PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith's "First Take" Ratings Take A Big Hit After Max Kellerman Leaves

k0kakw0rld
09-30-2021, 08:32 AM
The ratings on "First Take" have apparently taken a sharp nose dive, following Max Kellerman's departure.

https://zupimages.net/up/21/39/mcw0.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/39/mcw0.jpg)
Stephen A. Smith is a piece of shit and I said that shit.

Shogon
09-30-2021, 08:42 AM
:roll:

No shit.

That format takes two people that are BOTH entertaining and play off of each other well. He's just marched a bunch of second rate people up there one after the other that don't compliment him in the slightest and the show has gone from being entertaining trash banter to just straight up trash.

SAS works his ass off maybe harder than anyone, that much is clear. His work ethic is tireless, but now it should be clear that he shouldn't be making these types of decisions.

hold this L
09-30-2021, 09:16 AM
Poor SAS's ego

https://c.tenor.com/3gZM2u84XzsAAAAC/lebron-james-playing-violin.gif

Wally450
09-30-2021, 09:21 AM
Can't imagine why people would watch in the first place.

Phoenix
09-30-2021, 09:22 AM
:roll::roll:

I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't clicked on a single first take video since Max left. The rotating formula of guest debaters doesn't work. People tune into eg Undisputed to watch Skip and Shannon go at it, not Skip vs random guest.

MadDog
09-30-2021, 10:53 AM
Nobody wants to watch this clown scream for 2 hours. :oldlol: Especially at a "rotating panel" who only cover certain sports. Stephen A wanted Max gone because Max was the better debater. Compared to Stephen A, Kellerman is more versed in other sports as well.

pandiani17
09-30-2021, 12:32 PM
:roll:

No shit.

That format takes two people that are BOTH entertaining and play off of each other well. He's just marched a bunch of second rate people up there one after the other that don't compliment him in the slightest and the show has gone from being entertaining trash banter to just straight up trash.

SAS works his ass off maybe harder than anyone, that much is clear. His work ethic is tireless, but now it should be clear that he shouldn't be making these types of decisions.

This. They definitely fed off each other.

ClipperRevival
09-30-2021, 04:03 PM
I'm glad to hear this.

Max was just as fresh as SAS if not fresher and SAS couldn't handle it and made the higher ups get rid of him.

Max might be in morning purgatory for now but he'll move on to greater things for sure. Love Max.

ArbitraryWater
09-30-2021, 04:05 PM
what was the ratings like before?

ClipperRevival
09-30-2021, 04:06 PM

I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't clicked on a single first take video since Max left. The rotating formula of guest debaters doesn't work. People tune into eg Undisputed to watch Skip and Shannon go at it, not Skip vs random guest.

Ditto

ClipperRevival
09-30-2021, 04:12 PM
Nobody wants to watch this clown scream for 2 hours. :oldlol: Especially at a "rotating panel" who only cover certain sports. Stephen A wanted Max gone because Max was the better debater. Compared to Stephen A, Kellerman is more versed in other sports as well.

When it comes to bball, SAS definitely knows his sh*t. He played some college ball so his knowledge is real.

But like you said, Max isn't THAT bad in bball but blows away SAS in baseball and especially boxing. Football is like a tie.

clipps
09-30-2021, 04:20 PM
Anyone who takes SAS and First Take serious is a massive retard. ESPN is a complete dumpster fire.

clipps
09-30-2021, 04:21 PM
When it comes to bball, SAS definitely knows his sh*t. He played some college ball so his knowledge is real.

But like you said, Max isn't THAT bad in bball but blows away SAS in baseball and especially boxing. Football is like a tie.

You're a ****ing moron.

ArbitraryWater
09-30-2021, 04:21 PM

what exactly does SAS know in basketball?

i dont trust his judgement, his emotion is too often involved... so is it the x and o's? understanding for the game? match-ups?

ClipperRevival
09-30-2021, 04:25 PM
You're a ****ing moron.

https://c.tenor.com/1ZSxGYwIad4AAAAd/obama-wtf.gif

ClipperRevival
09-30-2021, 04:28 PM

i dont trust his judgement, his emotion is too often involved... so is it the x and o's? understanding for the game? match-ups?

Just a basic understanding of the game I would say and the little nuances. Sort of like the difference between walking the path and knowing the path. SAS walked the path at a high level for a while so I respect that.

He's definitely not a big Xs and Os guy.

bizil
09-30-2021, 04:35 PM
When it comes to Max's hoop knowledge, he was actually good. I remember when TI was on the show. And SAS made a crack about Nique being fun to watch but not winning anything. TI retorted well look who he was running into in the East back in the day. From there, Max closed it shut by saying Nique was a great one, just didn't have the teams around him to win. SAS didn't put it like that. Barkley, Stockton, Malone, and Ewing don't catch NEARLY the amount of heat Nique does for not winning rings. SAS thinking the way he does is a huge reason why. Glad Max and TI checked him.

So for me, Max (even if I disagreed with his takes at times) chose his words more carefully. And added the proper context. SAS as great as he is, doesn't always do that. I can see why a lot of the athletes have issues with SAS. Or Skip for that matter. With Max, he doesn't come off that way. THUS is the reason why he was the perfect contrast to SAS. Still very entertaining, but without the controversial hot takes.

ClipperRevival
09-30-2021, 04:39 PM

Also to clarify, I am not saying I take every word he saids as gospel. Far from it. But for the most part, I respect his takes on bball.

Kobe_Bryant
09-30-2021, 04:41 PM
i didn't even like max but he provides a combative personality and friction creates good tv. i haven't cared about first things first either since nick got chris carter canned because he wouldn't put lebron over me or jordan and he constantly made fun of his hair

Cold soul
10-01-2021, 12:31 AM
First Take has been a dumpster fire since Skip Bayless left for a bigger payday with Undisputed on FS1. I can't blame him for leaving yes Skip is an known master troll but him and Stephen A Smith were very entertaining together with great chemistry and their hot takes they had were classic so many hilarious moments. I miss the old ESPN days shows like Cold Pizza were pretty good.

SATAN
10-01-2021, 01:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRw0YhLoWI

Go on...I dare you. :lol

Phoenix
10-01-2021, 02:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRw0YhLoWI

Go on...I dare you. :lol

Nope :lol Not doing it

kawhileonard2
10-01-2021, 02:03 AM
What were the ratings with him and Skip. I think Shannon and Skip are awesome together.

HoopsNY
10-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Stephen A is an insult to the profession of journalism and broadcasting. Most of these guys are for that matter. But at least Kellerman offered insight and was able to discuss more than one sport. Stephen A is just a loud mouthed buffoon.

Shogon
10-01-2021, 09:11 AM
First Take has been a dumpster fire since Skip Bayless left for a bigger payday with Undisputed on FS1. I can't blame him for leaving yes Skip is an known master troll but him and Stephen A Smith were very entertaining together with great chemistry and their hot takes they had were classic so many hilarious moments. I miss the old ESPN days shows like Cold Pizza were pretty good.

ESPN hasn't been good since the 90s when the internet didn't steal all highlights from the public's eye prior to ESPN getting a chance to air it.

ESPN hasn't gotten worse in the time frame you mentioned... you have changed and so has technology.

First Take was never good... Cold Pizza was never good... SportsCenter used to be good, ~25 years ago, when Stuart Scott was at his peak and that's about it.

Stephonit
10-01-2021, 09:13 AM
ESPN not showing any loyalty to its workers. No one on these networks apparently taking the hint from what happened on the Today show and Ann Curry.

kawhileonard2
10-01-2021, 09:06 PM
They probably went down when Skip left.

clipps
10-01-2021, 11:55 PM
https://c.tenor.com/1ZSxGYwIad4AAAAd/obama-wtf.gif

I get it. Water is wet.