PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about a stickied thread for full game videos?

SATAN
09-18-2021, 12:25 AM
YouTube has an abundance of full games uploaded but I think it would be good to have a central thread here that serves to educate, entertain, refresh memories etc...

All full games welcome. What do you guys say?

If all good by mods, I will kick it off with this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOS8nTlTCgg

Unreal first quarter by Sir Charles :applause:

If this isn't allowed for whatever reason someone let me know.

jstern
09-18-2021, 12:51 AM
The problem is that it's hard for any type of conversation to get going on a single 12 minute video, let alone nonstop full games. And it would be disorganized, random game from 2008, followed by random game from 1992 and so on.

What I would like to see is for the ISH community to create a Resilio Sync or Syncthing type folder where we all share our mostly original recording (versus YouTube compressed) games. Subfolders with years, then months, teams, and so on. I think KBlaze alone has hundreds of videos. That way the games are out there, rather than in our computers until we die.

It's not complicated, but complex. And in theory, if hundreds of people cooperated, it could be the biggest collection that cannot be brought down by anyone.

SATAN
09-18-2021, 01:10 AM
I was kind of hoping for not much discussion on the games themselves apart from a few comments here and there maybe. A thread without the usual bickering. Maybe people could cherry pick crap from the games and take it into other threads as ammunition. :lol

Your idea actually sounds pretty damn good although I couldn't contribute much to be honest. I had old games recorded on VHS but they didn't survive. I have a few dvds. The games on them are not really hard to find or anything though.

jstern
09-18-2021, 01:36 AM
So long as they are games not included in the archive.

I could get such a thing started, but then I would have to dedicate so much bandwidth directly from my computer.

DoctorP
09-18-2021, 04:20 AM
I think its a bad idea.

Phoenix
09-18-2021, 05:31 AM
Not a bad idea in principle, though I'm not sure if the admins would want to host files of that size on the site? I don't know how that shit works. :lol

Instead of one sticky topic, I would actually suggest a separate sub-forum, that way each game could have its own thread for focused discussion.

LAL
09-18-2021, 06:34 AM
Satan is pretty okay sometimes. Sometimes.

Can't hate on topics like these. Problem is most kids here can't watch full games.. it's stats and highlights.. they didn't grow up appreciating full games and tapes. I don't know.. i support it tho. Most games are on youtube anyway.

ralph_i_el
09-18-2021, 09:22 AM
Yes please. I've been looking for old games.