11-12-2021, 09:47 PM
We already have this thread lmao. Stop trolling, slick.

Honor Boost
11-12-2021, 09:59 PM
And I have some beach front property to sell you

Gohan
11-13-2021, 08:22 AM
nikka who r u

:biggums::biggums::biggums:

damn, nikka

Im dat nikka gohan the real prince of all saiyans

WhiteKyrie
11-13-2021, 07:53 PM

Equally? No. As the first part of your statement indicates.

sdot_thadon
11-13-2021, 09:21 PM
Equally? No. As the first part of your statement indicates.

As it applies to the success of that dynasty? Apparently so, otherwise Mike would have had at least a sliver of success without Scottie. He had several season worth of attempts didn't he?

97 bulls
11-13-2021, 09:35 PM
As it applies to the success of that dynasty? Apparently so, otherwise Mike would have had at least a sliver of success without Scottie. He had several season worth of attempts didn't he?

That's what baffles me. Somehow, it seems as if these guys are saying Jordan had all this team success. As if Pippen joined a Bulls team that had already 3peated.

ELITEpower23
11-13-2021, 10:26 PM

I've heard he played five season without Scottie but couldn't even win a single playoff game :( 1-9 is real they say

Baller789
11-14-2021, 06:31 AM
Problem is Scottie isn't even the best SF of the 90's.

Axe
11-14-2021, 06:36 AM
Im dat nikka gohan the real prince of all saiyans
How's cell doing huh, gohan? :D

ImKobe
11-14-2021, 07:24 AM
Problem is Scottie isn't even the best SF of the 90's.

He might have been overall with the accolades but he certainly wasn't the best at his position every year. Nique was better in the early 90s and Grant Hill IMO was a better player before his injuries as well. Pippen was the best in '94 & '95 but you could make arguments for others outside of that.

Axe
11-14-2021, 07:37 AM
He might have been overall with the accolades but he certainly wasn't the best at his position every year. Nique was better in the early 90s and Grant Hill IMO was a better player before his injuries as well. Pippen was the best in '94 & '95 but you could make arguments for others outside of that.
Funny how 3ball calls him a mere 'role player' for believing that he has mediocre scoring capabilities.

ImKobe
11-14-2021, 09:52 AM
Funny how 3ball calls him a mere 'role player' for believing that he has mediocre scoring capabilities.

He wasn't an elite scorer, he was a good 2nd option in his prime. Not that impressive scoring-wise from 93 onwards in the POs though. That wasn't his best attribute so we don't have to always bash his scoring ability and overlook his ATG defense and solid playmaking abilities.

BigShotBob
11-14-2021, 10:10 AM
He wasn't an elite scorer, he was a good 2nd option in his prime. Not that impressive scoring-wise from 93 onwards in the POs though. That wasn't his best attribute so we don't have to always bash his scoring ability and overlook his ATG defense and solid playmaking abilities.

I don't think Pippen was an ATG playmaker even for his position.

ImKobe
11-14-2021, 10:17 AM
I don't think Pippen was an ATG playmaker even for his position.

Not ATG, but solid. The triangle doesn't help the assist numbers either and MJ ISO-d a lot and Pip still averaged 7 assists for a season and 6.7 for a title run, which is impressive IMO.

BigShotBob
11-14-2021, 10:20 AM
Not ATG, but solid. The triangle doesn't help the assist numbers either and MJ ISO-d a lot and Pip still averaged 7 assists for a season and 6.7 for a title run, which is impressive IMO.

He was solid, but nothing special. It wasn't anything that say, Grant Hill couldn't accomplish and then some since he was better than Pippen in almost every conceivable way. What hurts Pippen's image isn't that he was in MJ's shadow, it was that he was in practically everyone's shadow during the 90's.

97 bulls
11-14-2021, 10:39 AM
He was solid, but nothing special. It wasn't anything that say, Grant Hill couldn't accomplish and then some since he was better than Pippen in almost every conceivable way. What hurts Pippen's image isn't that he was in MJ's shadow, it was that he was in practically everyone's shadow during the 90's.

What would Grant Hills numbers look like playing next to Jordan?

Axe
11-14-2021, 10:41 AM
Yet for some odd reasons, he considers mo williams, boobie gibson, antawn jamison, big z, kyrie irving and many more to be all better players than him. And he keeps on blaming him for the bulls' loss in the '89 postseason, when doug collins was still the one who was coaching the team.

Axe
11-14-2021, 10:43 AM
Yet he's led the bulls to 55 games without his first option in '94 while mj couldn't even do the same without him? :confusedshrug:

Smh.

Baller789
11-14-2021, 11:22 AM

That doesn't really matter since we know Scottie's preak years stats are:

22ppg 8.7rpg 5.6apg

Grant's preak were
21.4ppg 9.0rpg 7.3apg

Pretty close.

Athough there was a year Grant averaged 25.8ppg, which are a 1st option type numbers. I don't think Scottie could average that. Plus one could argue that Grant still had more to grow before injuries took its toll. To those who saw them play, Grant was arguably a better player overall.

97 bulls
11-14-2021, 11:46 AM
That doesn't really matter since we know Scottie's preak years stats are:

22ppg 8.7rpg 5.6apg

Grant's preak were
21.4ppg 9.0rpg 7.3apg

Pretty close.

Athough there was a year Grant averaged 25.8ppg, which are a 1st option type numbers. I don't think Scottie could average that. Plus one could argue that Grant still had more to grow before injuries took its toll. To those who saw them play, Grant was arguably a better player overall.

Hill had 5 years to hit his peak. Pippen had 1 1/2. And this doesn't take into account the defensive impact of the two.

dankok8
11-14-2021, 01:11 PM
Pippen was a really good playmaker. Let's be fair. Maybe his greatest ability is that his all-around skill set meant he could integrate well into many teams. Some of it was MJ as well who since Phil arrived started to play more off-ball and let Pippen run the offense. But Pippen deserves a lot of credit. Pippen was basically able to play at his full capacity next to MJ. His stats without MJ didn't really improve and if Pippen had a weakness it was his scoring particularly in the half court. Pippen's scoring was basically capped at around 22 ppg and he couldn't really score more without hurting the team.

As for the Grant Hill comparison, I think Hill became better than Pippen in 1998 in the Bulls' last title run. Scottie was hurt and started to decline noticeably. By the way Hill wasn't Pippen level on that end but he was still very good defensively.

sdot_thadon
11-14-2021, 03:20 PM
I think Scottie has become such a tough topic now, too many people who didn't watch him are having opinions based on fanboy lore. My thoughts on Scottie:

•absolutely all time great.

•Top 10 player in his era depending on the year.

• was a lotto pick, so he didn't come in from nowhere.

• 2nd only to Kobe as the greatest sidekick ever imo.

• Mj did help big time in his development, but it's laughable to say he "made" him. (Never "made" another)

• his growth without Michael was exponentially greater than his growth under Michael.

• was a star in his own right during the 2nd 3peat.

• the other 90s hall of famers would take him over their 2nd options in a heartbeat.

• Mike won exactly zero playoff series with him.

• He won 1 the very 1st year without Mike. And several in the following seasons.

• he's right and he's wrong at the same time about his perception in comparison to Mike retrospectively. He's not Mj even if he thinks he's that guy, however he does deserve more credit as the 2nd most important piece of 6 ring dynasty.

3ba11
11-14-2021, 03:34 PM

If you can't understand that Pippen wouldn't be recognized as an all-time great without playing with MJ, then you don't understand how the world works and I feel sorry for you... Seriously.. It must suck to not understand the world or to be blissfully ignorant.

no one would ever mention Pippen, except he happened to play alongside MJ

Pippen is a guy that never dominated and never hit a big shot - like, you can't name a single time.. there's literally never been a bigger statistical gap between 1st and 2nd option than MJ/Pip... The gap is bigger than Hakeem/Horry in the 94' Playoff

Indian guy
11-14-2021, 03:49 PM
I'm still confused by what was so offensive about The Last Dance in regards to Scottie that has led to this embarrassment :facepalm. I have watched that documentary 3 times and recall nothing but universal praise for Pippen. Even certain black marks on his career like The Migraine (1990) or Sitting Bull (1994) are only covered to show how he bounced back and redeemed himself from it. I have no clue what Pippen is so mad about. This is really embarrassing to read.

BigShotBob
11-14-2021, 11:30 PM

25/7/8 consistently

Yet he's led the bulls to 55 games without his first option in '94 while mj couldn't even do the same without him? :confusedshrug:

Smh.

RS wins isn't the hill you should want to die on. Try again.

Bawkish
11-14-2021, 11:56 PM
I'm still confused by what was so offensive about The Last Dance in regards to Scottie that has led to this embarrassment :facepalm. I have watched that documentary 3 times and recall nothing but universal praise for Pippen. Even certain black marks on his career like The Migraine (1990) or Sitting Bull (1994) are only covered to show how he bounced back and redeemed himself from it. I have no clue what Pippen is so mad about. This is really embarrassing to read.

They even show other's negative sides like Rodman's wild attitude & unprofessionalism and MJ's gambling & his non-support of a fellow black political candidate in NC

90sgoat
11-15-2021, 12:16 AM
• 2nd only to Kobe as the greatest sidekick ever imo.

Dude.

:roll:

How then do you rank these:

Magic / Kareem
Bird / McHale
Jerry West / Wilt
Lebron / Dwade
Malone / Stockton
Duncan / David Robinson
Hakeen / Clyde Drexler

I could go on.

Each of those above are greater players than Pippen ever was.

Pippen was on par overall with the above for a few seasons, maybe from 1992-94, but that's it. Pip in the second 3-peat is not close to the value that Dwade had with Lebron or Kareem had with Magic.

JohnMax
11-15-2021, 02:11 AM
https://fadeawayworld.net/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_620/MTg1MjUzNDE4MDQ1MDIzODkx/bron-pippen.webp

sdot_thadon
11-15-2021, 07:42 AM
Dude.

:roll:

How then do you rank these:

Magic / Kareem
Bird / McHale
Jerry West / Wilt
Lebron / Dwade
Malone / Stockton
Duncan / David Robinson
Hakeen / Clyde Drexler

I could go on.

Each of those above are greater players than Pippen ever was.

Pippen was on par overall with the above for a few seasons, maybe from 1992-94, but that's it. Pip in the second 3-peat is not close to the value that Dwade had with Lebron or Kareem had with Magic.

Majority of those guys spent their careers as a no.1 option and have never been seen in that light . And more importantly those guys spent their primes as no.1's. Kobe is even questionable because of his success beyond those Shaq years but it's hard for me not to give him that distinction because he had it for more than a single run and did it arguably better than anyone had and since.

Baller789
11-15-2021, 08:42 AM
Hill had 5 years to hit his peak. Pippen had 1 1/2. And this doesn't take into account the defensive impact of the two.

Easier to develop when you are not the focal point of the defence eh?
Defensively Pip was much better as per team defence. But man to man defence is much closer.
But offensively Grant can iso anyone. You didn't even need to double Scottie.

Axe
11-15-2021, 10:47 PM
25/7/8 consistently

RS wins isn't the hill you should want to die on. Try again.
Umm in the playoffs, mj had 5 years to make it to the second round without him. Why didn't he do so though?

Axe
11-15-2021, 10:47 PM
If you can't understand that Pippen wouldn't be recognized as an all-time great without playing with MJ, then you don't understand how the world works and I feel sorry for you... Seriously.. It must suck to not understand the world or to be blissfully ignorant.

no one would ever mention Pippen, except he happened to play alongside MJ

Pippen is a guy that never dominated and never hit a big shot - like, you can't name a single time.. there's literally never been a bigger statistical gap between 1st and 2nd option than MJ/Pip... The gap is bigger than Hakeem/Horry in the 94' Playoff
You are unhinged.

2/7 btw

Bawkish
11-16-2021, 01:44 AM
Umm in the playoffs, mj had 5 years to make it to the second round without him. Why didn't he do so though?

probably because his teammates were all cokeheads, mechanics and grocery baggers?

SATAN
11-16-2021, 01:45 AM
probably because his teammates were all cokeheads, mechanics and grocery baggers?

So was his competition. :confusedshrug:

Bawkish
11-16-2021, 02:11 AM
So was his competition. :confusedshrug:

today i learned that Magic , Kareem, Bird, McHale, Worthy were all bunch of crackheads & grocery baggers

SATAN
11-16-2021, 02:26 AM
https://pics.me.me/otdh-88-knicks-legend-john-starks-made-his-nba-debut-28885460.png
https://www.thedailyhelping.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ep-108-from-auto-mechanic-to-all-star-to-author-with-mark-eaton_thumbnail.png

Axe
11-16-2021, 02:59 AM
Or maybe he himself was until he got scottie pippen in his team. Who knows. :confusedshrug:

Bawkish
11-16-2021, 03:17 AM
Or maybe he himself was until he got scottie pippen in his team. Who knows. :confusedshrug:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-09-2017/bK2pDb.gif

hmm i don't know man...

Axe
11-16-2021, 04:09 AM

hmm i don't know man...
See, even you aren't certain about your own hero. :ohwell:

ImKobe
11-16-2021, 08:25 AM
https://pics.me.me/otdh-88-knicks-legend-john-starks-made-his-nba-debut-28885460.png
https://www.thedailyhelping.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ep-108-from-auto-mechanic-to-all-star-to-author-with-mark-eaton_thumbnail.png

Giannis came from nothing and didn't start playing ball until he was 13 and is now arguably the best player in the league. Embiid is another example of someone who was a volleyball player and didn't play basketball until he was 15 and became one of the best big men to ever do it. :kobe:

Isiah thomas was the 60th pick and 5-9 with shoes and became a ~29 ppg scorer and led a team to the ECF just 4 years ago.

ELITEpower23
11-16-2021, 08:05 PM
Eerily similar players

https://i.postimg.cc/8PLMxbGv/Demar-De-Jordan.jpg

JohnMax
11-16-2021, 08:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Xz9yqhiin0yybieU5g/giphy.gif

ELITEpower23
11-16-2021, 09:33 PM

Holy fu** :oldlol: :roll:

theman93
11-16-2021, 09:44 PM
Saying Starks sucked because he use to bag groceries is like saying HoF quarterback Kurt Warner sucked because he use to bag groceries.

What an idiotic position to take :lol

RogueBorg
11-16-2021, 10:28 PM
Saying Starks sucked because he use to bag groceries is like saying HoF quarterback Kurt Warner sucked because he use to bag groceries.

Great point.

kawhileonard2
11-16-2021, 10:35 PM
Kenyon Dooling was making $10 million a year in this era While someone like Kareem was getting $1 million in the late 80's.

LostCause
11-17-2021, 12:21 AM

hmm i don't know man...

Did this clip make it in the Last Dance? I don’t recall it very well but if it did, I can see why Scottie hates Mike now lol

97 bulls
11-17-2021, 12:23 AM

The Starks bagging groceries narrative is untrue. Or at least how it being framed. We've been led to believe that Starks was bagging groceries before he played in the NBA. As if he tried out for an NBA team, and made it as a grocery store clerk. The truth is that he worked at a grocery store to pay his way through college.

3ba11
11-17-2021, 12:41 AM
The Starks bagging groceries narrative is untrue. Or at least how it being framed. We've been led to believe that Starks was bagging groceries before he played in the NBA. As if he tried out for an NBA team, and made it as a grocery store clerk. The truth is that he worked at a grocery store to pay his way through college.

Why aren't you this honest about Pippen and MJ/Lebron?

Weirdest shit ever

97 bulls
11-17-2021, 10:51 AM

Weirdest shit ever

I am, I'm not saying James is better than Jordan. Jordan is the GOAT in my opinion. The only unreasonable one here is you. You're literally calling Scottie Pippen a bum. You've called all of Jordan's teammates bums. You troll, and are inconsistent in your assessments. And you only place value on scoring in the game of basketball.

dankok8
11-17-2021, 11:11 AM
I am, I'm not saying James is better than Jordan. Jordan is the GOAT in my opinion. The only unreasonable one here is you. You're literally calling Scottie Pippen a bum. You've called all of Jordan's teammates bums. You troll, and are inconsistent in your assessments. And you only place value on scoring in the game of basketball.

Well said. I think he's too stuck in his ways to change though.

Phoenix
11-17-2021, 11:17 AM

Weirdest shit ever

97Bulls is a BULLS fan, not a frothing at the mouth player stan.

getting_old
11-17-2021, 02:35 PM
has enough time passed so that young fans have no clue who Pippen was, and not a single image in their mind of his great play?