PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook's worst game in his career?

PeroAntic
11-07-2021, 09:53 AM
Its not just the stats (triple single on 1/13 shooting), but the way he played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9G0036TqHw

Eyes hurt after watching this whether youre a stan or hater. Airballs on jumpers (shooting mechanics looks worse than ever), amateur misses from under the basket, getting blocked left and right, uncontrolled throwing balls into defenders and out of bounds... He seems to have lost a step as well. He says he needs to figure it out with a new team but this is not about tactics or chemistry, its all him. time to hit the bench bro.

Marchesk
11-07-2021, 09:58 AM
He's at 47.3 TS% and 94 offensive rating through 10 games. 26.8% from three and still taking 4 a game.

I assume he'll improve and have a period of games where he goes wild, but you have to wonder how long he can remain a viable starter in the modern NBA.

pandiani17
11-07-2021, 10:05 AM
I think he is trying too hard to play well, instead of getting a feel for the game and acting according to the action. Maybe getting traded so many times in the last few years has affected his confidence.

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2021, 10:38 AM
That was just sad to watch.

Also, was there a reason they showed his two missed layups like 5 times in a row at the end :lol

Jasper
11-07-2021, 11:01 AM
If you have not figured Westbrook out by now ,... you need a teacher about players.

1) He was tired - every shoot pushed or short. (that means he is tired)
2) He was playing against Dane (That means added pressure)
3) Perfect example why any team would want him ; He got a rebound and he was one of three players on the defensive end. Portland was already back on 'D'.
Westbrook pushes the ball up and in the box 5 portland players surround the box , not one LA player in site , and Westbrook drives for a layup and misses it.
* The ball has not been pushed up the court like this since Magic Johnson's SHOW TIME> \
4) Left wing jumper Westbrook loves to bank it , and he aimed for the rim and missed the shot , then another wing (he was to far out of his comfort zone and tries a bank
which is even harder to make...
**IT is all based on fatigue- but he would never tell his coach or press.

What Westbrook needs to do , when he feels he is off, and fatigued after 4-6 shots , just pass the ball.
If he has a layup go for it.

I am sure he is pressuring himself knowing Bron is out , and he needs to carry the load.

ImKobe
11-07-2021, 12:20 PM
And some idiot tried telling me that Westbrook was better than Oscar, smh..

Phoenix
11-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Westbrook is virtually the same player today that he was 10 years ago. Dude is a stat machine with an incredible motor, but has never been a 'floor general' in terms of game management. Being on the floor with Lebron may force him to play a smarter game at times but he's a bull in a china shop otherwise.

lakerstekkenn
11-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Russell's game is a fast pace rim attacking game running the basketball with quick offense attacks, he's not your slow down the game offensive type of player hitting jumpers wide open threes, he's a showtime Lakers player, when he's in a slow offense he's not playing well, he needs shooters not okay shooters that's why he's not working out, when teams clog the lanes Russell isn't scoring and turning the ball over, when his shot is off he's terrible.

Russell needs screens to get to his certain spots to hit his bank shots and jumpers, screens to slash and attack the rim, a little lane to use his quickness better spacing, Frank's offensive system doesn't fit this teams makeup of players his system worked better for three point shooters he had before, he doesn't have the three point shooting he had before, plus his starting lineup is wrong Howard is quicker than Jordan and should be starting Jordan would work better off the bench, Jordan will just get attacked with quick players, he's to slow to recover, Howard is quicker and could recover.

Frank has this team not playing well, because of his offensive system doesn't fit this type of team, they look lost the spacing is terrible and the shot selection is terrible, there's no offensive sets everyone is playing iso James and Davis ball, this won't work and nobody can score, you need an offensive system that creates easy buckets for everyone including the roll players even James and Davis, the motion offense would work better for this team, this creates easy open buckets, instead of this offense flowing only through Davis and James while everyone else just stands around waiting for the basketball then misses, nobodies rebounding because everyone is camped out on the three point line, this won't work.

Less talented teams can play with all star filled teams running a effective offensive system like the motion offense this is what happened in the 2021 Olympics, team USA had serious trouble against the motion offense because it gets it's players easy baskets not by constantly shooting threes but slashing and cutting to the basket, this three point offense system works well with teams that have strong three point shooters not with this Lakers team with poor three point shooters, Frank made a mistake choosing his previous offensive system instead of adapting to this teams strength and weaknesses on offense and James & Davis constantly getting injured plus Russell's strengths and weaknesses, instead Frank brought back the same offensive system.

999Guy
11-07-2021, 03:20 PM
His early Rockets games were far more ridiculous. He just had a much better team around him than whatever LA had last night.

This one stands out: https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201912030SAS.html

RRR3
11-07-2021, 03:21 PM
His early Rockets games were far more ridiculous. He just had a much better team around him than whatever LA had last night.

This one stands out: https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201912030SAS.html
Brook the Builder :oldlol:

He was a beast from 2011-2017 though.

Full Court
11-07-2021, 10:32 PM
Westbrook and Simmons should be teammates. That would be a fun team to watch.

Axe
11-07-2021, 10:54 PM
And some idiot tried telling me that Westbrook was better than Oscar, smh..
Who said that? It may be vague but i think i've seen it before.

imdaman99
11-07-2021, 11:56 PM
Westbrook is virtually the same player today that he was 10 years ago. Dude is a stat machine with an incredible motor, but has never been a 'floor general' in terms of game management. Being on the floor with Lebron may force him to play a smarter game at times but he's a bull in a china shop otherwise.

What about 2017? He was special that year. He was clutch, he was relentless, he was a leader. He must have burnt himself out that season because he's never been the same. He's shown flashes, hell he showed plenty of them last season. But in 2017, his MVP year, he did it all year almost every single game. Sure he had some bad games that year, but who doesn't?

I don't even watch highlights of his games when he does well anymore. He's burned me out.

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:00 AM
What about 2017? He was special that year. He was clutch, he was relentless, he was a leader. He must have burnt himself out that season because he's never been the same. He's shown flashes, hell he showed plenty of them last season. But in 2017, his MVP year, he did it all year almost every single game. Sure he had some bad games that year, but who doesn't?

I don't even watch highlights of his games when he does well anymore. He's burned me out.
Phoenix was exaggerating. Westbrook was really good from 2011-17, he wasn’t even inefficient during that time. Losing athleticism and forgetting how to shoot have ruined him. Probably time to hang it up soon tbh. He was super fun to watch back in the day though I haven’t forgotten.