PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron James a bust?

10-04-2021, 06:51 AM
Think about it. Lebron was expected to become the next Goat, but he didnt become the next Goat. Isnt the definition of a bust a draft pick that underperforms compared to expectations?

Discuss.

Axe
10-04-2021, 07:36 AM
Hemorrhage

TheCorporation
10-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Bustin that ass, yes.

Kobe_Bryant
10-04-2021, 10:02 AM
no real titles

journeyman

ring chaser

roids

destroyed 70% of the nbas fan base

played 11 years in Cleveland and got swept in the finals twice and rigged a suspension to draymond while kyrie hit the series winner for their only fake title while he averaged the 2nd most points in sidekick history

promised 8 titles in Miami and left then with just a ray allen bail out and a fake lockout ring with 2 all time choke jobs

now in LA hes got a fake bubble ring with davis averaging the 5th most points in sidekick history after missing the playoffs and getting bounced in round one a year later. now he's got some weird geriatric 35 year old superteam and this is his curtain call? lmao

but most importantly.

he was supposed to win 6-7 titles in Cleveland and make the cavs an iconic brand like the bulls...he never lifted the cavs out of irrelevance. theyre still just as much of a joke team that nobody wants to play for. that 1 fake title literally meant nothing. no one is proud to wear a lebron cavs jersey. and lebron Miami jersey would be cringe too. and when he's retired the only jersey fans might wear is the one synonymous to me

pathetic

Kobe_Bryant
10-04-2021, 10:12 AM
https://i.ibb.co/5LV0wp0/Screenshot-20211004-100912-Gallery.jpg

this is the problem with team hopping all the time. none of your jerseys become iconic and most people look at them like "that old out of date shit that was cool for a few years but now he's a laker. why would I wear that crap

and after he's retired his most iconic jersey will be one people would rather have magic or myself stitched on the back

Hey Yo
10-04-2021, 10:40 AM
12-47

Wally450
10-04-2021, 10:49 AM
LeBron is better than your favorite player.

Kobe_Bryant
10-04-2021, 10:56 AM

I dunno after hearing 100+ players all time top 5 lists I gotta say.. me and Mike appear on more of those lists than your favorite player

SaintzFury13
10-04-2021, 01:51 PM
If we are being completely objective about it, no.

LeBron had many expectations. Being the one to surpass Jordan was indeed one of them. Do I think he accomplished that goal? In my eyes no, he didn't. But I do acknowledge that the argument for him being the greatest of all time exists. 2013 LeBron is the greatest basketball play I have ever witnessed from anyone, period. His longevity is matched by no one, not even Kareem. His ability to take any team that he becomes part of, and turn them into immediate contenders, is matched by none. By the time he retires, he will hold records that we probably won't see be broken for a very long time, if ever. He has a much greater argument for GOAT than anyone else in the history of the NBA besides Jordan. Based on that aspect alone, I would say he's as far from a bust as they get.

And not to mention, one of the biggest expectations was that he would be the one to end Cleveland's title curse. He did that. On that aspect alone he's not a bust.

SaintzFury13
10-04-2021, 01:51 PM
no real titles

journeyman

ring chaser

roids

destroyed 70% of the nbas fan base

played 11 years in Cleveland and got swept in the finals twice and rigged a suspension to draymond while kyrie hit the series winner for their only fake title while he averaged the 2nd most points in sidekick history

promised 8 titles in Miami and left then with just a ray allen bail out and a fake lockout ring with 2 all time choke jobs

now in LA hes got a fake bubble ring with davis averaging the 5th most points in sidekick history after missing the playoffs and getting bounced in round one a year later. now he's got some weird geriatric 35 year old superteam and this is his curtain call? lmao

but most importantly.

he was supposed to win 6-7 titles in Cleveland and make the cavs an iconic brand like the bulls...he never lifted the cavs out of irrelevance. theyre still just as much of a joke team that nobody wants to play for. that 1 fake title literally meant nothing. no one is proud to wear a lebron cavs jersey. and lebron Miami jersey would be cringe too. and when he's retired the only jersey fans might wear is the one synonymous to me

pathetic

What's pathetic is spending your free time pretending to be a deceased NBA player.

3ba11
10-04-2021, 01:59 PM
lebron was babied - when he won his 1st title in 2012, people felt sorry for him because it took so much to get him a title - the league had to move heaven and earth to stack his team sufficiently so he could finally win after many losses as the favorite

Axe
10-13-2021, 03:47 AM
He will always be regarded as a better player than your hero dingo

10-13-2021, 04:10 AM
He will always be regarded as a better player than your hero dingo
I dont have any heroes, but curry deserved an fmvp in 2015, agree or disagree?

Axe
10-13-2021, 04:30 AM
I dont have any heroes, but curry deserved an fmvp in 2015, agree or disagree?
Apparently, banal ongoing quarter buzzer beaters and continuous attempts of long-range open shots weren't enough for his impact to felt against the mighty king kong that would have resulted to him garnering a finals mvp six years ago. Try again. :(

10-13-2021, 04:37 AM
Apparently, banal ongoing quarter buzzer beaters and continuous attempts of long-range open shots weren't enough for his impact to felt against the mighty king kong that would have resulted to him garnering a finals mvp six years ago. Try again. :(
:facepalm

Full Court
10-13-2021, 06:55 AM
-86. Yep, he's a bust.

10-13-2021, 07:03 AM
-86. Yep, he's a bust.
Interesting

LeCola
10-13-2021, 09:10 AM

It is true unless he choose 9 specific players.